Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-23, 12:46 AM  
Leonana

No workouts on Saturday, just cleaning house. Today I did:

Lift With Cee 20 Minute Standing Workout. This one felt a bit fast for a heavier weight workout. I used 8 pounds. But I like her 20 Minute workouts. I stopped doing them because I felt worn out on workdays. I think I will try some more as I like her moves. After I did this one, I noticed she had posted two beginner 30 minute workouts. I’ll have to try those on a day off.

The yes2next 10 Minute Strength Workout. I just love the instructor and her 80 year old mother. This was very beginner senior workout, and moves slow, so you can up your weights.

Finished with yes2next Beginner HIIT Workout. I did speed this one up, to get my heart rate up.

It got colder here again, after having temps in the 70’s Thursday and Friday. It’s raining a bit and in the 50’s. I love the warmer weather, but boy my allergies go crazy after all this rain this winter.

Dd came over this evening for dinner. She usually comes every Sunday. Then afterwards we watch The Great British Baking Show. She started her two college classes, Psychology and Public Speaking. I asked her, how do you do public speaking online? She said that you send in videos of yourself doing the speech.
Old 01-16-23, 03:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Saturday, I did another iFIT TM workout in France and then Sunday I did one in Istanbul, Turkey inside a mosque learning about ancient history and the Muslim religion.

Today began Lee Holden's 5 Day online challenge. After signing up through his Qi Gong Facebook page, you're sent links to each daily workout which are each twenty minutes. I did both today's and the Pre-Challenge workout he provided a link to yesterday. Along with this challenge you have access to his other online workouts until January 27th, which is great! They are all pre-recorded/filmed and new material not on his DVDs, though he does some of the same exercises, of course.

Saturday and Sunday we played some light board and card games. Today we're going to play a new game about "Ugly Christmas Sweaters."

Sherry, I like Cheryl's workouts very much. I should get back to those at some point.

Donna, hope you has some nice time away and a bit of a breather from work!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!!!

Oh yeah, it's cold here. We got a bit of snow this AM, but now it's mostly rain.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 11:55 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica’s Mobility Workout on You Tube, Mind Body Muscle Connect. She works the little muscles that aren’t usually exercised like the big muscles. This helps to make strength workouts more effective with less injury.

I had today off and just relaxed most of the day. It was nice!

Pam, you travel the world with iFIT!
Old 01-17-23, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up after the long weekend....

Saturday - Rest day

Sunday -

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - New Year Workout (12 min cardio, 12 min weights, some arm and ab work on the floor);

Blessful Body - 8 Min routine (I signed up for her site again, it was $1 for 21 days, I will probably cancel before I get charged full price which is $24/month which is a bit high!)

Monday -

Be Healthy Enough - 3-2-1 Strength Cardio and Core - this was done as 3 strength exercises, 2 cardio exercises, and 1 standing core exercise done in a circuit. I haven't done many of the workouts from this site, but it is funny b/c I think I did THIS one before. What are the chances of picking one you have already done? She reduced the price of her membership to $19/month, but I got a special discount, I went to cancel and she offered me a half price month so I kept it for one more month. I like her stuff, but it isn't anything special and there are similar workouts on You Tube. She is for the Over 50 crowd so she focuses more on low impact - and doing things that help w/ aging like weight training, balance work, etc.

Blessful Body - Hip Strength & Mobility

Tuesday -

Be Healthy Enough - 40 Min Tabata Style Cardio - this was low impact, she did a series of 4 exercises, I think done for 20 seconds each in 4 circuits. Something like that. There was a lot of repetition, but b/c you only did any one thing for 20 seconds it didn't seem repetitious, if that makes sense. The time did fly and everything was low impact and joint friendly

Blessful Body - Peaceful Stretch

I did sign up for another 21 day Pilates challenge with Emma from ePilates. I may do Day # 1 later today after a dog walk.

I'm in a bit of a workout slump/phase where nothing is really appealing to me right now - kinda bored with what I have been doing but having a hard time figuring out what to do.

Hope everyone is doing well. I took today off as an extra day to decompress and recover from travel.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 05:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

We had a real nice hike today with our group of ladies. The trails were muddy and some snow in places. Many of us wore cleats to keep from slipping on some of the icier parts. Tomorrow a dozen of us are going to see the new Tom Hanks "Otto" movie on senior day. I hear it's a bit of a tear jerker.

I still have to do Lee's Qi Gong for today's challenge, but I'm . I watched a number of his YouTube interviews and lectures last night while sitting up in bed. I do Qi Gong for the relaxation and gentle movement and not for all the "woo" mystical aspects. So, I pretty much ignore some of his talk during the practice about the energy forces and pathways and inner light, etc. So New Age.

Have a good remainder of your evening all!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-18-23, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see...yesterday I got a dog walk in and then did Day # 1 of ePilates 21 day challenge. It was an ok Pilates routine, nothing special. I just enjoy sampling the free challenges to see if there is anything out there that I'm missing. Which reminds me, I signed up for Lee Holden's challenge and need to start it.

Today, so far:

Karen Voight - Ballet Sculpt - nothing on the streaming platforms grabbed me today so I went into the DVD collection. This was a good one, I think I'm going to feel it later. Abs, butt, hamstrings, especially. Doing this one also highlighted that I need to work on my flexibility some more!

Will get a walk in later, the weather looks good.

Pam - glad you got a nice hike in! I have to get started on Lee's challenge.

Donna
Old 01-18-23, 10:25 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a rest day for workouts. Did my usual walking at work.

Today was Improved Health Strength Training Day 23. It was abs, balance and arms. Some leg work too.

Donna, I’ve been in a workout slump too. Hard to find something I want to do. Probably because I’m tired after work.

Pam, I hope you enjoyed the movie. I read the book and loved it. I hope Tom Hanks can do a good job playing Otto.
Old 01-19-23, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night i did Day # 1 of Lee Holden's challenge. I don't think I have the patience for Qi Gong, honestly. I like the little bits of inspiration from that discipline in Classical Stretch/Essentrics, but I don't think I would be consistent with a regular Qi Gong practice - although maybe my impatience with it is a sign I need it, LOL! I do like his 7 Min of Magic DVD though. It is just long enough 7 min or 14 min if you do the slower practice.

I also did take my dog for a walk for "lunch".

Today, so far - I'm finding myself on a Karen Voight kick....

- Quick & Slim Cardio - this is a typical KV cardio workout - it has an elegant feel to it while you do some kickboxing and athletic inspired cardio

- Full Body Stretch - slow stretch section. This is filmed at a ranch in Montana and is worth it for the scenery alone.

I checked out KV's website, she is 68 I believe and looks amazing. She offers live classes and downloads at the cost of $12 - $15 per class. One day I may try one.

It looks dreary today so probably no outdoor walk. Will try for some other activity throughout the day though.

Pam - I hope you enjoy the movie!

Sherry - maybe focus on strength and stretching since you get plenty of moving /walking at your job?

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 01-19-23, 11:03 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday's Tom Hanks movie was very good. You go through all the "feels" and sometimes it's happy, sad, funny, etc. All the actors were great. Tom's son plays the younger Otto and he was great, too! Rita Wilson was involved in the movie, behind the scenes.

Yesterday, I also continued on with Day 3 of Lee's Qi Gong online challenge and did his intro to Qi Gong practice, as well. Donna, you might like Lee's 30 Day Challenge DVD, as those practices are only 7 minutes, too! But, if you've moved on to streaming....maybe not. There are days (or times in my life) when I don't have the concentration for that kind of thing and it's just the slow movements. Not all days do you have that kind of attention when you would especially prefer to get a "real" workout in.

I skipped the hike I normally attend on Thursdays. I just wasn't feeling like braving the cold temps...and we're going out to a Poe event this evening in Fall River. It's Poe's birthday today (the 19th) and we're doing something on Friday, also!

Sherry, I love my travels to new world places on my treadmill. It makes it worth the effort and very rewarding.

Current Rotation:
Old 01-20-23, 10:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm on Day # 3 of my Karen Voight kick and I'm enjoying re-visiting these videos.

Today was:

KV - Core Essentials (which I think is now called Core Fusion). I think this one is pre-2000 it may be from the late 1990's. I didn't think to check. It starts with some body weight squats and lunges and then goes on to a tough floorwork segment for lower body, upper body, and abs. Karen looks fantastic in this one and I think if her website doesn't lie she still looks fantastic at 67-68 years old. Anyway, this one was tougher than I expected. Back in the day, I probably thought it was for a "light day" but today I was feeling it.

I added on some cardio afterwards, I was going to pick something quick from You Tube -but as I was putting KV away I stumbled across...

Stephanie Huckabee - PowerFit Express - I did the cardio routine, It wasn't very hard - but it got me some extra movement. I feel that w/ all the sitting I do I have to try to get a little cardio in every day.

I hope to walk the dog later and maybe do some CS.

Last night I did CS 1210 which was Day # 1 of the 50's challenge. I'll see how it goes with keeping up with that.

Pam - thanks for that recommendation for Lee's challenges!

I read the book that the Otto movie is based on, I didn't realize it right away, though. I thorougly enjoyed the book!

Donna