Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-23, 07:53 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Kittybug so funny that you mentioned sleeping after working out so late. I finished up around 9 pm and went to bed at 9:30 pm which is my normal bedtime. My husband and I were briefly chatting just after we got into bed. This morning he was lamenting the fact that he had a hard time falling asleep and was annoyed at me because literally 10 seconds after we stopped talking, I was asleep. Obviously the late workout didn’t affect me!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 10:02 AM  
ChelePA

Kim… you sound like my husband. Out in ten seconds. He can sleep anywhere at anytime.

Peloton workouts included 20 minutes Pilates. 20 minutes full body strength. Then I decided to be daring and add on the Pyramid Hiit Bonus -no step. It wasn’t pretty but I did it. Finished with Cathe’s extended stretch.

Going to enjoy the sixty degree weather today and take Winston for a walk this afternoon. Plus I have some errands to run.

Have a great day!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 03:09 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

I know it's been quite a while since I've posted but I wanted to wish all Watulans a happy 2023! Health, happiness and fierceness to all!

Nathalie
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 03:45 PM  
manleym

HAPPY NEW YEAR (a few days late) EVERYONE!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season! I sure enjoyed playing with my grandnephew. He's VERY active so it was nice being able to keep up with him when family members tired. HA! Another benefit of working out.

Hope to catch up on everyone's posts. I am SO FAR behind....might just start here so I don't feel overwhelmed.

Workouts:
I was able to do 3 Cathe Lives in the hotel workout room, so I was glad. It felt so good to move! And of course I worked out before leaving for Florida.

Monday - Cathe High Step Training (GREAT! WHEW!) + CDorner 80s Dance Workout Retro Dance Workout Classic Dance (BLAST! If anyone wants to try one of Chris's workouts, this would be a fun one to do!)

Tuesday - CDorner Booty Bumping Cardio Step Aerobics Workout Music Of Soul Train! #171 (LOTS of FUN! Had DOMS from HST - glutes, hamstrings, yikes! All those tall box climbs!!)

Wednesday - CDorner 45 Min Bold Legs And Butt Workout Booty Building At Home Workout (uses weights & bands; nice slow controlled moves; good LB workout) + SBowen TT&T LB Lean, UB Sleek, Stretch (great add-on; muscles fatigued! Love Suzanne's style/instruction, etc)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 04:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

manleym & lavna, so nice to hear from both of you!! manleym, just hop in -- we're here for fun and encouragement -- no overwhelming feelings. (which reminds me of a local dj who, when he was younger and not in a lifelong relationship had a hard time with the word "love" so he would always say "overwhelming feelings of concern" which of course became ofoc, now in the urban dictionary. Have any of you heard of this? I really thought it originated from that dj but I'm not sure that's correct).

I want to give big kudos to Kim, because in my mind you are very fierce for not wanting to be able to work out but somehow finding the motivation to do it that late in the evening. I pretty much never do a workout later in the day if I miss my first thing in the morning timeslot, so go you! And, nice that you were able to go right to sleep!

Yesterday there was no workout for me -- I left my house at 630am to get to work. Not 1/4 mile up my road I met a car coming toward me. Turns out there was a tree down and blocking the road. So I had to help clean that up before I could be on my way a bunch later. I was covered in sawdust when I got out of my car to go into the office. Since it was still dark when we were working on it, I didn't realize I was such a mess.

My shoulder felt tweaky last night and now I'm really paranoid about shoulders! So I did a lower body workout today -- Iron Legs (CL 318). A mix of heavy and light weights (though more heavy I think) with some loop work -- a great mix of things! At one point Cathe's balance faltered doing lunges and she said "I can't talk and do lunges... pause... you'd think I'd have mastered that by now." It was a cute moment. I was trying to go heavier than I usually do and shy of 30 minutes in I was thinking that I wouldn't have minded if my power went off and I couldn't finish. But I did....

Stayed home from work today due to the giant storm everyone is talking about (even on the east coast it seems). So far we haven't had torrential rain but some pretty strong winds.

Hope everyone is having a peachy Wednesday....
Old 01-04-23, 05:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Workouts first, since it's only been a couple of days!

1/2/2023: CL #129 Chiseled Legs and Abs (didn't do all of the abs---just the ones I didn't think would mess with my spine) followed by Chris Dorner 35 Minutes Heart Pumping Cardio from 12/27. Good stuff and the time passed quickly. I think I have come to mostly ignore her chat with the participants.

1/3: Hair Max. I think my stylist went too blonde rather than silver this time. It's not her fault, she asked if I wanted on the blonde side or silver side as the silver can be a shock and I told her to go more blonde. Lesson learned---I actually like the silver and it is more in keeping with my goal of going more "natural."

lavna, good to hear from you! Happy New Year to you!

Kate, did it warm up in your neck of the woods? It looks like another storm was heading your way or maybe hit already? Sometime I forget how big your state is and the weather really can vary so much!

manleym, welcome back! Sounds like your visit with family was awesome!

bee, hey, if you looked a little messy after moving that tree before going to work, it was support for why you didn't arrive earlier. No "dog ate my tire" excuse for you! Your weather sounds like it has been crazy! Oh never heard of ofoc. But I'm not exactly up on my urban dictionary vernacular though. A friend of mine once said "if it's in the urban dictionary it's always dirty."

Kim, when I was working I frequently wouldn't work out until 8:30PM or so. Never kept me from falling asleep either when I was ready, unlike my DH. We are lucky!

ChelePA, yes, it's great your daughter is there for at least some of the time that your DH is away! Great that you did the Pyramid Bonus Step! I did it on my tiny step, well it's not long but it's wider than a traditional step. I do plenty of step workouts stepless these days and still get a great workout--more often with Chris Dorner than Cathe since it seems to me that Cathe's intensity is more determined by step height than by music speed or complexity of the movements. I'm not sure what speed Cathe uses, but it seems to be much slower as would (should?) be the case using a higher step---safety, after all. BUT, see, you thought you might not be able to handle it and you did!!!

horusosiris, I think I prefer Crossfire over To The Max as well. Not sure why since they are seem to be very similar---one using the step and one not.
FN1/SHW, any Lux update? Been thinking about him and you.

Waves and Hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 08:48 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans,

Good to hear from you Nathalie! Wishing you and all of us good things and happiness in the new year.

Welcome back, Manley. I’m glad you had a nice vacation.

Bee what a crazy story about the tree on your way to work! Yikes! I have never heard that expression either. But as Cataddict said, the urban dictionary is definitely not something I’m very familiar with.

Today I had a short walk and after work I did another new workout. It was Aimee Nicotera, Take 20 volume 2. This one has 4, 20 minute workouts. I did the cardio groove and stretch workouts. The cardio groove was not what I was expecting. It was very basic choreography with tons of TIFTing and I was pretty happy when the 20 minutes was over. The stretch workout was great. It was athletic stretches using a towel, started standing and ended on the floor. I like Aimee and have several of her other workouts.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 01-05-23, 09:23 AM  
ChelePA

Lavna..nice to “see” you. Happy New Year!

Bee…How’s the crazy weather. Stay safe! You lived up to our fierce name moving that tree. Wow!

Kim.. I was thinking of you when my daughter decided to roll down to the basement and start exercising at 9:45 PM. She usually goes to Planet Fitness but she has the app to tell her how busy it is and it’s been crazy since the new year. As expected. I remember those days at the gym. I told her by February things will be back to normal.

Cataddict…felt complete frustration that I couldn’t do Kat’s newest step video. Too fast and too many turns/pivots for my knee. Had to stop five minutes into the routine. But her cat made an appearance by that point and he was quite entertaining. I think you’ll like this one. Although I do agree, the music wasn’t my favorite. So on that note, I switched to Intermediate Workout #9 with her sister and awesome 80s music. It was more doable but still tricky for me. I do miss my step workouts, but will continue to modify. Hope one day to be using my equipment again even if it’s just the topper.
Old 01-05-23, 10:27 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… thanks so much for the recommendation on CDorner Fitness 80s Dance Workout/Retro Dance. I’ve never been a fan of floor cardio, aerobics, Jazzercise or whatever it was called back in the day. Ha ha. I wasn’t born with any rhythm. But this one was lots of fun even with my modifications. Simple moves that were easy to learn. Of course, I couldn’t always go at her speed or with the same impact but it was a good one for a lighter day. And who doesn’t love the music of that decade!!!
Old 01-05-23, 11:05 AM  
Mickey12

Chele my husband was just talking about the new faces at his gym now that it's January. He and I both agreed that by February it will be back to the normal crowd. I remember when I used to go to the gym there was a reporter asking the patrons questions for a news story about New Years resolutions. The question was something like "Are you new to the gym/have you altered your routine to address any resolutions?" I responded that I was just doing my normal workout, nothing different just because it was a new year, etc. I knew that wasn't what they wanted to hear for their story, but it was the truth. I didn't want to be on the news anyway and I figured that answer would guarantee the footage of me wouldn't be used.

This morning I finished off the Amiee Nicotera Take 20 DVD that I started last night. This morning was 20 minutes of step and 20 minutes of core. Similar to the other cardio section, there was a lot of TIFTing which I don't love, but the moves were a little more interesting on the step. I liked the core section because it had a good variety of movements and wasn't too brutal.

The sun is shining!!!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in