Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-30-22, 07:05 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

20 min karen voight sleek - off the DVD that was the follow up to her 3 dvd sleek essentials set. I don't think I've done it before - it was pretty good, abs some legs.

We actually made it early to dh surgery. It went as expected, he can now stand up (doesn't have to lay on crutches) so immediate improvement. It will be six weeks before he can return to his normal exercise routine. We're both relieved.

ebianco - definitely some crap eating for me. too much stress, too little sleep behind on my last work project is not a good combination for mindful eating. great job pushing yourself to get back to your workout!

buzzer - I think KV is streaming live classes - but buy a particular class for $12-$15 and only have access for 3 days yikes! but I had wondered what she was up to.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-22, 02:03 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Happy New Years Eve! I can't believe it's the last day of the year

I somewhat made up for my unplanned rest day (missed Iron day 18 glutes) by adding half of this Heather Robertson loop glute workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLxAwXWhA&t=505s) to the start of my total body Iron Day 19 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjSJ...xymJ2&index=19) and a long warm up of Cathe LITE Cardio Party first 20 minutes and long stretch, made my workout about 75 minutes! I figured it's the last day of the year and wanted to go out with a bang. And I did feel my glutes more during the total body after the brief loop workout. So I am releasing myself from feeling behind in my rotation now.

Tomorrow is Iron Day 20 arms/core and it looks like there is lot of plank and supine ab work, a refreshing change of pace!

My holiday weekend is off to a less than optimal start, DH and I had an argument this morning before he had to be gone all day for something with work, so it's kind of a dark cloud hanging over. We hugged and kind of made up before he left so that's good, but the argument definitely brought to light some of our longstanding disagreements. I know every marriage has some sore spots, and it's not the end of the world, but they're still there, you know?

On the plus side, I have pretty much the whole day to myself which I love. I got in an extra long workout, I'm walking on the treadmill, I have some errands lined up, going to sit down and really enjoy my food, etc. I wouldn't usually give it a second thought but between the argument this morning and it being new years eve, I feel a little depressed.

Eventmom I'm so glad to hear your DH's surgery was successful!! And he is already seeing improvements. That is a huge relief!!

That is very interesting about Karen Voight! I just checked out her site too because why not. To the surprise of no one she still looks phenomenal!!

Buzzer waves!
Old 12-31-22, 02:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Bar Method Designer Sculpting - yep one of the very original ones. I had the set of two when they were first released. Sold them for $$$ when I got into TA and picked this up either cheap or stw - sometimes these easier slow ones are just right

And today I woke up with a horrendous migraine, which is why I went the old easy bar method workout. No surprise that this happened - let down migraines are real. We aren't 100% with DH's back issues (he can't drive) and the bathroom (still have a few final things to get done) but we passed major milestones with both of these.

ebianco - so sorry that you had an argument but enjoy your day. No relationship is perfect but it sounds like you two worked through what you could in the time you had and that's the best you can do. Yeah, Karen looks incredible!

hi buzzer!
Old 01-01-23, 11:42 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year 2023!

I finished my workout week today with Iron Day 20, tricep/core/bicep and it was a toughie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Xy...xymJ2&index=20). There was a lot of plank work right after the triceps and my arms were killing me! My main DOMS from yesterday is shoulders and glutes, my shoulders were already so sore even before I started the workout and the plank work totally burned them out. The biceps were tough too. I warmed up with my Firm Volume 6 cardio, and extended stretch for a 65 minute workout.

Eventmom I'm sorry to hear you started your new year with a huge migraine I have a couple of Bar Method workouts I really like, not originals I don't think but a couple with Burr and the advanced one which I haven't touched in a long time but used to really tackle with zeal during my barre rotations.

Buzzer waves!
Old 01-01-23, 06:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Happy New Year!

Fitprime Lean then the boho beautiful free workout after I rode my horse.

another migraine day, not unusual given what's going on. FP lean is good for these days.

ebianco - yeah migraines suck. you got in a great workout! Burr is great in all the videos! I had the super advanced one but got rid of it - honestly I never got noticeable results from just doing barre (like bar method) but I got results from TA (and Joyce Vedral). but despite not getting results from bar method etc. I like having them around. I'm not always physically up for TA.

hi buzzer !
Old 01-04-23, 09:10 AM  
Buzzer

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Rest days... DONE!
Ran/walked on treadmill on fishing piers and beaches.. DONE!
TTapp arms, 20 minutes done.
Joyce Definition basic programs arms and abs... DONE!

So I ran/walked on the treadmill with my favorite trainer. He does history, geology and information like a tour guide on the walks/runs I do with him. He told stories and it was just fun. We ran out on piers where fishermen were, and saw lots of fun big waves. It was a "tempo" run, so 30 seconds run, 90 seconds walk. I ran at 4.5mph (up from 4.2 I have been doing at steady state running), and walked at 3.3mph. I went about 1.8 miles with him, running 18 times (so a total of 9 minutes). Then in the cool down, I still had energy so I did an additional 6, 30 second runs. So a total of 12 minutes running. It was great! I didn't feel beat up, or over tired, or even really out of breath. It was so nice. He told a story about how he was running so much he gave himself a stress fracture. He didn't back off enough, so he ended up with a spiral fracture. That's when he learned that walk/run was just as good as running, it was the mileage not the pace. The story was longer and more in depth, however it was really good and made me (and hopefully others) realize that even though I'm running slow and walking, I am covering the miles and that's what is important. Not how fast you cover them, but that you do it.

Yesterday I thought I'd do Ttapp arms. I started it, did the warmup (which is the basic workout), and started the arms. I just didn't feel it. It reminded me of TA arms, but slower. So I pulled that workout after 20 minutes, and put in definition. I did the basic workout, which was push/pull muscles, pyramided. It was so fast, but really good! I enjoyed it. I went too heavy on my biceps/triceps and didn't finish the pyramid, however I still worked out a lot. My heart rate was up and I really felt the workout! Today my chest is a little sore (did 12, 12, 15 pyramid on that one), my biceps are sore (did 10, 12, 12 pyramid on that one! Slower than Joyce for sure) and my triceps are sore. I slept weird on my right elbow and it's sore today. I'm sure the workout has something to do with that too!

The abs were OK. 5 sets of two exercises, 15 reps each. It was boring. I did the sort workouts of each of these Joyce workouts. I think my muscles are sore because I haven't lifted heavier in quite a few weeks... probably since November ish! It was good though. Today is another run!! Well, jog. But I like to call it a run.

Ebianco: I hate it when I am getting ready for a nice, relaxing day ALONE (which doesn't happen enough that I can act like it's no big deal) and we have an argument. Or even a disagreement. It kinda puts this stress on the whole day instead of relaxing and enjoying myself. It's like a bug in the back of your mind all day, keeping you from winding down. Sorry that happened to you

Eventmom and Ebianco: I, of course, had to go look at Karen Voights website too, and see! HA! She does look great! I also was looking at Kelly Coffey Meyers website, because she is releasing a new workout. I was wondering if it would be for me, however it's a cardio boxing type workout, and I wouldn't do it. I was hoping it would be a weights workout. She said if this one sells out, she will do other workouts on DVD, so hopefully it does without my help, and she does a weight workout! I was surprised at Karen Voight. I don't know... I guess I expected her to look older? She looked great!

Eventmom: hopefully you woke up without a migraine today. I'm glad your DH is getting better! I love the immediate results after the surgery. That is always a positive thing! I hope it just keeps getting better and better for him!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 12:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started my workout week with Iron Day 21, quads/calves and Caroline finally introduced the step! She used the step for many variations of very slow, unweighted step ups which I definitely felt. Her step is much taller than mine, I'm just using the Firm Fanny Lifter which I thought ay not be challenging enough but yes, it is for now at least. I wasn't able to go as slow as her! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTD...xymJ2&index=23) She only uses the step in two of the Iron workouts, just this week and again next Wednesday, and I was really looking forward to it. I definitely felt the burnout in my quads and the variety of the step was especially nice in this admittedly somewhat drier down to basics series. Like last time that she worked calves, I did the quad/inner thigh focus leg raises with my barre loop and really felt the burnout.

I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't bummed that New Years came and went without ANY word, even a tease, from Caroline on whatever she is planning, even if it is a new app, subscription, whatever! I think a lot of people were thinking New Year was the obvious time she would come back, after being gone for five months! (she did put out one workout two months ago, but still, that feels like an eternity on youtube!)

Tomorrow is a very tough looking chest/back then glutes on Friday, total body Saturday, and shoulders Sunday. Just this week and next week to go for the Iron series! If Caroline doesn't put anything new out by then, I'm likely to do a Iron/Fuel hybrid or maybe attempt Epic 3 if I'm feeling bold.

Eventmom I hope you are doing better with your migraines! I agree TA works things a little differently (and effectively) compared to barre, although I got great results from barre when I did it exclusively, especially in the lower body. I just can't get the upper body results unless I'm doing heavy weight it seems. And for me core area is mostly diet related, when my diet is on point I've seen results there with barre, Cathe, Caroline, etc. (or not, right now after that holiday weight )

Buzzer Your walks with the informative geology and such sound really fun!! Is that a youtube thing or do you have DVDs?

Argh yea so you understand about a disagreement and how it puts a shadow on the whole day! Thankfully it has blown over now.

That may be a reason I've never gotten into Kelly Coffey Meyers because she's just so into the boxing, and I'm just not really interested in that. I like some kickboxing or some easier to follow boxing as part of hi-lo, but not just standing there doing a 20-punch sequence that I have to remember, and also don't feel like I'm doing much at the same time! I didn't even look at Mary's site for the new year sale. I'm just so invested in youtube workouts right now, and feel like I've purchased all the workouts I'm even a little interested in! With that said, I guess I did put in the preorder for STS 2 LOL. I really do want to keep supporting the instructors that keep putting out DVDs. One of these days I may purchase some Jessica Smith or Gina B workouts for the same reason.
Old 01-04-23, 03:47 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hello!

Monday - TA 2.7 day 1 + gina b walk 20 min I think
Yesterday- Jacquelyn gentle barre sculpt
today - TA 2.7 day 2 + fitprime dance moves

This TA level is super hard for me. One move you roll up onto your feet and side kick. Literally can't do it without using my hands. I will not get up to 30 reps on this one, probably not even if I did this level 100 times (LOL).

the migraine is really hanging on - it's not so terrible today but yesterday was bad again.

buzzer - dh is now walking around the house without crutches! yea! I've owned one KCM that I found at a thrift store and ended up on share the wealth. She's a good instructor but I didn't click with her I guess. Those sort of walk/runs are very interval no wonder they work so well.

ebianco - I do pretty well with just TA but I'm probably going to throw in a Joyce week soon. TA pretty well ignores chest work. She hits upper back pretty well but I like how Joyce works the back. I don't think you are the only one wondering what Caroline is doing!
Old 01-05-23, 11:44 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today was Iron Day 22, chest and back (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnHS...xymJ2&index=23) which I really enjoyed. I really felt like I've gained strength in my back while doing one arm back rows! Within the last few months I upped my weight to a 45# kettlebell which was very, very heavy but more recently I've noticed it feels lighter (by comparison from where I started). So for kicks I used my 54# kettlebell today for just a few reps, certainly not the majority of work LOL. And it was doable! I used the 54# for maybe first 30% of reps in the minute set before going to the 45# one each set. The chest was very good too.

My legs, especially my quads but also my glutes, have insane DOMS from the quad/calves/step workout yesterday I anticipate I am really going to be struggling through the glute workout tomorrow.

Eventmom I agree that sounds like a super tough TA move!

I'm glad your DH continues to improve!!

Buzzer waves!
Old 01-06-23, 08:59 AM  
Buzzer

Joyce Definition, just the basic programs.. DONE!
Walked 15k steps to and from a parade... DONE!

I did all three: lower, upper and the bonus abs. It was good! It wasn't too stressful and was over quick. The lower body was two different exercises done in a pyramid. Four exercises all together. Not too painful! The upper body was the one I did before, and believe it or not my upper body was STILL sore from doing it two days before! I did it anyhow, but with lower weights. Today, the next day, my arms are still sore. Especially my bis/tris. Shoulders not so much, and chest not as much as last time. Good workout though! The abs were boring... 5 sets of two different exercises done 15 times. I couldn't get into that very much.

It was a good workout though. Afterwards, LB and I went to a friends house in Denver and walked to the Stock Show Parade. The walk, according to her, was about 40 minutes. Well, an hour or more later we were there! Then another hour + walk back. I got 15k steps yesterday... I'd say that it was more than 40 minutes! HA! It was a good walk though. The kids did fine (as fine as kids can do on a walk that is over an hour long each way) and it was a good add on for my workout. Not a strenuous walk, more of a slower walk, but good.

The parade was cool! They had some longhorns they "herded" through the street... only like 10 or so, but it was cool. Lots of horses! LB loved that. Also a turkey in a cage on a wagon (which was funny), goats, a donkey (LB loved that!), mini horses, lots of big, beautiful horses... it was really fun. Only about 30 minutes long though, for all that walking!!

LB and I went out to eat afterwards, and then crashed at home. My christmas cards finally arrived, luckily we put Otis in a "Happy New Year" hat so they can still apply. We just fell behind this year!!

Ebianco: DH sprung for this fancy schmancy treadmill that has a monitor attached to it, and something called "iFit". So it's all attached to the treadmill! The "trainer" controls your treadmill for speed and incline/decline, and you just go along and run/walk/jog. It's fun! I usually override the trainer and go at my speed. The "trainer" usually goes faster or slower than I do! This one the trainer ran at 6.2mph, and I was running at 4.5. He walked at 2.5 and I walked at 3.3. So I figure we balanced each other out
It was worth every penny though. I was kinda "what the heck?" when he got it, now I use it more than anyone. I want to put LB on it for some of the history walks, and to see other countries. I learn so much!

I am in awe of your back rows! That's lots of weight! Great job there! Although, mentioning kettlebells made me think "I haven't done that in a long time! I should do kettlebells again!" HA! This is why I am no good at rotations! (well, one of many reasons!).
I like KCM for her 30 minute workouts (she packs a lot into 30 minutes!) and her weight workouts. I don't like kickboxing at all! I tried, I really did. I gave kickboxing a good try, even liked it for a while. Now I just dread it so much. SO much.

Eventmom: I am so glad to hear of your DH's progress! That's amazing! Hopefully it's all downhill from here!
You got me thinking about TA again. I'm glad I have been! I really have liked the ones I have done. I thought I was going to do a barre rotation, but I think it's ending up being a TA rotation! I am kinda dreading the "plies" of barre that sometimes are endless. TA does floor work and moves that don't make me dread them, so I guess she is kinda barre like without endless plies!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime just right