Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-16-23, 06:26 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was work cardio and Senior Strength’s newest workout, Standing Strength. It was challenging, using one dumbbell. I like Lauren a lot, but don’t click with her workouts. She combines arm moves in one exercise, like a tricep kickback, a chest move, then an overhead move, one after the other. It’s hard for me to keep up, I’m not that coordinated. I don’t think my form is good, and I don’t get full benefit from all the moves. I don’t mind a few combinations of two moves, but her workouts contain more than I like. However, I haven’t tried all her workouts, maybe some are different.

Work is okay. I haven’t posted much, as too much happens every day! The kids keep me hopping. A couple of days ago, some third graders were burying a boy in the playground sand, he wanted them do it. They had buried him up to his chest! Kids lol.

Today was work cardio and some stretching later.

Pam I laughed when I read Peggy Crappy. She does move at a good pace for me, but I prefer a different format.

Donna, I hope you are caught up. We have Monday off and I’m looking forward to it.
Old 02-17-23, 02:40 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Today has been another of those weird/crazy days. I'm glad it is Friday.

Anyway....

Last night I did CS 1401 - My back/hip was giving me trouble this week and I swear that one episode of CS made it feel better.

Today, so far:

CS 1402 - sticking with what works!

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout for Women Over 50

I enjoyed both of these and realize I should keep both in my life more!

Sherry - I usually just slow down complex/compound moves like that!

Pam - I know, I'm so bad about following rotations.

Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 06:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I got on the TM this morning and my hips were bothering me before I began. Still did the workout, but later added Jessica's Gentle Yoga Hips & Knees workout. Not sure that did the trick, so I might try some CS tonight before bedtime. Thanks for mentioning CS, Donna!

Sherry, my slip with Peggy's last name wasn't intentional, lol! Sometimes my brain doesn't work when I'm typing, haha! She obviously has fans and even trained in India. I'm even struggling right now with Jessica's yoga. Sometimes it's hit or miss for me, too....but it depends on the day.

Also, glad the weekend is here! I might have Saturday all to myself, since DH is going to a revolutionary war reenactment kind of thing. I have to get out to the grocery but after that the world is my oyster!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-23, 09:19 PM  
Leonana

Work cardio for today. I have a scratchy throat, and am probably coming down with a cold. I guess I won’t be doing any workouts for awhile. ( sigh)

Donna, I am so glad it’s Friday!

Pam, enjoy your day off!
Old 02-18-23, 11:47 PM  
Leonana

Well, I was feeling better and decided it was allergies. My friend and I went to Goodwill, then IKEA. Later in the day we went to another Goodwill. I guess we walked about two and a half hours. This evening I did Improved Health’s 15 Strength Exercises for Seniors. This was a well rounded total body workout totaling 20 minutes. I used 8 pounds which made it more challenging.

Now I’m getting more congested and my throat is more scratchy. I’m pretty sure I am coming down with a cold. Crossing my fingers that it’s not too bad.
Old 02-19-23, 08:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Workout report....

Saturday:

- CS 1404
- Gilad Express Workouts - Cardio 1 & 2
- Dog Walk
- Jessica Valent - Neck Friendly Pilates

Sunday, so far:

- CS 1403
- Gilad Express Workouts - Dynamic Moves/Strength and Balance

I'll probably get a dog walk in and maybe something else later

Sherry - sorry you are not feeling well! Ugh.

Pam - I hope you enjoyed your day to yourself!!

Take care!

Donna
Old 02-19-23, 01:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Saturday I did my final Nepal workout and it was wonderful! But, I somehow got messed up logging these and thought I had one more to go, LOL. There was one day I had to get off of my TM early and leave the workout, so I will re-do that one, since I missed the last 15 minutes of the workout. Such a good series with three trainers who have summitted Everest multiple times, with the female lead breaking a world record to be the first to climb without oxygen, which is so dangerous! Saturday evening, I added Jane Adams' Stronger Standing Balance to focus on my feet and hips, after so much time on the TM. I did another from the same DVD but can't remember what it was, LOL.

Today, I just did relaxing workouts. More Jane Adams Balance & Strength (Chair Practice) and one of Jessica's WS 3.0 15 Minute Fix (Total Stretch) which had some awesome hip stretches! So good!

Ready to begin Walk Strong 1.0 tomorrow with Cardio Party! It's been a long time since I've done any floor cardio, I've been on the treadmill for so much of the time! Hope I can hang with the ladies!

Sherry, sorry you're not feeling well. Hope my DH didn't bring any sickness home after being with a bunch of folks on Saturday! I'm taking precautions, just in case!

Current Rotation:
Old 02-20-23, 09:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Thankfully, I have the day off from work today!

So, far I have done:

Improved Health (You Tube) - Interval Workout - 3500 steps. Day # 3 - I pulled it from this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fa42ZHVbLNzXVa

After a longer warm-up steady state section it moved on to 5 rounds of 1 min fast walk/run - 2 min recovery moves. I didn't do a fast walk or run, I grabbed the purple portion of my Fanny Lifter and did basic step moves for 1 minute. That worked well.

This was a no-talking workout which i enjoy sometimes. It is funny I can go either way - I worked out w/ Pahla for years and all she did was talk, LOL!

I followed up with Improved Health - Strength Training 10-15 min per day

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZGaofBQIwjQF6B

I did Day # 4 which was lower body

I started off this month doing this workouts but then I quickly got bored - mainly b/c I started questioning whether they were "enough"- whatever that means.

At the moment, I have concluded that they are "enough" and Jules mentions that the strength series is progressive so, while the first few may be on the easier side for me, it sounds like they will get harder.

It is hard for me to find the right balance and then the right balance mentally, too. Where you aren't feeling like you are doing too little but then not feeling bad b/c you are doing too much.

I finished w/ Yoga w/ Kassandra - 20 min Yin Yoga - this was a nice one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8pMLuvS-E&t=920s

Probably a dog walk and some CS later.

hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Pam - I'm sorry I didn't do Jessica's workout today - I just couldn't face it for some reason. I think I wasn't mentally ready or something. How do you like Jane's Balance & Strength DVD? I have been wanting to get more of her stuff - I just have Beginners and Gentle.

Sherry - I hope you are feeling ok.

Donna
Old 02-20-23, 11:43 AM  
Leonana

No workouts yesterday or today. Still battling the cold. Mostly a scratchy sore throat, hopefully I’ll feel well enough for work tomorrow.

Pam, sending good vibes your way that you don’t get sick.

Donna, I know what you mean. I’m constantly going back and forth on strength workouts.
Old 02-20-23, 12:00 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Cardio Party & Prehab Routine!

Hi Ladies,

I started Jessica's six week rotation today! Donna, TBH I had a little bit of dread today, haha! It's been at least two years (or more) since I probably did that one! I remembered liking it, but have had so many foot issues lately I was like "oh no!" Floor cardio is not usually my thing anymore, but it was fun revisiting this workout. I was sweating about 20 minutes in and feeling ready to quit, but I made it to the end. Yeah, I was watching the countdown timer. I guess it's good to switch things up, so this will be fun!

I also added Jessica's Prehab Routine and liked that. This comes up again on Sunday so I look forward to doing that one again! I've been really into stretching lately. Even did a bunch of CS last night in prep for today's cardio. I did all the work for calves & feet hoping my PF foot would be okay and it wasn't in too much pain.

Well, that was long winded. Sorry about that.

Current Rotation: