Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-23, 01:06 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - February 2023

Hi everyone. Happy February!

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + 20 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - There are lots of workouts on Youtube that show how to use the mini ball. I was surprised how much more challenging barre moves are with the ball. Cathe is selling a 7-inch one but I bought a 9-inch one which is more commonly found on Amazon.

We are freezing today! DH and I went outside and just about froze our faces off .

I hope everyone stays warm.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 01:41 PM  
JBliff

By the way, has everyone seen the STS 2.0 clips Cathe posted? The workouts look tough!
Old 02-01-23, 08:48 PM  
Vantreesta

I finished up my January jump rope challenge yesterday. I did 21 workouts in only 10 days, but they weren't consecutive. But I figured my body could use an easy day today so all I did was day 8 of Yoga with Adriene's Center challenge. It worked out great bc today was Melt so it was gentle and restorative.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 09:29 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I was gonna run after work but gosh it was warm and humid. So I did biceps, triceps, and shoulders with my Cathe band. Monday night at Burn we did back and chest thoroughly.

Vannie I am impressed with your 21 jump rope workouts in 10 days. Even jumping rope for 30-60 second is tough. Glad you did a gentle workout today.

Jbliff gosh it sounds cold up there! Brrr. 🥶 I heard Boston will be -3 degrees Friday night. Ouch. Thanks for starting us off. I have been afraid to check the STS
video previews. 😳 But I will!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 09:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Karen. By the end it was up to almost 3 minutes of continuous jumping. The last workout added another jump type after each rope change break and the jump intervals got longer. So it was like basic jump, rest, basic jump, scissor jump, rest, basic jump, scissor jump, boxer step, rest and so on. They have a 12 day one that is still free but I'm unsure about starting it bc it was a December challenge that says free till Dec 31, so they could lock it down at any time. Trying to decide how bummed I will be if they do and I can't finish it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 11:01 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + 20 minute of yoga and abs.

Waves to everyone.
Old 02-03-23, 06:36 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I’m resting today. Last night went to Burn for Core and Cardio. In this class it is mostly core but the cardio is good and usually pretty intense. I really like it and can tell a difference in my core.

It is going to be cold here too tonight but nothing like you guys will have. I think it will get down to 37. I was wrong about Boston—the wind chill is going to be 30 to 40 below zero tonight!😳🥶 I do love New England though.

Vannie I am so impressed with 3 minutes of continuous jumping. That is super tough. I bet you have gained endurance.

I’m super tired. I have not slept well all week. I am looking forward to sleeping in a little tomorrow.

Jbliff is your sleep going better these days?
Old 02-04-23, 07:21 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a full body metcon workout + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- Funny you asked about my sleeping. I got up at 3:30 a.m. two days ago and this morning I woke up at 2:30 a.m. I can't figure out why it's so hard to get at least 6 hours of sleep. I sometimes go for 4-5 nights sleeping fine and then have insomnia the next 2-3 nights.

Our lows were in the teens last night, but today is the last cold day for us. We will be warming up to the 60s by mid next week. Crazy weather.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 02-04-23, 08:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I went to Burn for Total Body Strength this am. It’s usually weights only but today
there was a good bit of cardio thrown in, including Burpees and squat jumps. And Vannie, we also jumped rope! Maybe I was channeling you Vannie but jumping rope seemed easier than normal. 🥰.

Jbliff glad you are warming up tomorrow. Boston had a 35 below wind chill last night and the wind chill at Mt Washington in New Hampshire was -108.🥶🥶
Old 02-05-23, 06:56 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 45 minute walk this am and 2 mile run with a couple short walk breaks this afternoon. Happy Sunday Eve!

Tags
jump rope