Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-23, 10:09 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

FN1/SHW FYI the lady who owned Big Orange prior to us said he had respiratory issues as long as she could remember. Keeping all fingers and paws crossed for Lux.

Today was a change of pace. I did the Upper Body workout from Tracey Staehle's Parts Series. She used a lot of variation in tempo which I haven't really done since the Caroline rotation. I skipped the abs segment. I followed it with Perfect 30 HiiT Premix that is the "higher" intensity followed by the Pyramid Bonus. I modified the burpee stuff doing it using either a step or my own thing. I like the format of the Pyramid Bonus. She could do a DVD of just that and I'd be happy.

FOLV, haha you are funny and thanks for the good wishes!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 10:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, I meant CrossFIRE!! It seems you guys knew what I was talking about. Kim, yes, it came out the same time as To the Max, and these seemed to be the first of the "metabolic" type workouts that Cathe does, and I never quite knew what to do with them, because I was pretty much a weights/cardio ever alternating kind of gal. Today I just went really light on the weights and I suppose that's the thing to do with them. I guess I should tackle TTM sometime soon, too.

Congrats on HoCo, kittybug. Fun to see what you thought about some of those moves since I did it so recently. I do remember that I really feel her leg work in this one every time I do it. I think because you end up stretching more the way she does it, and just get into the move deeper.

Happy New Year, Linda! Love it when you make an appearance!!

cataddict, when you mentioned toast, I imagined you making actual toast, as in, from the toaster. I think I need to wind down and get to bed.
Old 01-02-23, 10:48 AM  
ChelePA

This month I’m going to add Cathe’s Perfect 30 or Step Boss Series in with my Peloton calendar where appropriate.

Today was Perfect Pump Lower Body. I lifted about half the weight they were using. Just wanted to see if my shoulder and leg could handle it. I probably could go slightly heavier since there’s fewer reps. Will adjust in the future. Followed up with peloton classes- 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes floor barre. 20 minute recovery walk.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 05:17 PM  
horusosiris

Today _ I did an SBF total body workout and a Leah Serago Iron Barre workout. We had a ball on New Years but I am still trying to catch up with my sleep.

Kitty- I did HC volume 3. That one still challenges me. Oh no....I am sore today.

I enjoy Crossfire much more than To the Max.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 07:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Today was Cathe's Muscle Endurance, also hadn't done this in quite a while. Oldie but goodie!

Horusosiris, I swore I would be sore in my obliques but nope, I'm only sore in my lats today from HoCo 3. I get why with the odd twisting positioning in all those planks, but I guess I'm just surprised!! How is Iron Barre these days? Are you signed up with Leah?

FN2, I totally forgot about that pyramid bonus workout! Dang, another one to revisit. I just now found out there's a new 24-hour vet hospital in our area. We might have to switch vets...again. Hah!

ChelePA, I totally forgot to comment on your AMAZING mile pace and the improvement from last year. That is crazy stellar. You are Wonder Watulan, indeed!!

Bee, I agree on HoCo leg moves being sneaky. I was a little creaky in my hamstrings this morning but it went away. Actually, my one hamstring issue has been improving and improving, slowly but surely, and I'm super pleased by that (and relieved).

Have a good evening all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 11:26 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris…what movie was chosen

Kittybug…thanks!!! It was a big accomplishment to end the year. Maybe you should check out the new vet and see what you think. Hoping Lux starts feeling better soon.

Bee…I knew you meant Crossfire then I typed Crosstrain too. Haha. How’s the weather? Watched some news talking about flooding, etc.

Cataddict…I really liked Imax 4 plus the Pyramid Bonus. I actually have it pulled out for this month. Wishful thinking. But maybe I can do as a floor routine. We’ll see.

Started with Peloton core then arms and light weights. Followed with Cathe’s Perfect Pump upper body plus extended stretch. Lifted way lighter than the gang.

My husband is officially traveling. Glad my daughter is home for another 2 weeks.
Old 01-03-23, 12:59 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Happy New Year, Waahhhtoooolunnzzz!!!

May 2023 be a year of Full Throttle Hustle and Sheer Delight of all your life has to offer!!
Happy 2023!!!!
Old 01-03-23, 01:38 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!!

Chele your husband will be gone a long time, wow. It is fortunate that your daughter will be home a while longer so you have some company.

Last night I almost didn't work out. I was lazy all day, just enjoying my last day off from work for the holiday and around 8:30 p.m. I put my butt in gear and changed into my exercise clothes. I still didn't have much motivation and couldn't decide what workout to do. I decided on an unlikely choice of a KCM Raw workout from Youtube. I generally don't do streaming workouts but this one was filmed outside and was only 30 minutes. It was kickbox and weights alternating with pretty basic choreography. It got the job done.

This morning I did new-to-me Shape Bikini Body Camp Transforming Workout. It's three 30 minute workouts led by Michelle Dozois, Lisa Wheeler and Tracy York. Ooohh, I liked this one! The Cardio Interval workout led by Michelle was my favorite followed by the Potpourri workout which was 10 minute segments of kickboxing, sculpt and conditioning drills. I did the last 30 minute workout today at lunch. That one was Sculpt Plus which was multi-joint movements and had a cardio effect. The workouts were moderate intensity with good music and tons of variety. Good stuff!

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-03-23, 07:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans!

Today was Cathe's Cardio Fusion, sweat fest!!

Kim, how on earth do you work out at 8:30 pm and still sleep okay?

Chele, I'm also glad your daughter is there for a couple more weeks. That's a long time to be without your husband! Safe travels to him.

Waves all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:20 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hello Watulans!

Today was Cathe's Cardio Fusion, sweat fest!!

Kim, how on earth do you work out at 8:30 pm and still sleep okay?

Chele, I'm also glad your daughter is there for a couple more weeks. That's a long time to be without your husband! Safe travels to him.

Waves all!!
Kittybug so funny that you mentioned sleeping after working out so late. I finished up around 9 pm and went to bed at 9:30 pm which is my normal bedtime. My husband and I were briefly chatting just after we got into bed. This morning he was lamenting the fact that he had a hard time falling asleep and was annoyed at me because literally 10 seconds after we stopped talking, I was asleep. Obviously the late workout didn’t affect me!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in