Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-22, 10:38 AM  
wendug

Erica- You could give the step workout a try and see if it bothers your foot. It is all basic stepping moves- no pivots or crazy moves to twist your foot.

I have some motivation to try to not go crazy with the holiday sweets. Just before Halloween I had noticed my jeans were a bit snug. I hadn't weighed myself in a while since our scales batteries were dead. I bought some batteries, I weighed myself, and was shocked at the number I saw. I had lost about 30 pounds around 5 years ago and slowly gained it all back. So I dialed in my diet and have been very good about not eating sweets. I've lost 16 pounds in about 6 weeks and my jeans fit again. So wish me luck with the holiday baking... I will have to try the cookies, but hopefully I won't eat too many.
Old 12-04-22, 06:30 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Chris & Edi- 40 Minute Upper Body Build. Yep, my arms are fried. Great workout.
Old 12-04-22, 06:35 PM  
gigi

Welcome back Erica! It must be exciting to have your kids coming back home. Try not to stress and don't expect perfection from yourself. Enjoy the moments with your family! I should have checked out DB's on cyber Monday. I want a pair of 35's, and eventually a 40, 45, and a 50.

Tonight I did Cathe Live 406 Core-Tensive Strength & Conditioning. I liked it quit a lot. Here is my plan for the week if I can stick to it:

M: CDorner Fitness 40 Minute Kickboxing Workout
T: Cathe Live #416 Fast & Fierce Lower Body - only 30 minutes
W: Cathe Live #414 Fasit & Fierce Upper Body - only 30 minutes
Th: CDorner Fitness Tabata Step Old School Hip Hop Style

I reserve my right to totally change my plan, especially the cardio days only.
Old 12-04-22, 06:54 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today's workout- Chris & Edi- 40 Minute Upper Body Build. Yep, my arms are fried. Great workout.
I did this yesterday and really liked it. Especially the end when the little dog was jumping all over Edi during those tough iso bicep holds!

Great job on the weight loss. That is really impressive. I maintained a pretty big weight loss for a long time until I had the foot surgery a year ago. I've gained quite a bit this year and don't have the willpower to go back to the strict dieting/exercise routine I had before. My daughter and I used to wear the same size jeans so I gave her all my jeans and have been living in leggings.

Angela - I like your plan!

Today was Dumbbell LEG workout | Quads, Hamstrings & Glutes Workout | Force Series DanielPT. I love this workout. I skip the floorwork at the end and sub bulgarian lunges. I'm terrible at them - I try them unweighted and with weights but never feel like my form is right.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-22, 08:58 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I did this yesterday and really liked it. Especially the end when the little dog was jumping all over Edi during those tough iso bicep holds!

Great job on the weight loss. That is really impressive. I maintained a pretty big weight loss for a long time until I had the foot surgery a year ago. I've gained quite a bit this year and don't have the willpower to go back to the strict dieting/exercise routine I had before. My daughter and I used to wear the same size jeans so I gave her all my jeans and have been living in leggings.

Today was Dumbbell LEG workout | Quads, Hamstrings & Glutes Workout | Force Series DanielPT. I love this workout. I skip the floorwork at the end and sub bulgarian lunges. I'm terrible at them - I try them unweighted and with weights but never feel like my form is right.

Erica
Erica, I JUST previewed this workout today. I may need to change my plan.
Old 12-04-22, 09:07 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

Erica
Yes, that little dog is so cute! Thanks for your kind words on the weight loss. In the beginning you can drop some pounds easily, but as time goes on the weight loss slows down. I'm just happy my clothes are fitting better.
And I always wonder about my form on Bulgarian lunges, too. I've watched some tutorials on form on YT and found that there is conflicting info out there on foot placement (on the ground) with how far away from the bench it should be.
Old 12-05-22, 01:28 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Erica, I JUST previewed this workout today. I may need to change my plan.
That was fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I'm just happy my clothes are fitting better.

And I always wonder about my form on Bulgarian lunges, too. I've watched some tutorials on form on YT and found that there is conflicting info out there on foot placement (on the ground) with how far away from the bench it should be.
Having clothes that fit is a big deal! It must feel so good to be back in your clothes comfortably. For me, that bothers me way more than the number on the scale. I loved my clothes and how I felt in them and now nothing fits. I hate shopping and don't want to spend the money on a whole new wardrobe when I loved the clothes I had.

Bulgarian lunges - 3 of my kids work out and they all do bulgarian lunges with absolutely perfect form. When they're home and I see them exercise, I'm very motivated to get my form right but I don't think I ever do. I should try them in front of a mirror and see if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong. Or maybe my body just doesn't work that way. ETA- Caroline uses different foot placement on the ground during her workouts. Also, I won five free small Dairy Queen blizzards today (getting vouchers in the mail - this goes with the weight loss paragraph).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 05:19 PM  
gigi

Wendy, congrats on the clothes fitting better. It is dark and rainy. I'm not working out. I WILL workout T, W, Th. Sigh...
Old 12-05-22, 06:29 PM  
wendug

Angela- It can be hard to be motivated to workout when it is dark & rainy (or dark so early). There's always tomorrow.

Erica- I haven't had a blizzard in YEARS! Our only DQ is in the mall food court and I rarely brave the mall (besides anchor stores) and definitely not the food court. I think ice cream over the summer is what caused me to gain weight. My dh kept asking for me to pick it up at the store and well, when it was in our freezer it was too tempting to stay away from.

Today's workout- DC Fitt- 40 Min. HIIT Resistance Band Workout- Tabata. Again, I wanted to mix things up and tried this workout. I broke 2 of my minibands! They are quite old and I'm not surprised. I had picked up a new set on clearance a couple of months ago so was able to switch over to those. One band went flying over by my dog Gertie and she freaked out and hid in the bedroom. It didn't even hit her but I think she was sleeping and the sound woke her up abruptly! Poor pup!
Old 12-06-22, 05:46 PM  
gigi

It was another dark, rainy, cold day but I worked out. I did Cathe Live #416 Fast & Fierce Lower Body. This was very cardiovascular and kept moving. I liked it a lot and I love having a warm up and workout in 30 minutes. Cathe was in the last week of filming for STS 2.0 and you can tell that she is tired. She also looked like her shoulders were tight. She did several of the exercises without weight. I'm glad I was able to "just do it."

I have cried a lot on and off today. I really miss my mom.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts