Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-02-23, 04:36 PM  
Helen

Friday morning a work:

I missed last night as well - no STS scheduled, but Shock Cardio - MMA Boxing was up.

Why? When I got home at 4pm, it was 99F, and stayed hot/humid all night.
But today is MUCH cooler (and drier!) so I'll get THAT done as soon as I get home, THEN take the dog out, and get to STS - Leg day at my usual 7:30 time-slot.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 07:01 PM  
rhbrand

I managed half of the leg workout from week 1. I grabbed the wrong one oopsie.

I just couldn't make myself do more than half. I've been a down right moron staying up WAAAAAYYYYY late for the last 3 nights in a row reading, like between 2am and 3am and I'm tired.
Both girls have colds, the 1year old wasn't bad and she napped for almost 3 hours today, but the 3 year old is clingy.

I'm just tired. It's hubby's bowling night, and I think I'm going to (gasp) read more, and try to go to bed early. Which will be around 1am.

Yes, I'm a night owl by nature.
Old 02-03-23, 05:28 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Today was Meso 1 Workout 3 Legs. It felt good to match my old weights on most of the exercises. There are some I do without weights. One of the gliding exercises and that sequential lunge kick. Those are awkward enough for me without weights and I still feel them.

I'm a night owl who is trying to convert. It's so easy to stay up reading until the wee hours. I'm working on going to bed earlier. DH has had some odd shifts this week and we are both sleepy and off our routine.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 07:56 PM  
Helen

I'm a night-owl too, but 1am wouldn't be earlier than usual. Typically midnight is my deadline to head down to bed.

Well done both of you! Ahead of me now. Friday - continually became hotter as the day progressed. At home-time (3:30) it was back to 99F. Tough first week back at school. Not school itself, but going BACK after 5 weeks off.

Today, being Saturday, have more time. Top of 81 expected. Need to play a bit of catch-up.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-04-23, 11:42 AM  
rhbrand

Man Helen you are making me want summer to get to Iowa SO BAD.

I'm tired of the cold and I just want to be able to go outside without 3 layers of clothes and coats on.
Old 02-04-23, 02:09 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

I like summer which is good because summer lasts for about 6 months here. But 99 and humid makes it hard to do anything outdoors unless in the early morning. It has been cold here this week with freezing rain which unusual for us. I would not do well living where it is truly cold all winter.

Today is mostly a rest day. I did the first part of an oldie, ABSolutely with Charlene Prickett, roughly 25 minutes. The sun has come out for the first time in a week. I may go for a walk in the woods just for some fresh air and sunshine. Hope you ladies have a nice weekend.
Old 02-04-23, 06:23 PM  
Helen

Well today is going to have to be my catch-up day. Told my gym buddy what today's should have been (erroneously), so I'l be swapping what should have been Sat & Sun.
Spent too long out in the sun with Alice (dog) at the beach in the afternoon & ended up having a nap for 1:20. Woken by buddy calling to see what we'd be doing for the evening, only 30min later. Was so zapped of energy.

Sat-5 was 44min, Cathe - Shock Cardio - Step Moves

On the upside, max yesterday was 81F, & today it's only 79F.
So long as I'm in the CORRECT WEEK, I'm not feeling (too) guilty about playing catch-up.

Where I live, mid-winter might see 40F overnight & just a few days down to 50F. Very mild, on the coast. No frosts.

So today absolutely MUST be:

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-05-23, 12:28 AM  
rhbrand

I was thrilled it got up to 50F here in Iowa today.

Been way below freezing, crap a couple days, below zero. Its got me having spring fever BIG TIME.

I did nothing today LOL. Finished a book I was reading sat around, etc.

I think I'm going to try this next week jamming to my own tunes while doing STS. I just do better when I've got slamming music going.
Old 02-06-23, 03:43 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Sunday: 4 hours of Outdoor work. Thinning out limbs and brush with a pole saw while DH ran the chainsaw, then dragging out said limbs and brush into a pile. We are making some walking trails in the woods on our property as part of a larger ongoing conservation project. Hard work but worthwhile. I'm using some of the limbs and brush to build shelter for birds and small mammals.

Today's workout was STS Meso 1 Workout 4 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps + Extended Stretch. Making some progress with the 1.5 concentration curls, as I was able to increase the weight from last week. Still self-assisted at the end but able to do a few more without assistance. It's taken some experimenting but I finally figured out a comfy position for the preacher curls on the ball.

Also did 60 minutes of outdoor work today. I worked on dragging up limbs that we cut yesterday, in order to build shelter for birds and small mammals. We are having a few days of sunny and 70s and I'm trying to get some work done before it rains. Kind of a false spring since we still have to get through February and part of March. My plants would love living somewhere it doesn't freeze.
Old 02-06-23, 06:54 PM  
Helen

Didn't get leg day done until last night (Mon)

Sunday, caught up on the cardio Shock Cardio - MMA - Boxing
Monday, caught up on leg day STS - M1W1 - 03 Legs (OMIT Bonus Leg Drills)

M1W1 - Legs
It was done late but done. Was pleasantly surprised - no barbell work and all were just a single set then move to another exercise, so the time went by quickly. Given the humidity, I opted NOT to do the "optional" floor/band work at the end. May add it on after getting tonight's Week 2 - Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps done.

Tuesday
STS - M1W2 - 04 Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps
STS - M1W1 - 03 Legs - Bonus Leg Drills Addon

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.