Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-25-23, 02:30 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi there!

I sound like a broken record but snow, snow, and more snow. It's snowing right now and we're supposed to get quite a bit later next week. I will refrain from whining!

Anyway, today's workout:
  • Spin bike - 40 minute
  • Pushups
  • Bad Yogi Full Body Slow practice

Debbie: I am totally confused by the iFit app. The scheduling thing? Not sure how or why I have to schedule my workout. Am I missing something? And, yes, I love my yoga room. It's so peaceful! A great place to escape with a book or put headphones on and watch some British tv! Yoga and meditation are the least of it!

Beth: We moved little by little from CT to NY by moving things into a storage unit near our house. Still, it was so much work that I told DH I'm getting rid of everything and starting fresh on the next move. It's exhausting but once you're in and everything's done, what a feeling! MR's musculature was so, so impressive! She's still in great shape and must be in or nearing her 70s. Heel drops for bone building? That's an easy and doable exercise - I will definitely add those to my repertoire!

Summer Breeze: My back is feeling back to normal. I hadn't thought of it until writing this so that's a good thing! It's about 17 degrees here today. We ran out this morning to go to the bakery for bread. FREEZING! I went out to get the mail - a short walk and I kept thinking frostbite! LOL! The living room is totally changed by the new rug! We're almost 4 weeks out from ordering the furniture so hopefully it will be closer to 8 weeks than 12 weeks for delivery. I'm loving it right now!

Waves to Donna & Pat! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 11:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

Lift with Cee 20 Minute Workoute #24

Another good one by Cee. I think I do need heavier weight when I do her workouts though. That's another reason why MR works for me too. I get a good workout with relatively lighter weights. I do miss my outdoor walks so I'm hoping to get out there today.
I've been having some weight creep on this winter which is of course due to overeating and poor food choices but I feel like daily brisk walks help with the weight creep too.

DIANE, glad to hear the back has improved. Nice workouts. Sorry about all that snow. It's just so hard to believe we're missing it this year. We usually get our fair share every winter. I think we're just getting rain from this new storm coming in too. Not that I mind but still I know it's important to have a certain amount of cold and snow.

I did do the heel drops yesterday. Easy enough to add them in for sure.

Waves to all!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 06:57 AM  
dlb

Good morning
I cant believe the weekend has passed.
We have a day of rain happening right now - even thunder.
I was going to go into the office but the rain is suppose to be a downpour until late morning - No thanks.

Workouts were walks in Spain to finish the series with "T". I got a pedi/mani saturday. I get pedi's often but not mani's. From late spring thru fall, my hands are in dirt - for me, why bother.

I hope everyone is well.

Debbie
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 07:12 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning! A quick posting. I’m having trouble signing in from my desktop for some reason. It looks like malware has taken hold of VF - it’s redirecting me to another site. Is anyone else having trouble?

It’s impossible to write my check-in on my iPad or iPhone.

Diane
Old 02-27-23, 09:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We were away for the weekend - I'm hoping that it provides me with some sort of re-set or something, the last two weeks were just sort of odd and blah.

Anyway...I did take an extra day off from work today which is nice. My workouts since my last check in:

Friday Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2

Saturday - Nothing but some walking

Sunday - Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Standing Strength - this was one of her more recent videos. I did enjoy it and I find I enjoy Senior Shape when I'm in the mood for something that is calm, slow and controlled.

Monday - so far --- CS 1407 and Jessica Valent - A little bit of everything - which is kind of just what it says, there was some floorwork for lower body, some ab work some work with weights, some mobility, etc.

Summer Breeze - I know i need to up my "steps" - I'm just too sedentary, particularly on work days - and I think the extra activity, daily walks, etc. do help w/ weight control as well as other things - general health, mental health, etc. I am thinking about digging up my step counter and aiming for 5k-7K steps a day. I know that sounds like nothing to some people, but I do have to spend a large part of my day sitting in front of a computer, and I have to be realistic, so if I set that as my daily goal I feel it is do-able without forcing me to go insane trying to rack up a certain number of steps. I have also read/heard that there is no magic to 10K steps, and that benefits are seen with 4K. I also saw one study that said that you hit diminishing returns after 7.5K. My goal is just to be more active outside of formal workout time. I also do need to work on my eating, etc. as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 10:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

50 minute outdoor walk

Ahh that felt good. Hoping for another walk today before the snow comes in. Yes, you read that correctly. I opened my big mouth yesterday about no snow this winter and now a storm is coming in tonight. LOL. Hopefully it's not too bad.

DONNA, I hope your weekend away was relaxing and it re-sets you. You managed some nice workouts too. Yes I think a goal of some steps each day may encourage you to move a little more. I agree there is no magic number of steps. Just movement throughout the day is beneficial. Enjoy your day off.

DIANE, no problems with VF here. Hope it resolves for you soon.

DEBBIE, I'm not a mani girl either. I'm always messing it up just doing things around the house. I love an occasional pedi though.

Waves to PAT & BETH.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 02:59 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, happy Moan Day! Sorry to be MIA again, roll eyes. Here's what I've been up to:

Friday:
~ Jessica Valant 10 Minute Walking Workout
~ Bellyfit Release & Reset
~ Home PT
~ 7,159 steps

Saturday: rest day and 4,727 steps

Sunday:
~ GYM for 20 recumbent, 10 treadmill, some weight machines
~ Some home PT, mostly the stretches and standing stuff
~ 6,021 steps

I really enjoyed the Bellyfit Youtube offering. I added the link in case anyone is interested in trying out Bellyfit. This one wasn't too hippy or fast.

Summer Breeze, good luck with the snow. We have so many conflicting reports - it could be a mix of rain and sleet on the coast, or we could get 8 to 10". The one sure thing is that it's C-O-L-D!

Donna, I'm glad you got to get away for the weekend. I hope you had a good time. I think getting 5K to 7K steps on work days is a very good goal and that does sound like a good amount of steps to me.

Diane, I haven't had any VF problems but haven't checked in a few days. Are you getting another storm, too?

Debbie, thunder in February is crazy! We had that a few weeks ago.

Hello to anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 04:30 PM  
amoodygirl

I’m back. As computer savvy as I “like” to think I am, I’m not!

It started this morning with VF. I would go to VF and it would immediately redirect me to another page. No other site was affected so I thought that VF was hacked or dealing with malware. Then it began happening to every site I clicked on so I knew it wasn’t VF. DH was a computer engineer so when he got up I showed him what was going on. Apparently it was our desktop, on my side (we use Firefox and each have a “side”) and DH immediately saw that it was some extension that was messing with our desktop. He fixed it and I’m good to go.

Didn’t get any workouts in today as I cooked this morning and had a ton of errands to run before the storm. We’re getting somewhere between five and ten inches

I will be back tomorrow! I’m glad it wasn’t VF and ours was an easy fix!

Diane
Old 02-28-23, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning from snowy CT. It wasn't too bad where I live. I have a snow day and am relaxing with a new Kindle download for now. I opened the door to toss peanuts to my friends and saw that it's starting to melt already.

Yesterday my PT saw I'm getting a little better with the present exercises and added two more that I could hardly do and couldn't finish. I was too sore to do anything afterward and caught up on three Call the Midwife episodes. I'll try to do something more fitness minded today and will probably help DH shovel just a little, at least clean off the car and do the steps and walkway.

Diane, I'm so glad you can post again and that it's not VF. I always panic when there's an issue here!

Good morning to all our Lively Ladies (borrowing from one of Donna's favorite teachers)! Stay safe and warm if you are in the snow zone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 10:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi everyone,

Last night I did PM Yoga for Weight Loss w/ Suzanne Deason - as I learned on the GD thread, she passed away earlier this month - she was only 68. It does make you stop and think. Back when she filmed these workouts she was younger than I am now.

Anyway, that sent me down a rabbit hole of Gaiam workouts that I own and today I did:

Tanja Djelevic - Cardio Burn Sculpt - I haven't done this one in years. It is filmed outdoors in Utah. And it includes a bit of everything, some cardio/toning - mainly for legs/lower body, some standing strength workout for upper body and balance, then some floor work for upper body/core. The standing upper body was not demonstrated with weights, but i picked up some 5's. The floorwork was push-ups, planks, etc. And Pilates style ab work. This was probably a workout that, back in the day, I felt was too easy or not "enough" but it worked well for me today. There is a full length (50 min) and Express Workout on this DVD (30 min).

It was nice to re-visit. I think for the next couple of days or weeks I'll focus on my Gaiam DVDs.

I'm actually quite burned out on You Tube. It seems like everyone is putting out the same workouts these days on You Tube and I'm losing interest (mainly the no-talking, no cuing variety). Sometimes I do like to zone out and not listen to a bunch of chatter and just enjoy the music, but I feel You Tube is just over saturated with anyone and everyone putting out workouts w/ no cues/talking.

Anyway...that is my rant for today.

Our contractor is starting our 3rd bathroom on Thursday so my house will be chaos for about a week. So probably a good time to bring out some nice scenery from Gaiam.

I'm also just feeling - off - like "unsettled" - nothing is wrong, nothing is happening - just normal life stuff - I'm wondering if it is my spring allergies and anxiety kicking in. I do find that in the spring I feel very anxious and have trouble sleeping and winding down. I just have a sense of un-ease.

Maybe I should focus on yoga.

Pat - I'm jealous of a snow day - I don't necessarily want snow though - but those surprise days off are nice. I don't know if we will get them any more now that so many people WFH.

Diane - glad your computer is fixed. I have a love/hate relationship with tech. I actually do enjoy solving problems with it - but I hate when I run out of "fixes" and ideas for fixes and I just want the thing to work.

Summer Breeze - did you get a lot of snow?

Waves, Beth!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote