Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-23, 09:45 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Donna, I got short on time today too. We had an internet tech come out and work on our line. I had hoped to walk since it was warm, but it didn't work out.

Diane, nice workouts! Are you streaming Body Electric?

Summer breeze, that's great you were able to get in a walk!

Pat, massage sounds like a wonderful way to end the week.

Maybe tomorrow I can get something worked in.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 06:22 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

What a shock to wake up to find out Lisa Marie Presley passed. She was never the same after her son’s suicide in 2020. Life is so, so fragile. Sigh….

Writing this up now because we’re off to the Berkshires to our favorite bakery, Pixie Boulangerie in Great Barrington, an amazing French/Swiss bakery that uses locally sourced organic ingredients. Pricey but the quality is out of this world! I need these workouts to keep up with the calories LOL!

Yesterday’s PM Workout: Bad Yogi Neck, Back and Shoulder Flexibility

Today’s Workout:
  • Recumbent bike interval workout – cardio then lower body exercises
  • Quick stretch.

Beth: I’m on the last few months of streaming Body Electric. I don’t know if it’s my WiFi or the service but it’s always so, so choppy. I won’t be renewing as I have a ton of BE DVDs, which I will never give up! Most of her older workouts are simple yet effective.

Summer Breeze: Good for you getting your walk in. It’s rainy and crappy here today unfortunately. I love my naps, especially a coffee nap. I like having my early afternoon cup with some biscuits (British Hob Nobs or Digestives – vegetarian and not sweet) then nod off for a half hour. I wake up refreshed!

Waves to Donna & Pat – see you later!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 09:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday at lunch I did Ellen's Cardio Barre and then after work a short dog walk and then i tried the first day of Adriene's new yoga program. I enjoyed Adriene's practices, but for whatever reason, I am not drawn to her as I once was. I used to use her stuff regularly back in the day. I think she became more serious and less playful or something...Anyway, I may do more of the program or not...we shall see.

Today, so far:

Lively Ladies - Total Body Strength (from 1/9/23)
Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Release

I'm a bit short on time today! We are doing a quick trip this weekend to visit family - so will probably miss checking in here for a few days. At least it is a 3 day weekend!

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 11:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

Pahla B's Body Shaping - Moderate Weights Day #4

This was another good Pahla workout from a couple years ago I think. It's mild today but kind of wet and crappy. I'm going to my sister's this afternoon so I probably won't walk.

DIANE, oh that bakery sounds divine. I do like the workouts on MR's site but it's so glitchy and problematic and expensive too!
That nap routine of yours is right up my alley.

DONNA, always good workouts for you. Enjoy your long weekend.

Waves to BETH & PAT.

Have a wonderful day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 11:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF!! Yesterday featured:

~ 25 hip cleaners
~ Winsor Pilates Back Workout
~ Kassandra's new 15 Minute Upper Body Yoga Stretch
~ 4,017 steps

The upper body routine was nice and stre-e-e-e-tchy! Has a fun variation on cat and cow.

Diane, I prefer Margaret's older workouts, too. It's high time for me to get her off the shelf! I never followed Lisa Marie but it is a sad situation. I'm still trying to get used to Jeff Beck being gone.

Donna, enjoy your trip!

Summer Breeze, it is kind a cruddy out but I might take a little umbrella stroll at the beach later. I'm leaving work early for a dentist appointment so maybe I can sneak down there. Enjoy your visit!

Beth, your cat is a real beauty.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-23, 08:26 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Diane, yes I agree about the BE shows being very effective! I purchased a couple of seasons, and they look deceptively easy, but I’m almost always sore the next day. Those workouts sneak up on you. The bakery sounds yummy.

Donna, I’m the same way. Sometimes I will revisit someone after they’ve become more successful, and it feels like the magic is a bit gone. Enjoy your weekend!

Summer breeze, another nice workout by Paula!

Pat, I love Windsor Pilates, especially the outer and inner thigh workouts from her.

Another day for me with contractors and nothing done. I think I'm just going to enjoy the weekend and start fresh next week.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-23, 07:07 AM  
dlb

Hi - May I join your check in?

My name is Debbie - been a round for a bit. I dont post tons but check in every day to see what is happening. I figure if I have a regular check in group, I may be more consistent.

Yesterday, I did a 30 minute Peleton ride featuring Duran Duran music - loved it. Also walked in Spain (tread mill) with my fav guy on IFIT - Tommy Rivs.

Not sure what will be on my plate today. Hopefully something...

I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend...
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-23, 10:38 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Another light dusting of snow – I’ll take it! So far I’ve only had to use the snowblower once this year. Fingers crossed that’s it, although, sadly, that’s a tell tale sign of climate change. Sigh….

Easy workout day as I’m doing some cooking and cleaning.

Today’s Workout:
  • Bad Yogi 10 Day Ab Challenge – Day 5 – TOUGH 10 minutes!
  • Pushups
  • Yoga with Joelle Hips and Low Back

Donna: Good workouts as always – I hope you’re enjoying your weekend away!

Summer Breeze: This bakery never disappoints and there’s always something new! On top of our regular items, they now had a Japanese Milk Bread. Delish! My husband will be eating this as his main bread because he cracked his temporary crown on a crusty baguette. This man – he’s always breaking his glasses or something! In Spanish we have a word for someone who is like a bull in a china shop – BRUTO – which is what I call him!

Pat: I’m going to try Kassandra’s new one. It’s sounds wonderful! These days I’m more about stretchy and less about the power yoga. Jeff Beck – I never saw him in concert (one of the rare few that I have never seen live) but he was an amazing guitarist. I’m always so sad when these musicians leave us – I will be in a full-on depression when Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant move on. These are my guys and I was lucky enough to see Led Zep many times in the 70s. I was a kid but my mom worked with a woman, in her 20s, who was also a big fan and I went to Zep concerts with her. I am eternally grateful to my parents for allowing me! Margaret’s older workouts are the best!!!

Beth: Margaret always makes me sore but the beauty of her workouts is we can tailor them to how we feel on that day. Go heavy, go light – simple yet so effective! Enjoy the weekend – the workouts will be waiting for you!

Debbie: Welcome!!!!! Absolutely join us! I don’t do Margaret Richards exclusively but this is a nice, warm and welcoming group! Do what makes you feel good! I almost bought a Peloton but then opted for a Sole spin bike instead as we have a Sole treadmill which we love! I do love the Peloton app – their classes are always high energy and fun! Tommy Rivs!!!!! Love, love, love him! What an inspiration he and his wife, Steph, are! So welcome another Tommy Rivs fan! He makes me want to run marathons and more!!!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Diane
Old 01-15-23, 07:16 AM  
dlb

[QUOTE=amoodygirl;2987961]Good morning!

sadly, that’s a tell tale sign of climate change. Sigh…. 100%agree

[ I will be in a full-on depression when Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant move on. These are my guys Agree we most be in the same age group

Debbie: Welcome!!!!! Absolutely join us! Thank you

Happy Sunday - Yesterday I ended up worKing out with Ellen Barrett - one of her 45 min class she posted for her week. I havent "used" her for awhile - it felt great.

One of my bike clips slipped & I didnt want to turn on the lights to fix as the lights would have encouraged my dogs to wake up & go out. I usually work out early to get it over.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-23, 09:16 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Today’s workout:
  • Cardio/Weight Intervals using my Spin Bike and Gymbox Program – upper body
  • 20 minute Bad Yogi Relaxing flow

Debbie: I never clicked with Ellen Barrett but that was a long time ago. Maybe it’s time to revisit!

Yes, I am 65 so these musicians are my tribe! My first concert was The Beatles at Shea Stadium. I was all of 6 years old – dad was FDNY and Shea was his territory so he got 4 tickets. All I remember is my father trying to get the screaming girls in front of us to sit down – he was swatting them with his newspaper and yelling, “Sit down and shut up! My kids can’t see anything!” Ahhhh…. The good old days. That’s funny that you didn’t want to wake the dogs but, as an animal person, once they’re up, that’s it! I’m a morning workout person – always have been. When I used to teach fitness in San Diego, I always enjoyed the 6 am classes. My husband is the complete opposite! I’m wide awake at 5 and he’s barely human at 8am!

Waves to all! See everyone tomorrow!

Diane