Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-23, 04:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

day 7 TA level 2.7 skipped cardio to ride, did a short stretch after

thanks Ebianco! my clothes fitting a bit better isn't a massive change but I do remember why I stuck with TA for such a long time.

hi buzzer!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 12:28 PM  
Buzzer

TA Mat.. DONE!
Ran on treadmill for 2.89 miles in Portugal.. DONE!
TA PDS2... legs and abs.. DONE!
Core Fusion arms.. DONE!

I did TA mat, expecting it to be super hard. It wasn't! I remember it being really, really tough. It did exhaust me, however didn't slay me. I liked it! I ran/walked on the treadmill yesterday, which was great. I did 14 run intervals, the first 2 at 4.3 and 4.5mph, then the rest at 5mph. 5 isn't as bad as I thought it would be! I was really not overly tired or feeling like I had overdone it. It was really a good run/walk. All together I did 2.89 miles total.

Today I did TA PDS2, only the leg and ab part. when she moved onto standing abs, I turned it off and grabbed core fusion arms and abs. I did the first two segments of core fusion, which are all arms. It was good. The band work was tough though! I grabbed weights finally (2 pounds) for the triceps. I just couldn't use my band on do that work. Maybe I need a lighter band. I have one, I'll grab it next time! The weights did good though. I enjoyed it, even though I remember core fusion is a KILLER. So overall, I feel worked out today!

I was trying to remember which TA had a crazy killer ab workout on it. I thought It was mat, however the abs on that weren't crazy killer. Today TA PDS2 was tough, however I must be thinking of PDS 3. I will probably try that when I get better at PDS2, since I know they are progressively harder. I did mat thinking that was the one I was thinking of... nope. PDS2 abs were tougher today than they were last time I did this workout, probably because I wasn't holding back my effort today. I find when I first do a workout, I hold back some. So I am better doing a workout 2 or 3 times so the first time can be a throwaway, then I get the real work done!

Eventmom: I can see how TA would make your clothes fit better. She really isn't a big muscle person, all her movements are in a rotation so I can see how that would take the bulk out of the big muscles and make the musculature more even. I don't even know if that makes sense. I did listen to her interview at the end of Mat, and she doesn't say women shouldn't lift more than 3 pounds, but that they shouldn't lift more than 3 pounds for HER work. I don't know if she said something different somewhere else, but it was kinda a lightbulb for me, since that was such a point of contention when she was popular. I do like her moves though, and man, they do sure work your back, which I think is a neglected area for the most part. Also she works your abs, even in the leg parts! I do feel she neglects the arms and chest, however that's why I am doing other things. I do like her, but not her lack of cuing!!

Ebianco: I need to get back to smoothies. I had some really good recipes for them, but I just got off track. maybe I will be inspired to drag out my Ninja and do them again! I found my toniques. however after doing the original mat workout, I thought I'd want to do it again, however I keep looking at it and thinking "nope, just don't wanna". She is killer! I have a few workouts... I think 3 others, that I haven't ever done. I keep telling myself I want to do them, but then I get to the moment when I have to decide, and I do something else. HA! I guess Tonique just isn't for me. I do need to try the workouts I have though!

After 2 really bad nights of sleep, I finally slept better last night. Which is weird, since we ate out Mexican food at 7:45 last night. So I ate a heavy meal before bed. I guess either I was so exhausted I just slept despite that, or that was just what I needed to sleep good? I don't know. HA! Sleep is such a stress for me. I didn't know they had gel caps for zzquil! I'll have to look for those. I always wonder how much sugar I am putting back on my teeth by taking liquid forms of medicine before bed.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-23, 12:41 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today was Iron Day 27, back/chest/shoulders antagonist supersets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfge...xymJ2&index=28) and upon preview I didn't think it looked that bad, but she warns in her description that this is the hardest user body workout of the Iron series, and upon doing it I see what she means. The back to back 60/60 work is killer! And we haven't done too many pushups in the Iron series and they are more metabolic than other chest work. I'm sore already! Tomorrow is glutes which I'm dreading

Eventmom Yes, it is always nice to be reminded how great exercise is for results!

Buzzer Wow great job on all your TA work too! I would pull in TA Mat occasionally just for the killer arm work.

I slept better last night too but somehow still feel very exhausted the last few days. I had a really bad stomach ache on Monday and I wonder if I've just been low-key sick this week and not letting myself rest. Thankfully I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll really sleep in and hopefully recover.
Old 01-12-23, 01:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

michelle dozois your body breakthru circuit express

so I was up and down during the night with one horse who is colic-ing. It's not life threatening but I had to keep checking her.

buzzer - the abs on Mat are not that hard. I'm not sure which of her workouts I would classify as having tough abs (other than some random meta levels...)

ebianco - no results when I'm this sleep deprived.
Old 01-12-23, 05:15 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

new TA workout posted to goop - here's the youtube url:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNZEsEYE-Y

I know what I'm planning to do tomorrow! oops, saturday - tomorrow I'm supposed to go have a jumping lesson so only yoga in the am.
Old 01-15-23, 02:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

It's been a crazy few days. On Thursday night I found out that my oldest sister (who lives about 2 hours away) was in extremely poor health and may not make it more than a couple of days. Of course, myself and the entire family mobilized to be there. I stayed for two days and about half of us headed home and half stayed around for another day or two, because it looks tentatively promising she may pull through. She found out she had cancer on Christmas, and has been in and out of the hospital since then. They started chemotherapy yesterday so we are all just in a holding pattern for now. The latest news is she will be hospitalized at least a few more days. I am home but may need to rush back to her area at any moment if things go south

I had already gotten in my workout on Thursday morning, Iron Day 27, of course I missed exercise entirely on Friday and Saturday. So today I was thinking, that I would take it easy today, I still worked out but just light cardio and stretching for about 45 minutes from youtube stuff. And then next week, pending any new developments and being with my sister and family again, that I would start Epic 3, in essence these last few days would have been a deload period. Of course I'll see how I feel on Tuesday to make sure I'm prepared to start. I'm positively exhausted today and have been the last few days. Just so much stress.

Eventmom Thank you for posting the new TA workout! I had no idea.

Also, if you and Buzzer like Linda/Barlates she is back from her long sabbatical and came out with a 1000 rep series that is supposed to be a little easier than her older workouts (her channel here https://www.youtube.com/@barlatesbodyblitz) and she announced that she's going to start putting out new workouts again, about half or so to be available for free and the other half can be purchased through DVDs/downloads, like she did before, or for a paid subscription on youtube. She said she was going to focus more on feel good/mobility workouts this time around. I'm glad she's back!
Old 01-15-23, 04:57 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

ebianco - WOW I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. I'm glad that she is close enough that you can just drive there when you need to but how difficult for your entire family. Take care, easy workouts certain make sense. You've certainly had your share of family health challenges to cope with. thanks for the barlates update.

my workouts:
Friday - did a little bit of yoga, jumping lesson on a strange horse, stretched on my own
Saturday- TA's new goop workout + DC 2.. The TA workout is a 'beginner' one but I liked it. fun to have new music, new moves.
Today- TA 2.7 - 8 + 20 min marion brand walk. I'm still not up to 30 reps on all the moves!

buzzer - hope you had a fun weekend.
Old 01-15-23, 06:41 PM  
Buzzer

Friday walked around Stock Show for 7 hours... DONE!
Saturday rest. My body hurt!
Today: Pop Physique Hardcore... DONE!

I was going to run Friday, however since we were going to the Stock Show and I remember last year I was so tired afterwards, I skipped it. Glad I did! I walked for 7 hours around stock show! At the end I was sitting in every available chair I could find. LB had a BLAST though! She saw all the cows, got to help wash a cow, saw sheep being shorn, cows fluffed, the auction, some horse jumping, went to the petting zoo, saw random things all around... seriously, 7 hours is not enough! There's so much to see and do. It's so fun! Plus the Stock Show people are so friendly. LB asked a guy if she could pet his bull and he let her. She pet him on the cheek

LB had marital arts graduation afterwards, and I have no idea how she did it. another 90 minutes of martial arts. So Saturday I had her do NOTHING. We both did nothing. I sat in silence. I was just... done. Today I didn't sleep well last night, I woke up at 3:45am because Eugene was barking. I have no idea what he saw, I looked and saw nothing, however there has been a mountain lion in our area (the neighbor just across the street and up one house sent us some pictures of it in their yard!) so I was wondering if that is what he was barking at. Quiet otherwise. I couldn't fall back to sleep though. So I have been up. I was falling asleep at church, then I tried to take a nap after church and my phone kept buzzing with texts. Every time I started snoozing.... bzzzz. So I got up and did taxes for DH.

Then I went out to workout. I did hardcore. It was hard! I know I have done harder workouts, but it was just what I needed. Not a lot of plies, actually not many at all. Lots of AMAZING ab work. That was an excellent ab series! I loved it! I needed it too. My abs feel so flappy, even with the work I have been doing. I feel pulled in now, so that lets me know I need more of this kind of work. I was glad I did this workout also because I have never done it. When I took it out of the case it had some scratches in it. I was annoyed, however I don't even remember when I got it so I can't return it if it didn't play. Luckily it played all the way through. This was kinda TA-ish, so Eventmom, if you want a good alternative to some TA, this would be it!! about 20-30 reps, angles, not a lot of plies, some butt dancing, and kinda Core Fusion abs. But all was doable.

Ebianco: I am so sorry to hear about your sister!!! I had no idea. I am so sorry. That is heartbreaking! So quick she went from finding out to struggling. Makes me realize every time how fleeting this all is. I will pray for her and your family... anything to help her through! If there is anything you need, please let me know. I know it's cliche and no one ever asks for anything, however even if I can buy you guys dinner while you are with your sister it can be a big burden off of you. I will do it if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. I pray she makes it through and starts to recover. My heart is broken for you.

I did not see Linda is back! I remember in Covid my sisters turned to me to find someone to workout to, and I recommended Linda. My one sister said she is sadistic. So I recommended Leslie workouts, and they liked those better. I am glad to hear she is toning it down! I love her, and always think I can do her workouts, then I do them and realize she is a machine. She just seems so nice and has such an easy time with the workouts, I always am surprised at how I struggle! I will check her out!

Eventmom: LB had her first riding lesson. The trainer put her in an English saddle with breakaway stirrups! I had no idea those even existed! She talked about balance, and had LB do some balance exercises (standing up in the stirrups, turning right, then left) and had LB go around some barrels and around the arena. Overall it was good. She had to groom and put the saddle on before the lesson, and take the saddle off after. It was a 1/2 hour lesson, but with all that it was an hour. She also doesn't have the riders kick the horses to start, the "tik tik" noise in their cheek to get the horses going. Another lady in the arena "brrrrr"d her tongue to stop her horse. No kicking the horse at all. It was like being at a spa. Everything was so relaxed and quiet! I loved it. LB was kinda afraid, the horse was so stinking tall and she wasn't familiar with the saddle, but we are going back again. Compared to westernaires, where it was high energy, lots of kicking the horses, lots of yelling at the riders, kids yelling at their horses to go, so much energy. Then this was all "tik tik" "brrrrr" and light clomping of horse hooves. Such a difference.

I guess I am telling you all this because I want to know, is kicking the horse to start old training? Or did we just find someplace that is very training-spa? I am glad she is learning this gentler training, but will it be detrimental in the future if she gets a horse that's already trained, or for her future riding? is she learning something that is so far out there, that it's not really transferrable to other horses outside of this equestrian center? I don't want her to go riding when she's older and "tik tik" to her horse, and her horse just stands there. However I like that she isn't flailing kicking the horse!!!

Anyhow, it's good. I sent the email to drop her out of westernaires, and that kinda was sad, even for me! But I am glad to spend the same amount of money and have her move forward with her riding.

Ebianco, take care of yourself and keep us posted when you can. I will be thinking of you!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-16-23, 03:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - ttapp lymphatic walk

I woke up at 5:30 with a terrible migraine so I took some medicine and went back to sleep. I think it's a sinus infection I just feel awful, body aches, head ache, face pain.

buzzer - I think if you are happier with this training situation then it's the right place. I don't know what you mean by kicking the horse - were they just putting their heel on the horse and nudging or taking their leg off the horse and banging hard? If the second one, then probably the horses get ridden by so many different riders they pretty much ignore most cues. The horses learn to do this because beginner riders are usually pretty uncoordinated and horses learn to ignore most signals or they freak out some kid who has crappy balance and will fall off or whatever if the horse is reactive. It seems like you've gone from one extreme to the other but I'm not sure why you are worried about her riding future? What are her goals? Right now it seems like she just needs to develop a better seat with better balance and good control of her body which seems like this trainer will help with. I guess overall if you like the trainer then go with it.

ebianco hope you are doing okay!
Old 01-17-23, 09:03 AM  
Buzzer

Walked/jogged on treadmill for 2.58 miles... DONE!

It was a "recovery" workout, which means it was a perfect workout for me. He walked a minute, then jogged 30 seconds. 14 intervals. only 7 minutes total of jogging, however my muscles are super sore so it was perfect for me! about 40 minutes when all was said and done, however about 20 of that was walking for the warm up and cool down. I didn't add on anything extra to this one! Today I will probably hit "hardcore" again. I liked it, and now that I know what to expect I will do it again. I am slowly adding workouts into my "barre" rotation (it's not really barre, more like TA and barre). I like knowing what to expect in workouts, and the first time I hold back just in case it gets crazy. Second time I know what to expect, so I use my energy accordingly!

I really like this trainer. His name is Tommy Rivs, and he is always talking about geology, teaching us how to speak Portuguese and Spanish, and different nifty facts about our body and it's systems. He is very interesting!

Yesterday we were all just hanging out all morning. I had told DH earlier that Monday and Tuesday we would have to hit the books hard, because we had so much going on last week we didn't do all we need to before CC on Wednesday. About 12:30, I pulled up my calendar, and went "Hey! It's MONDAY!" DH was all "yeah" and I panicked. I thought it was Sunday for some reason... or at least a weekend day! I quick got stuff together to do school. We did not have a productive day of school! HA! DH had the day off so that's what threw me off.

I slept like crap last night, really, really bad. Tonight we are expecting a good snowstorm... anywhere from 3" to a foot of snow. I hate weather predictions! Just try to get it close, please? I am hoping for a good snow so we don't have CC and have an extra week to catch up.

Eventmom: I think LB's goals are just to be a better and more confident rider. I know we will eventually get a donkey or two, and they usually are completely trained, so I want to make sure she can ride the donkey. I'm sure a horse is in her future, whether by us or by herself when she is an adult, so I want her to be a good enough rider that she doesn't get too hurt.

In Westernaires, they learned to give the horse a little kick to get it going, however the horses are usually tired by the end of the day (when we would have rides) and the girls would be sticking out their legs and flinging them down on the horses and yelling "Let's go (insert horse name)". The horses didn't even seem to care. I like that this lady is working on balance and calm, and how to read the horses cues. I guess I am more worried that horses are trained in one way, and she is learning another. I want to make sure she doesn't have to be retrained to ride the horse she's on. I don't even know if that makes sense! Hopefully the basics are all there and she will be good. I like this training type and trainer enough to keep her going with it, I just want to make sure we aren't off on a holistic type training when the majority of the training is old school.

Ebianco: I was thinking of you a lot yesterday! I hope things are taking a turn for the better, and progress is made with your sister I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through
JNL DONE! 5/12/14

Tags
fitprime just right