Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-23, 10:28 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I have no workouts to report , though I did do a little bit of CHE: Rope & Ride one day this past week and my step totals have averaged btw 5,300-8,300/day over the last week. J-term classes ended for us on Wed but Thurs and Fri were also intense because I had to complete some things that were due that I had been ignoring because I was so focused on preparing for J-term. The class turned out really well and we had a pizza party and debriefing on Wed and all talked about what a good experience we all had together. I would definitely not request that teaching time in the future, though.

I'm still itching to get back to fitting in weights, so we'll see what I can do. I have a memorial service for a good friend's mom this afternoon but I might see if I feel up to getting in a workout later.

Also, my Fitbit is failing me! It's become glitchy and the charge used to last around 4 days, then in the last while, it went down to 2, and now over the last couple of days, I'm having to recharge it every night. So, I've been looking into it and I think I'm going to switch over to the Apple Watch, going for one of the lower-priced models. Maybe having a new device will help me feel more motivated to actually work out. Only time will tell.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walks and the MR. I thought about you the other day when I was watching the news and they said that your part of the country was finally getting snow and dealing with dangerously low temps. I was wondering if you'd be able to keep up with your outdoor walks. Looks like so far, so good. Hope you have a good day!
Old 02-05-23, 11:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol 4B

I went through the 4 All My Best workouts.
Good stuff. I was going to walk today but DS invited me to another wedding venue visit which is about an hour or so away so I won't have time before we head out. The weather is moderating this week so hopefully I'll get some walks in.

CAMBET, nice job getting in your steps and movement when you can. The class sounds like a success though intense. I'm sure you've told me before but what subjects do you teach? There's a thread on GD right now about the Apple Watch. I don't think there's been much discussion but you may want to check it out when you can.

We didn't get much snow where I live in NJ though they got more up north from here. But we had some brutal cold and wind for a couple of days. Thankfully it seems to be moving on already so hopefully I can get back to some walks this coming week.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-23, 10:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

It was a nice day out so I went for it.
Hoping for another walk today.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
Old 02-07-23, 10:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

42 minute outdoor walk

It was windy yesterday so felt much colder than it actually was. Hoping for another walk today. I want to keep up the weight work more consistently too.

Waves to CAMBET & NORA, hope your trip was wonderful!

Have a great day!
Old 02-08-23, 08:48 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

No workouts to report from Saturday (I hung out with a friend after the memorial service and got home much later than planned) or Sunday. Spring semester classes started on Monday. I did some of CHE Wild Horse in the morning to help with my hourly step goals and finished it up that night. I also took a 34 min walk with a coworker. Made it to over 10,900 steps for the day. That was my first day over 10,000 steps since one day in mid-Jan, and before that since late November. Felt good.

Yesterday I had meetings at different locations across campus so I got in a lot of movement, and I also took a 25 min walk with my coworker. Made it to over 13,500 steps for the day. Also felt good. Though I don't always do it, I do feel better when I'm getting in lots of movement.

Well, my Fitbit is still on its way to biting the dust and Sunday I was surprised to see that the Fitbit app on my phone malfunctioned, as well, for several hours. The Apple Watch that I was going to switch to is on sale this week, so that and the Fitbit problems are a sign that I should take the leap (I did see that thread in GD, and I've also done a search about the AW here). I've been hesitant since I'm such a creature of habit (and I really like the FB) and also I have so many years of Fitbit data and I'm hesitant to lose all of that by switching to a different platform. So, then, it occurred to me that I could just get another Fitbit, which would be cheaper than the AW. So I'm on the fence, but I'm planning to make a decision today.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walks and MR! I'm glad that the cold/super cold weather didn't stick around for too long, though it's still windy. Kudos to you for getting in weight work, also. I'm hoping that will inspire me to follow your lead and get a weight routine going. Hope you have a great day!
Old 02-08-23, 10:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

42 minute outdoor walk

This seems to be the length of my walks lately more or less. Hopefully when it warms up a little more I'll get back to even longer walks.

CAMBET, very good job with the step counts and movement throughout your day.
I'm sure it does feel great when you are able to do it. I toy with the idea of counting my steps sometimes with a simple pedometer. I think too much data would make me a little obsessive. I can probably just set my phone to count my steps though. Please let me know which route you decide to take with the fitbit or AW.

Have a great day!
Old 02-09-23, 09:47 AM  
cambet

Good morning,

Yesterday I did some of CHE: Rope & Ride in the morning to help with my hourly step goals, and then I finished it and did CH: Bring the Heat last night. Made it to over 10,700 steps for the day.

I think I've decided to get the Apple Watch, but who knows. Yesterday I had decided to get the Fitbit Luxe, but I read a bunch of reviews about it and a lot of them say that it stops working after a few months and usually just outside of the warranty time. I've had a good experience with my 2 Fitbits so far, they have lasted for years, and I don't think that I want to take a chance on something with so many bad reviews (even though there are lots of good ones, also). So, I think the final decision is the AW, but we'll see.

SB - Great job with your walk! It does seem like the 42-47 minute time length is working well for you, which is not bad. It would probably be interesting for you to know your step count, although I also have to admire that you are walking for walking's sake (I have a couple of friends like that; they refuse to use a device to monitor or track their fitness). For me, yes, sometimes I'm a little obsessive, but it's also a great motivator. I'm pretty sure that I would not have gotten in over 10,000 steps yesterday if it weren't for the Fitbit showing me that doing so would put me on a 3-day roll of over 10,000 steps. I had over 6,000 steps last night and I didn't really feel like working out, but I made myself do it since it was only about 40 mins of movement. We'll see for how long I can keep it up. Hope you have a good day!
Old 02-09-23, 11:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

45 minute outdoor walk

My streak is going well this week with the walking. I'm hoping to keep it up today but it's pretty gray and yucky out. Maybe some weights if I don't walk.

CAMBET, very well done with the steps yesterday. I can see how a tracking device could be motivating to add a little movement especially at night. I do need to be a little more active throughout the day and evening.
Hmmm. Definitely something to think about. I'm sure I mentioned in the past how I used to count my steps when I worked in the restaurant and would get well over 22K to 25K steps in a day. Maybe I'll start tracking with my phone and see how it goes.

Have a great day!
Old 02-09-23, 12:06 PM  
Vantreesta

I was just randomly reading threads while eating breakfast and saw your comment, Cambet, about the Fitbit app malfunctioning the other day. We noticed that too but it seems to be resolved. Is yours working again? I think it must have been an update issue but not sure.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-23, 08:49 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Well my 10,000 steps/day streak is already over after only 3 days. I had planned to work out last night but I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after midnight. I had made it to over 7,600 steps and only needed about 25 mins of movement, so I was disappointed. Oh, well, at least it wasn't a longer streak than 3 days, and I can get it going again if I really want to. So, no workout to report.

But, I did bite the bullet this morning and buy the Apple Watch SE (on sale at Target, and I had a gift card ). I had planned to buy it last night, but, once again, I fell asleep (insert eye roll). It should be here on Tuesday.

SB - Great job with your walk, as always. Your streak is going well! It's pretty incredible, but makes sense with all that movement, that you would get 22k-25k steps in a day while working at the restaurant. I should try to incorporate more movement into work. I won't get to numbers that high, for sure , but I could be a little more intentional. Like, I really enjoy when I do a walking meeting with a coworker. I also get up hourly if I've just been sitting at my desk and do a walk halfway around the building to get in my 250 steps/hour. Maybe I'll try to think of other ways to get in more movement. Hope you have a great day.

Vantreesta - Good to hear from you! When my Fitbit app malfunctioned, all of the metrics that I have on the main screen (steps, calories, distance, floors climbed (which my current FB doesn't track), etc. moved around and several of them disappeared. The main one for me that is the biggest on the screen- Steps- magically changed to Cals (burned). I kept hitting the edit button, but I couldn't get it change back, so I figured it was glitch and left it alone. After maybe an hour I tried it again and was able to put everything back where it had been, since it didn't happen automatically. And it's all fine now. It didn't even occur to me that it could have been an update issue or been something that everyone experienced, so thanks for mentioning this.