Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-23-23, 02:01 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm looking forward to Kassandra's new April challenge. (Even though I'm still working on her last one! )
I didn't even know about this. And then just like that I signed up.
Old 03-23-23, 02:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I didn't even know about this. And then just like that I signed up.

Yay!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 06:47 PM  
SandyO

buff, I hang at least a minute each day plus about 20 seconds each side one handed. I do that because it keeps my shoulders more mobile. I haven't tried pull ups or chin ups since my birthday.

Vannie, I am also looking forward to Kassandra's April Challenge. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family.

Helen, How soon until your birthday?
Old 03-24-23, 02:20 AM  
Helen

So looks like I should have a look at Kassandra's challenge? *after going to look*.... which one is it? 30 days morning? 30 days evening? The durations are GOOD - nothing arduous to try to fit in.

VANNIE 30 hours of driving?! That's HUGE!!

BUFF You really SHOULD have a poke at STS if you own it! I ground to a halt with the heat, and haven't sparked back to it again. Even though the heat dropped, the humidity didn't. Massive thunderstorm last night, which is what the humidity was building to.

SANDY My birthday is mid-May. I won't even finish STS by then.
But on the up-side, a 60th b'day is guaranteed to bring huge motivation (if it hasn't kicked back in before then). That's the b'day that my sister dropped around 100lb in a year - and has kept it off for 5 years now.

Jumping with buddy-Kathryn tonight an hour from now. She doesn't have STS, but has ordered STS 2.0 as the shorter durations and inclusions other than weights, suits her better, so we may do that properly together.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 07:36 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
So looks like I should have a look at Kassandra's challenge? *after going to look*.... which one is it? 30 days morning? 30 days evening? The durations are GOOD - nothing arduous to try to fit in.
The Kassandra Challenge will be 30 days in April, so it starts next weekend. It's a short practice plus an optional off mat task.
Old 03-25-23, 01:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I think I'm back in the land of the living now. I haven't felt great since Thursday afternoon, and yesterday I barely even left the couch. My stomach feels better now (pretty sure everything just got off track with traveling and eating poorly on the road), just have the remainder of a headache from not drinking enough yesterday. Really hoping to get back to routine on Monday. Poor Cyric hardly got any attention yesterday and no walks. He is the most patient dog!

I didn't do a whole lot for activity in AZ, besides walks with Cyric (and sometimes Dad) and my foot exercises (but not every day). Dad and I hoed the weeds out of our little family cemetery one day, my aunt and I walked about 6 miles one day, and she and I went to the Ren Fest last Saturday. It's so weird going not in garb! But we had a really nice day. and I bought a scarf and necklace and 3 more spiders. No rings, which is shocking! Otherwise Dad and I hung out, mostly watching TV (including rewatching the entire Longmire series, which we both love) and movies. We had a get together for my grandma's 88th birthday and I spent a few days with her over the course of my visit. She has Parkinson's, which is getting worse, and she's also starting to show signs of dementia. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her. We also had supper with my brother and his family a couple times. It was a really good trip, and I'm so glad I have the freedom to spend that much time when I go. The trip was delayed a couple days bc of the snowstorm here. I drove in horrific wind with gusts up to like 70 across New Mexico but otherwise the drive out there was fine. On my way home I had snow/rain mix in New Mexico and rain in Iowa but nothing bad at all. I really enjoy road trips but it's always nice to get off the road for the day. I listened to music, podcasts and baseball while I drove. Cyric is the best traveler you could ask for. Even easier than humans! Although since he doesn't talk back he doesn't help much if I get sleepy. Anyway, I had planned to only be there two weeks but a couple days before I was set to head home hubby and I talked and decided I should stay a few extra days to see everyone, especially Grandma, more and I'm so glad we decided that. All the same, it was really good to get home and see him after so long away.

I'm bummed that the foot of snow we got right before I left (to add to what was already on the ground) is almost all gone. But trying to look on the bright side, I don't have to resume my running on the treadmill but can go outside to do it. I was planning to start again at Dad's since the weather was warmer and no possibility of ice but it never happened. Some of it was laziness bc I usually do workout some while I'm there, but I also I just felt like visiting was more important.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 08:08 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Hearing about the trips other people take always inspires me. It's only time + distance right?

Sandy - How did you like the pilates workout you did?

Helen - Looking forward to your STS2 reviews.
Old 03-27-23, 03:37 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - How did you like the pilates workout you did?
Laura Peill youtube channel.
I have done three of hers now, and I thought they were all good workouts, but since I like to nitpick... The audio was a bit echo'y, something about her voice isn't pleasing, and 4 commercials played today during a 25 minute workout. I am planning to do her 5 day 10 minute series and four more 20-30 minute workouts since I need a break from Daniel.
Old 03-28-23, 07:33 AM  
SandyO

I did another Laura Peill workout this morning, and again I found it very effective; however, the volume was so low I had to crank it way up to hear. Thank goodness this one didn't have ads because they would have been super loud. I figured out what it is about her voice that's most annoying: the inflection. She's the sort with a very pronounced upward inflection.
Old 03-28-23, 07:58 AM  
buffmama

Turns out I did a bunch of her meditations and then seem to have abandonded her stuff. The things you stated would be deal breakers when there are so many good choices. The Girl with the Pilates Mat is doing a wall workout this week that I am looking forward to.