Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > VFer News & Events
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-22, 10:01 AM  
DD546

I wish I could join you all, but we'll be traveling tomorrow. Maybe next year. Have fun!
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 11:36 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
I wish I could join you all, but we'll be traveling tomorrow. Maybe next year. Have fun!
If you're able to participate with a smart phone, let me know.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 11:40 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

some of you have expressed concerns about connecting to the meeting. I would suggest between now and tomorrow, do a short practice meeting with another person in your family who already knows how Zoom works.

Using your smart phone is probably the easiest way to connect. Read my first post - make sure your device(s) have the app (application) downloaded. the app is the software that's needed to access the meeting. if you don't have the software and you click on the Zoom meeting link, it will give you the opportunity to download the app, but by downloading the app beforehand, you can save yourself some time.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 12-17-22, 11:57 AM  
laurajhawk

I didn’t get the link BUT have a recently scheduled conflict and didn’t think I was going to make it anyway, so please don’t invest extra effort for me. Thank you for all your work on this!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 11:59 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I didn’t get the link BUT have a recently scheduled conflict and didn’t think I was going to make it anyway, so please don’t invest extra effort for me. Thank you for all your work on this!
fwiw, i sent it via PM because the email method refused to work.

UPDATED INFO:
Please read the first post in this thread - i've added the Scavenger Hunt items (short list).

A PM has been sent to all who were considering coming to the Zoom meeting - please check your PM messages here on VF. Also, a few of you sent me your email address and I sent the meeting link to you there as well.

Old 12-17-22, 12:25 PM  
Vantreesta

I read the scavenger hunt list but I'm not clear on what to do. Do we find these things and bring them to the meeting? Thanks!

ETA: Never mind. I reread it AFTER coffee, now I get it. A little fitness show and tell.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 03:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Jeanine thank you for your PM.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-22, 07:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I read the scavenger hunt list but I'm not clear on what to do. Do we find these things and bring them to the meeting? Thanks!

ETA: Never mind. I reread it AFTER coffee, now I get it. A little fitness show and tell.
LOL

no need to bring all on the list. in fact, if you have a furry animal who bugs you during yoga, bring them along in place of any of the items.

Old 12-17-22, 08:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
LOL

no need to bring all on the list. in fact, if you have a furry animal who bugs you during yoga, bring them along in place of any of the items.
Ahh, I would love to show off my boy! But he may not even join me so we'll see. He does seem to love getting dog hair all over my mat!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 12:58 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm getting an invalid ID.

ETA NEVER MIND I went through Zoom directly and the ID and pass code worked.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2022 zoom meetup, zoom meetup