Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-07-23, 10:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my dog, but it was't as nice as I had hoped, a bit damp and windy. But, still better than the freezing temps of the weekend. I also did Ellen's new Gentle Sculpt after work. Nothing exceptional to report on Ellen's but it was a nice routine. She looked very radiant in it.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walk a 5K the Fun Way -steady walk plus warm-up and cool down. I wanted to try this one out again since there has been a revival of the discussion on this series on VF. I enjoyed the workout, towards the end I started to get antsy about wondering when it would be over (it is 50 min, so a longer workout). But, it was nice to see the beach and the sun and some of the music she chose has vocals so that was nice too.

Later today a dog walk and probably a stretch or Pilates.

Diane - I can see how a standing appointment at noon would definitely block the ability to get things done. I really need a good long week off to do some decluttering around here. The weekends are just not enough time.

Pat - your recovery sounds promising.

Debbie - Ugh - going in to the office.

Summer Breeze - nice job w/ your walks - it was chillier yesterday than i expected

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-23, 04:17 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Another dreary day in paradise. I jokingly say that because in many ways it is paradise - good neighbors, quiet neighborhood, we built the house at the right time and got a lot of comps from the builder. I need to be grateful for these things. I find I can complain about the stupidest things and forget the big picture.

Monday Afternoon: Adrienne Reed Power Yoga “Wide Angles” practice - this one had me sore this morning but in a good way.

Today’s Workout:
Debbie: No worries – life gets in the way for sure! Glad you were able to get a couple of rides in on Sunday!

Pat: Despite your hip trouble, you’re still able to find a way to get a good number of steps! I hope the steroid injection works. Any chance you need a hip replacement? DH’s best friend had both knees and hips replaced before he reached 50 or 55! Talk about worn out machinery… Happy that your niece had a successful workshop! If I lived closer, I would definitely check her classes out!

Summer Breeze: It’s been super windy up here – I just saw someone’s empty Amazon box fly down my sidewalk! Thank you on the sofa and loveseat – we’re so excited as we don’t purchase furniture too often. I also ordered a new area rug that will go under the set. I have more moments of NOT getting things in order. Look inside one of my closets and it’s like “is she nuts?” Reminds of a Friends episode where Chandler finds Monica’s locked closet filled top to bottom with all kinds of stuff! That could be me!

Donna: Good workouts and always varied! I need a dog to walk. It’s just that when it’s in the single digits or lower, I say no freaking way do I want to go out there to walk a dog! We were looking at the western states (warmer climates) and, sadly, California, NM, AZ, UT and NV all have major water issues. No water, wildfires – not a good fit when one is of a certain age! So, we’re staying put for now which means if we’re going to adopt a puppy, it should be sooner rather than later. Aging is such a weird thing! Sorry to go off on a tangent!

Waves to Beth! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-23, 08:55 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone! It looks like you all are also tired of the dreary weather and ready for Spring!

We are all pulling long hours at work, and I'm trying hard to get in my workouts. I had stopped the Firm Maximum Shaping workout around 30ish minutes and remembered how terrible I am with their dance choreography! Oh well, I'll pull in MR this week at some point.

Last night I did Hamelin Inch Loss Course 6.7, https://vimeo.com/345547175, and was able to keep up fairly well. Those workouts do burn a lot of calories. It must be the intermittent cardio portions.

I'm going to try to finish up tonight with a toning workout but I may just go to bed.

Pat, I hope your hip feels better soon.

Diane, oh yes, I remember Rachel McLish! She co-wrote a book with Joyce Vedral. I'll have to check that video out.

Summer breeze, awesome about your walking. I haven't been out in weeks.

Debbie, you sound super busy like me.

Donna, nice workouts. I think it helps too when you have to walk the dog.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-23, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get anything else in yesterday, last night i ended up going out to dinner w/ some of my co-workers from my old department. It was good - but a lot of food!

Today, I went with one of Jessica's from You Tube:

Total Body Resistance Training - Jump Start Sculpting Routine - I think this was from January, 2022. And, i really enjoyed it. It is slower strength training, more functional and similar to her Strong & Centered workouts. Even though it was 40 min it seemed to go fast for me.

The sun it out today so I'll probably get out to walk later.

Diane - I think that Rachel McLish workout was one of the first ones I ever purchased for weight training. I had it on VHS! It stands the test of time, I think.

Beth - ugh, those long work hours.....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-08-23, 10:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

42 minute outdoor walk

That seems to be my sweet spot lately. Once it warms up a little I'm hoping for longer walks even though it really isn't all that cold this winter except for a couple of arctic blasts here and there. Probably another walk today while the weather is decent.

DONNA, always good workouts. I always forget about Jessica's youtube workouts.
I should explore them one of these days.

DIANE, wow that Rachel McLish workout was over an hour. Good for you. My DD and I cleaned out the front closet a couple of months ago. We filled up over 10 bags with old coats, shoes and clothes! From only 1 closet! There were things in there from 30 years ago!! Why? lol

BETH, I give you credit fitting in any workouts with your long work days. That's tough.

Waves to PAT & DEBBIE.

Have a great day.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-23, 11:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Still nothing to report, yesterday was my last day of rest and I plan to get more activity today. I fell off my yoga sadhana - continued meditating daily but I had planned on exploring more physical practices. Oh well! No biggie. I'm very happy to be back at my favorite PT. She encouraged me to consider pool therapy once a week. IDK, I don't even have a bathing suit and my cootie tolerance is always on high alert since the pandemic.

Summer Breeze, LOL about your coat closet cleanout. It's amazing what we find in there. A few years ago my closet flooded during a ceiling leak in a storm and you wouldn't believe all the 1980s shoulder pads law firm suits I had to throw out. Don't know how they fit in there, especially considering the shoulders.

Donna, I enjoyed my first Improved Health workout, a 15 minute walk. It flew by, music was enjoyable and I got some good steps from it. Nice find, thanks for reporting on that channel.

Diane, it's always good to reflect on our gratitudes. I try to do it every day. How cool about the Rachel McLish workout! I was a big fan back in the day. That is a really strong day of working out, I'm impressed. The PA told me I have years of mileage on this hip - it's all soft tissue/connective tissue issues.

Beth, I hope you get a break at work. Good morning to Debbie and anyone who pops in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-23, 04:28 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there!

Well, today was a bust in a sense. We went to Great Barrington to our French bakery to pick up some bread, etc. as well as a bread and some Matcha Amaretti cookies for Angel's dad. Got home, we watched a Dateline that recorded last night then I decided to cook tonight's Hello Fresh - healthy crunchwraps, similar to ones that I believe Taco Bell sells but much healthier. Finished hanging pictures in my yoga/meditation room. DH has to be exact so out comes the tape measure, pencils, etc. I'm so happy with it!

Beth - if you're tired, go to bed. I slept 9 hours last night and DH was up before me! I opened my eyes, saw the light on in the living room and jumped out of bed! He thought it was hilarious because he is never up before me! The Rachel workout was definitely a keeper. I ended up downloading it from youtube in case it disappears!

Donna - yes, Rachel's workout does stand the test of time, as does Margaret's workouts. Simple yet effective. It doesn't have to be complicated to get the job done! Hope you get your walk in - still a bit chilly here but, fingers crossed, winter is waning!

Summer Breeze - LOL! Sounds like some of my own closets! I'm getting there, slowly but surely. One would never suspect I was such a hoarder based on my house but those closets..... The good thing about these workouts is if one is short on time or just restarting, it can be cut down to one or two sets instead of the entire workout.

Pat - I'm glad your hip has many more good years of service! I never take any surgery lightly. I'm so hoping we can get to a ripe old age and never have to replace anything. Keep resting and hope the PT helps more and more each day.

Hi to Debbie! I hope everyone had a great day!

Diane
Old 02-08-23, 08:07 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I’m going to wrap up my day with the remainder of a 90-minute Hamelin Inch Loss 17.1. This is a long… and I do mean a long workout. I started breaking it up during the day and did the 30-minute cardio portion over lunch. What I like about his cardio compared to The Firm and others is it’s fairly simple to follow along. There are a few fun little dancy moves in there, and he uses his arms and little kicks, grapevine anyone?, and one time I swear he looked like he was breaking into a Highland jig. I kept up pretty well and must thank The Firm for that, Lol.

Donna, going out with friends and having fun is a wonderful break during the week. I hope you had a good time.

Summer breeze, awesome again about your outdoor walks, and for cleaning out the closets! My DH also has a closet full of things from when we were dating. Not only do they not fit, but they are also sadly out of style. He is convinced they will come back in style.

Pat, pool therapy sounds heavenly. That’s something I would enjoy very much.

Diane, that’s awesome you have your own workout/meditation room. I agree about Rachel’s workout as well, and now I need to download it too. I always forget these things are taken down for whatever reason.

Waves to Debbie!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-23, 10:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Yesterday I got a nice dog walk in at lunch - it was almost spring-like.

Today, so far:

Jessica - Feel Good Fusion - Cardio workout - I can't believe this is from 2018. Time is flying. This had a lovely outdoor setting.

I am keeping myself busy with Jessica by loosely following her playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5k_owjNxBPGg1h

But for today I didn't want to do the gliding workout, so I substituted another fusion style workout. Gliding is hit or miss with me. I have to be in the mood for it.

When I wrap this up I think I will do her Walk Strong 1.0 Phase 2 rotation. I always found Jessica's rotations pretty easy to follow b/c she offers a lot of variety.

Summer Breeze - I do have clothes from before my DD was born and from when she was a baby - I need to get rid of them. I don't know why I have them. I don't wear them. She is going to be 20 this year - if I haven't worn it in 20 years....probably time to go.

Pat - I had to LOL about the shoulder pad outfits from the '80's. I don't think I have anythng w/ shoulder pads, but we shall see. My closet would be a lot better if I tossed out some stuff.

Diane - how is Hello Fresh going? I assume you still have to grocery shop for other necessities, right? How many meals per week are you getting? I have been considering something like that since both DH and I hate grocery shopping....and cooking is hit or miss - have to be in the mood for it.

Waves Beth! 90 minutes is a long workout. I generally like 30-45 min at one go and then I'll add something in - a walk, a stretch, etc. later in the day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-09-23, 11:11 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Back on the workout wagon! This morning:
  • Treadmill Run
  • Pushups
  • Body Electric Biceps and Abs
  • Fightmaster Yoga for Sciatica – a fave!

Beth: Good way to finish a workout by breaking it up. I frequently do that, either because I’m bored by long-ish workouts or I’m in a rush. When you said Highland jig, it reminded me that I’m now on Season 7 of Shetland, based and filmed on Shetland Island. I’m obsessed and told my husband we have to go! Never been to Scotland and since Shetland is closer to Norway than Scotland, the Northern Lights are visible there – that’s what sold me! If there’s a workout that resonates with you on YouTube, definitely download it. I use the 4k Download program – easy and pretty quick.

Donna: Sadly, Jessica and I do not click. So many people love her and I keep thinking what’s wrong with me? Hello Fresh is going very well! Last night I made their crunchwraps – a healthy version, very different than the Taco Bell version but just as good. We do have to grocery shop for other things, as well as groceries for the non-Hello Fresh nights. We’re getting 3 meals a week and chose the vegetarian menu. I’m with you – I hate grocery shopping but DH loves it yet he won’t go without me. Sigh…. I’m usually 3 aisles away and lose him as he likes looking at EVERYTHING! Drives me nuts!

Waves to Summer Breeze, Pat and Debbie! Hope everyone is having a great day.

Diane