Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-29-22, 11:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

MR's All My Best Vol 2
30 minute outdoor walk

Boy that weight work sure felt good.
I needed that. I hope I can keep it up more consistently going forward.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-22, 10:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

44 minute outdoor walk

Have a great day!
Old 12-31-22, 11:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

KCM Build & Burn Trim & Tone Intervals, Dumbell Only premix

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-22, 05:16 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

happy New Year ladies!

SB- Looks like you're back to the usual workouts and that the ankle is now good?

Cambet - I hope you're having a good time in Atlanta

As for me, I've been keeping up with my walking and doing vids if it's too icy out there. We are having pretty mild weather so that helps these days!

SB- I haven't done any strength work in ages. Gotta get back to it!
Old 12-31-22, 11:57 PM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year!

I haven't done any workouts since I last posted and have barely been on my computer. I had a blast with the twins and their siblings. My sister and I enjoyed our time with them so much that we stayed at their house an extra day.

I had planned to return to SC Thursday or Friday, but one of my nephews that I spent Christmas with ended up testing positive for Covid. My sister and I kept to ourselves at her place and tested on Thursday (after we got the news). We have tested negative for the last 3 days. Of the 10 adults who were present, 2 have tested positive, along with my nephew, and the rest of us are negative, so far. I visited with my parents yesterday and today. In spite of the fact that we were all masked up and we tended to keep our distance, they were a bit nervous yesterday (I totally understand) and more at ease today. I'm going to head back to SC in the morning.

I need to think about my fitness goals for the new year.

SB - Great job with your workouts and nice variety! Do you have any kind of plan for the new year, or are you planning to just do whatever you feel like (which is fine too )?

Nora - Good to hear from you and great job keeping up with your workouts!

Best wishes in the new year, ladies!
Old 01-01-23, 11:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Happy New Year ladies!!

Yesterday:

27 minute outdoor walk

I was already outside for my walk yesterday when I realized it was misting/drizzling.
I decided to go for it anyway. I did cut it short though. It's nicer today and in the 50s so I definitely hope to get out there and start the new year with a walk.

NORA, great to see you. Glad you've been keeping up with your walks and workouts.
I do seem to be pretty much back to my old routine *knock wood* My ankle seems good thankfully. Not sure if it will ever be 100% again but it's darn close.

CAMBET, glad to see you're feeling well and had a great time in Atlanta. Fingers crossed you stay negative for covid. I rarely follow a plan or rotation unfortunately. I would say my "plan" such as it is will be to continue to walk as often as possible and try to be more consistent with the weight work.

Here's to a happy, healthy wonderful 2023!!
Old 01-01-23, 04:07 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

I'm really enjoying this respite from the cold temperatures. I did a 5 k walk this morning. I did get rained on a bit, but nothing too serious.

SB- Good to hear that your ankle is approaching normal. It takes a while. My shoulder is still not 100% after a year and a half, but almost.

Cambet - your parents are SMART. It's not just covid - RSV is lurking. I am a recent sufferer of that and it took 5 weeks to recover. Shoulda worn a mask!
Old 01-02-23, 10:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

I'm starting to branch out on my walking route to encompass some of the other neighborhoods I used to walk in BBA (before broken ankle). The mild weather certainly helps with the longer walks too.
I hope to get out there again today while the weather holds up.

NORA, it would be nice if the whole winter stayed relatively mild but I know that's a crazy delusion. Oh that RSV sounds like a rough haul. DD and I had covid after Thanksgiving but thankfully not too bad.
Bad enough though.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 01-03-23, 10:03 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I'm back in SC. I did very little yesterday in terms of work and getting things done around the house. I did work out; I did CH: Wild Goose Chase and half of Cardio Round Up. Made it to over 6,200 steps for the day. I also resumed making sure that I get in at least 250 steps an hour from 8-4. It was the first time that I had been intentional about that in a while.

I want to come up with a fitness plan. I'm back to thinking maybe a 30-min/day cardio/weight rotation. I would REALLY like to get back to including some strength training. Right now I'm considering Jillian's Body Revolution or one of Jessica's programs, but I don't feel really drawn to either. I hope to figure it out by Monday.

I also need to get my eating under control. I lost 7 lbs while I was sick, but I have gained it all back (as I found when I did my weigh-in yesterday). I haven't logged my food since early Dec (while I was sick I ate very little, so didn't bother to log). I'll start back on Monday. I just feel like I need a reasonable fitness/eating plan or I'm going to keep doing whatever and keep gaining weight. I have a few days to figure it out.

SB - Great job with your walks, and i'm especially impressed by the 46 in one. It's good that you are branching out to some of the BBA areas. I remember that you are not a rotations woman, but I guess, along with your daily walks, it would be good to add in some consistent weight work. It occurred to me that since I don't feel excited about BR or a JS rotation, maybe I could just come up my own with stuff that I know that I like, but that might require more thought than I'm willing to give. We'll see. I'm glad that y'all are experiencing milder temps so that you can get in your walks.

Nora - Great job with the 5k walk! Sorry that you had to deal with RSV and the long recovery. Glad you are feeling better.
Old 01-03-23, 01:19 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good afternoon!

Yesterday:

38 minute outdoor walk

Today is raining and I was up early for a nuclear stress test and echocardiogram!
I didn't realize all that testing took up the whole morning. I personally think it was all overkill but it's done now so I'll see what the results say.

CAMBET, glad you're back home and getting back into a routine. That was a tough December you had so here's hoping things start looking up. I'm hoping a cardio/weights rotation calls out to you.
I wish I could help you there but I'm sure you'll find something. You did so well with Chalean was it last summer??

Hi NORA.

Have a great day!!