Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-23, 09:45 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Last night I did 2 miles of Leslie's Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles. I enjoyed it, I guess, but it wasn't a great choice because I forgot that it has boosted walking or jogging, and I wasn't outfitted to do that much impact (I didn't really do much full jogging). Made it to over 11,600 steps for the day (I really needed the extra exercise because I attended a luncheon yesterday and ended up majorly going over my calorie count for the day ).

When you think about it, Leslie really is a genius. She has probably made somewhere around 100 DVDs basically doing the same steps/moves and saying the same things over and over for years (this is the smart way to walk ), while switching up walkers, outfits, and backgrounds and people kept buying her next release and next release. I know because I'm one of those people who has 11 of her DVDs. If you do her consecutive days you are reminded of how much she repeats the same stuff. I like her better alone or with the old crew, I think, because she gets a little silly with the newer groups of walkers.

SB - Great job with KMC and LWR! Sounds like good stuff! It's so weird how half the country is dealing with blizzard-like conditions and down here the high today is supposed to be 72. Thanks for your kind words and for not minding me venting ; this time it wasn't the crazy problematic one (who is the ringleader), it was an ally of hers. That whole thing is a gigantic insert eye roll situation. Also, thanks for your thoughts about the AW. I'm still within the window of time that I can return it. I have until next week, so I'll have to make a decision by then. Hope you have a great day!
Old 02-24-23, 10:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

double post
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 10:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

38 minute outdoor walk

I had wanted to add on some LWR but a few things came up and then I was dragging by the end of the day. Today is a busy day and it's howling winds out there so probably no walk. I'll try to do a short workout soon.
I have some errands and then I'll be visiting my sister then I'm going to a friend's for dinner.

CAMBET, nice job with your step total.
Leslie sure did come up with a brilliant plan there. Haha. I bought several of her dvds too. And enjoyed them all at various times. Oh your weather sounds lovely.
My friend is in Tampa on vacation and she keeps telling me oh I went to the beach today. I think it's mid-80s down there.
I really shouldn't complain though.
At least we're not getting the crazy winter weather they're getting out west and mid-west

It's amazing how these crazies get people to back them up. My bil is the president of his condo association and there's this one nutjob that always disrupts the meetings with crazy proposals and complaints.
And he always gets a few followers to support his causes. Eye roll indeed. He sends emails to the other residents behind my bil's back trying to get people to oust my bil. Crazy. And that's just a condo association, it's not even anyone's paid job.

Hope you have a great day!

Old 02-25-23, 11:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

LWR 14 Minute Weight Loss Workout

This was a nice quick cardio routine from Lucy. It's very cold today and light snow showers so I'll probably not walk outside and hopefully do some weight work.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
Old 02-26-23, 09:29 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I got home Friday after having coffee with friends in the late afternoon/evening and fell asleep. So, no workout on Friday, though I did make it to over 8,700 steps for the day.

Yesterday I majorly overate, I felt stressed, and I noticed that one of my knees was swollen (probably from continuing to fall asleep on my unsupportive sofa), so I decided to take a walk outside. I also wanted to give the AW a chance to see how it recorded outside workouts. I didn't head out until after 6:00 pm, and it was completely dark by the time I got home, so I started to question my great idea since I was a little nervous to be walking in the neighborhood after dark. I carried a walking stick with me and figured I could use it if bothered by a person or animal, but still, probably not going to do that again. The walk and stretch at the end took 53 mins and I made it to over 12,200 steps for the day. The walk felt good!

My father's 81st birthday is tomorrow, so I'm heading down to Atlanta soon to celebrate with the family. I don't plan to get in a workout today. I'll be back tomorrow.

SB - Great job with your walk and with the LWR workout. I still need to check her out on YT. I'm glad to hear that you all have light snow showers and not that crazy winter weather in the west/mid-west. Except for some cold temps around Christmas-time, it seems that winter skipped us here. I have FB friends already complaining about insects and such since we haven't had enough cold weather to kill some of them off. Your b-i-l's situation sounds frustratingly crazy, but I have learned in life that there will always be crazies and oddly enough, people who are willing to cosign on their crazy/ridiculousness. (insert eyeroll). I've found that the older I get the more I have no patience for it. Blech! Hope you have a great day!
Old 02-26-23, 10:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

Lift with Cee 20 Min. Workout #24

I like Cee's quick simple approach to weight training but I miss MR too. LOL. I do plan on a walk today. I really need to prioritize the walking even though I know weight training is important too. I also think with Cee's style of lifting I do need heavier weights than I have available right now.

CAMBET, the walk does sound like a good one but I wouldn't feel comfortable walking in the dark even though I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood. Still you never know what's lurking out there, human or otherwise. I have been overeating too and my weight has been slowly but surely creeping up all winter. I know it's the eating not the exercise, but I still feel like brisk walking every day helps keep weight creep at bay. And it just makes me feel better in general. I hope your swollen knee calms down soon.

Happy birthday to your dad. I hope you have a lovely time celebrating with your family. This has sure been an odd winter. Snow in Los Angeles?? No snow in the northeast? Strange.

Have a great day!

Old 02-27-23, 10:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

50 minute outdoor walk

Ahh that felt good. Hoping for another walk today before the snow comes in tonight.
Yes you read correctly. After opening my big mouth about no snow yesterday we're expecting a storm tonight. LOL. Hopefully it's not too bad.

CAMBET, hope you enjoyed your time with family.

Have a great day!
Old 02-28-23, 10:19 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Good morning. I know I haven't checked in since before I went to mexico in late January, but I keep meaning to....as if that counts!

Anyhow, I joined a little studio that opened in my town, so I've been attending a few classes of which I can choose between yoga tai chi or baladi. I think I'll be sticking with yoga. Not too much walking lately, as I find it too slippery most of the time. That means its back to vids for a while. Yesterday I did a Patrick G step and the day before some Christi T and some Chalene.

I think it must be pretty close to a year since I did any strength training, so I've made up my mind to change that. Hence, Chalene. My goal is to do something 3x per week for the next few months. Im starting with Chalene because those can come in under a half hour if I skip the warm up.

I'm glad to see you guys are still walking the walk!

I'll try once again to check in more regularly.
Old 02-28-23, 11:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

50 minute outdoor walk

Another nice walk yesterday. No walk today obviously. We got about 4 or 5 inches of snow which isn't too bad but it still needs to be shovelled. LOL. That's probably today's workout.

NORA,good to see you! That local studio sounds fun. I'll have to look up baladi.
Glad to see your dvds are helping get you through the icy weather. I've been trying to get the weights back in more consistently.
Short does seem to help with consistency.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-23, 09:37 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I'm just popping in to say hello. I haven't worked out this week. The last two days have been intense. I got back Monday morning and immediately had to switch to work mode. Yesterday I had two big things due, class, and a number of meetings. It was back to back to back things and a super busy day (though it can feel a little overwhelming sometimes, I don't mind being so busy since I tend to thrive in such situations and do well at multitasking ). I did manage to get in over 8,500 steps during the day, but just didn't have the energy to do a 15 min workout last night.

Today I have a big proposal due (by midnight) that I've been working on all morning, I have to teach, and I have 3 meetings (and a couple of other timely work things that have to be done by midnight), so it's going to be another busy day.

I'll get back to working out tomorrow.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walks! I thought I saw on the news yesterday that your area finally got several inches of snow. Glad it's not too bad. I happened to pull up VF while I was sitting with my dad, read your post, and and told him that you/an online friend was sending happy birthday wishes. He smiled and was glad to hear it.

Nora - Welcome back. Hope you had a great time in Mexico. Studio sounds interesting. I'm also hoping to get back to weights at some point.

Have a great day!