Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-28-22, 07:55 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
So today's workout was...interesting. I did Eleni Fit- 45 Min. Intense Cardio HIIT Dance Workout. I don't know why I didn't change the workout. I think I subbed more moves than actually doing her moves. It was definitely more dance inspired than athletic. A whole lot of booty shaking and moves that didn't seem to do much. Lesson learned to skip Eleni Fit workouts. A big thumbs down.
LOL! I actually saved it due to your post. I think it looks kind of fun and different. Good job on your workouts.

I did not workout today. I was so tired. I wrote some Christmas cards and watched a couple of episodes of a series that I'm watching on Amazon Prime. I am having DOMS from Cathe's Live Back and Bi's. My goal:
Tomorrow:Cardio/Mobility
Wednesday: Cathe's Live Chest & Tri's (Lift It, Split It)
Thursday: Cardio/Abs

I have a fun but busy weekend coming up after I survive this week!

Erica, I hope you are having a great time with your family!
Old 11-28-22, 08:40 PM  
gigi

I changed my mind. My workout goals for the rest of this week are:
Tomorrow: Lift It, Split It Chest & Tri's with a short cardio after
Wed: Cardio/Mobility
Thurs: Cathe Live #406 Core-Tensive Strenth & Conditioning
Old 11-28-22, 09:26 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
LOL! I actually saved it due to your post. I think it looks kind of fun and different.
Lol. Enjoy the half-burpee with booty shakes!
Old 11-29-22, 06:25 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- DC Fitt- 40 minute Upper Body & Cardio Core Workout. Had to go lighter than usual with this one as there were so many reps!

Angela- Nice planning for your week. I'm bad about scheduling workouts. I have an idea of what I want to do (weights/cardio/etc.), but I usually see how I feel that day to decide.

Erica- Hope you are doing well. I miss seeing you post!
Old 11-30-22, 06:57 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Today's workout- DC Fitt- 40 minute Upper Body & Cardio Core Workout. Had to go lighter than usual with this one as there were so many reps!

Angela- Nice planning for your week. I'm bad about scheduling workouts. I have an idea of what I want to do (weights/cardio/etc.), but I usually see how I feel that day to decide.

Erica- Hope you are doing well. I miss seeing you post!
Yes, it was a nice plan but I got home late both on Monday and Tuesday so I did not workout.

Tonight I finally did Cathe Live #419 Lift It Split It Chest & Tri's followed by Fit by Rick Low Impact Body Combat Walking, finishing with Michele Briehler Stretches for Low Back Pain & Tight Hips. I needed to move tonight. I can't believe how tight my hips can get when I do not workout for a few days.
Old 12-01-22, 06:12 PM  
wendug

Angela- Yeah, it's unfortunate when things don't go as planned and you can't get in your workout. But that happens to all of us at some time or another.

Today's workout- DC Fitt- 40 Minute Cardio Kickboxing. Fun workout- I've done this one before.
Old 12-02-22, 06:25 PM  
wendug

I did a short workout today as I got home later than expected from Christmas shopping. I did Penny Barnshaw- 30 Min. Lower Body Max Out- Strength & Cardio. I had saved this to my YT list some time ago and just now got around to doing it. I liked this workout. I'm kind of hit or miss with Penny's workouts, but this one is good.
Old 12-03-22, 10:37 AM  
Erica H.

Hi Wendy and Angela!

I've been reading and wanted to thank you for posting. I love seeing the workouts you're doing. Kids left last week and my daughter is coming home Friday for winter break and then two sons are coming home and then my oldest son with his girlfriend. I'm trying to get as much Christmas stuff done before everyone comes home and have been really stressed/busy.

I ordered a 45 lb. dumbbell on cyberMonday and got it on Thursday and love it.

I've been using mostly Caroline, Daniel PT, Chris and Edi, and sometimes Tiff/Dan. Today was Chris and Edi 40 MIN UPPER BODY BUILD WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS | Strength + Muscle Building and I liked it a lot. Their workouts are very slow and controlled and I can go heavy, which I like. They also hit all the muscle groups evenly but I really prefer spending more time on the bigger muscle groups and less on the smaller ones.

Hope you are both having a wonderful weekend. Super windy here right now and I'm worried about losing power.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 06:21 PM  
wendug

Erica- It's nice to see you posting! Wow! A 45 pound dumbbell. Congrats! I would definitely need to work on my hand strength before working with something that heavy. Sounds like you have some busy days planned before your kids return. Good luck on getting things done before they arrive!

Angela- I hope you are enjoying the fun weekend you had planned!

Today's workout- DC Fitt- HIIT Step Cardio Crush. I haven't done step in a while and have never done one of DC Fitt's step workouts, so I decided to give one a try. It was tough, but fun! Most step workouts I do teach a combo that you either TIFT or run through a few times and move on. This workout is done circuit style with 3 step moves and one strength move with either dumbbells or body weight incorporating the step. I feel like I got a nice cardio burn with this workout.

I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit yet this year. I did bring out my vintage ceramic Christmas tree with the plastic peg lights (remember those?). But that's all I have out. I still need to bring out Christmas stuff from the attic but haven't been motivated to do so. I think once I start my Christmas cookie baking I'll get more in the spirit. Now let's hope I don't eat too many of the cookies I bake!
Old 12-03-22, 06:41 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
I think once I start my Christmas cookie baking I'll get more in the spirit. Now let's hope I don't eat too many of the cookies I bake!
This is why I avoid baking as much as possible. I have absolutely no willpower with baked goods. Zero. I always gain a ridiculous amount of weight during the holiday season from having so many treats in the house for a long time.

I'm struggling with getting into the Christmas spirit but feel obligated since I don't want to let my family down.

The step workout looks good. I wonder if I can do step now after my foot surgery. I should try it sometime.

So far I've only used the 45 lb. dumbbell for goblet/sumo squats, rows, and pullovers. Not sure if I can do it for chest press. Right now I use 40s with 1 lb. wrist weights but I don't know if I can get into position safely with a 45.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts