Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-25-23, 08:02 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Improved Health - Beginner Strength, Weeks 7 & 8 - 30 minutes;

Pilates Nest - Neck Friendly Gentle Pilates Full Body Workout - 15 minutes

The Beginner Strength Weeks 7 & 8 was a strength only workout. It was the last in an earlier series of strength workouts. I wouldn't say it was easy, but that depends on the weights you are using. I used 4s, 5s, 7s and 8s and it was plenty challenging for me.

I decided to revisit Smriti's workouts some. Although she isn't as good at cueing as Jessica Valant is, I still miss her streaming.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 06:30 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Improved Health - 45 Minute All-in-One Workout - 45 minutes

Whew! I made this one a bit challenging at times - working hard and lifting heavier weights. Good workout - here's the breakdown

5 minute warmup
1 minute balance work
5 minute cardio
5 minute weights
1 minute balance work
5 minute cardio
5 minute weights
1 minute balance
5 minute cardio
5 minute standing ab work/cooldown
7 minute chair stretch

Definitely a keeper ~

Carol
Old 02-27-23, 09:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We were away for the weekend - I'm hoping that it provides me with some sort of re-set or something, the last two weeks were just sort of odd and blah.

Anyway...I did take an extra day off from work today which is nice. My workouts since my last check in:

Friday Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion 2

Saturday - Nothing but some walking

Sunday - Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Standing Strength - this was one of her more recent videos. I did enjoy it and I find I enjoy Senior Shape when I'm in the mood for something that is calm, slow and controlled.

Monday - so far --- CS 1407 and Jessica Valent - A little bit of everything - which is kind of just what it says, there was some floorwork for lower body, some ab work some work with weights, some mobility, etc.

Carol - nice workouts! I have been thinking about re-subscribing to Amy's site. I don't know why, I didn't use it much when I had a subscription. Hopefully the urge will pass as it did with Trifecta Pilates! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 07:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walk - 35 minutes;

Pilates Nest - Pilates for Tight Hips - 15 minutes

There's a story behind this walk - we had winds yesterday that were unbelievable. Our peak wind gust (no thunderstorm involved here) was 79 mph, but we had winds that were steadily in the 40-50 mph range with gusts well into the 60s and 70s for about 8 hours straight. I thought the roof was going to come off. Lots of folks lost power. Trees were down. Stop lights in town were still out this morning which made for a fun commute. Anyway, this afternoon was warm and lovely, very little wind for us, and we wanted to get out of the house, hence the walk. I hate our weather.

Donna - I noticed Amy posted that her recovery from surgery is going well. I think they think they got it all. I am so frustrated right now with Jessica Valant's streaming. Her app is back to just shutting down on my iPad when I open it and when I try to use my phone, it won't stream to my TV. Grrr. I don't know how to fix it.

Carol
Old 02-27-23, 09:16 PM  
donnamp

Your weather is crazy, Carol! I don't know if I could deal with that much wind.

We have had crazy temperature swings lately - 75 on Thursday, 30 on Saturday, but no crazy winds.

I saw from Amy's newsletter that things are going well for her. I'm happy for her that it all looks good.

As for JV - I know she did some upgrades recently. I don't use the app, I just use her website on my laptop - but one "trick" may be to just un-install and then re-install the app - and hopefully that will fix the problem. I do have the app on my phone but I don't use it.

Hang in there. I need a plan for March.

Donna
Old 02-28-23, 07:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yes, Donna, you're right. I just need to drag my laptop into my workout space, use that and skip all the frustration.

The wind - ugh! Not to mention all the dirt that accompanied it.

Carol
Old 02-28-23, 10:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi everyone,

Last night I did PM Yoga for Weight Loss w/ Suzanne Deason - as I learned on the GD thread, she passed away earlier this month - she was only 68. It does make you stop and think. Back when she filmed these workouts she was younger than I am now.

Anyway, that sent me down a rabbit hole of Gaiam workouts that I own and today I did:

Tanja Djelevic - Cardio Burn Sculpt - I haven't done this one in years. It is filmed outdoors in Utah. And it includes a bit of everything, some cardio/toning - mainly for legs/lower body, some standing strength workout for upper body and balance, then some floor work for upper body/core. The standing upper body was not demonstrated with weights, but i picked up some 5's. The floorwork was push-ups, planks, etc. And Pilates style ab work. This was probably a workout that, back in the day, I felt was too easy or not "enough" but it worked well for me today. There is a full length (50 min) and Express Workout on this DVD (30 min).

It was nice to re-visit. I think for the next couple of days or weeks I'll focus on my Gaiam DVDs.

I'm actually quite burned out on You Tube. It seems like everyone is putting out the same workouts these days on You Tube and I'm losing interest (mainly the no-talking, no cuing variety). Sometimes I do like to zone out and not listen to a bunch of chatter and just enjoy the music, but I feel You Tube is just over saturated with anyone and everyone putting out workouts w/ no cues/talking.

Anyway...that is my rant for today.

Our contractor is starting our 3rd bathroom on Thursday so my house will be chaos for about a week. So probably a good time to bring out some nice scenery from Gaiam.

I'm also just feeling - off - like "unsettled" - nothing is wrong, nothing is happening - just normal life stuff - I'm wondering if it is my spring allergies and anxiety kicking in. I do find that in the spring I feel very anxious and have trouble sleeping and winding down. I just have a sense of un-ease.

Maybe I should focus on yoga.

Hope the laptop solution works, Carol!

Donna
Old 02-28-23, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - Leg & Glute Focused Walking Workout - 25 minutes;
I've done this one before - 20 minutes of cardio combined with lunges, squats, and leg lifts. A brief stretch at the end. This workout had verbal cues.

Jessica Valant Pilates -Pilates for Beginners #2 - 13 minutes
I haven't done this one in a long time. The app is back to working on my iPad.

Donna - I'm sorry you are unsettled. I guess it's probably cheaper for folks filming not to have a microphone?

Carol
Old 03-01-23, 07:38 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did squeeze a workout in this evening - Gaiam/Madeleine Lewis Walking for Weight Loss. This is an oldie - it is about 30 min of "walking" cardio - divided into 3 segments - at the end of each segment you do some lower body toning. It ends with a nice stretch. As is the case with most of the Gaiam videos, the scenery was very nice to look at!

My final bathroom remodel starts tomorrow - so I will probably skip my morning workout or just do something short and then do something longer later on in the day - this is a schedule I may want to keep going forward. i think it may help my productivity if I can start my work day a little earlier (w/out getting up earlier). So this will be a good chance to experiment with this schedule to see how it works for me. I envision a CS episode, a yoga session or Pilates in the morning and then cardio and/or weights in the evening. Something to think about.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Thanks, Carol - I think it is some sort of SAD but in reverse. it is interesting that I always felt the darkness bothered me more, but I think it may be the light. And when we change the clocks it is a real shock to my system

Donna
Old 03-01-23, 07:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Improved Health - Strength Training for Seniors and True Beginners - Introductory Workout - 18 minutes & Gentle Walking Workout - 20 minutes;
This was labeled as an introductory workout, but you could lift regular weights and make it tougher. This was a total body workout, 15 reps per exercise. I used my 3s, 5s, 7s and 9s. I'm guessing I'll be sore tomorrow.
The cardio workout was slower paced than I would have liked, but I stuck with it and just made my movements bigger.

Jessica Valant Pilates - Arm Workout with Resistance Band - 17 minutes

I'm trying to combine Jules' March rotation with Jessica's March calendar, so I opted to use Jules' Beginner calendar instead of the Intermediate one. The Intermediate calendar workouts were going to run between 45 minutes and an hour every day, and honestly I didn't think I'd have time to add on any pilates.

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates