Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 07-22-16, 11:53 PM  
videofit

Trader Joe's thread

Our last thread expired so thought I'd start a new one since TJ always has new stuff coming in.

The only new thing I bought recently was molten butterscotch macarons. An addition to their chocolate version. Both excellent but I barely heat till warm because I fear burning my mouth.
Old 07-23-16, 01:26 PM  
Orlita

Love their dehydrated broccoli snacks. I think they're pretty new.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 01:57 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

The old thread never expired. It simply hasn't received any new posts since April, and therefore most people won't see it immediately if they use the default VF settings. At the time of this post, I had to go to "Last 100 Days" to see it.

This post is not at all meant to steer people to post in the old thread--I instead wanted to say that the old thread hasn't disappeared if anyone wants to see anything in it.

Ever changing Everything Trader Joe's Thread
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 10:12 AM  
sherry7899

The store is overrun with mango items now....I'm not a fan of key lime really, but I noticed they now have a frozen key lime pie. I think that is new. I saw it this morning.

I tried a new item-peanut butter and strawberry jelly bars. I thought they were quite good.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 01:44 PM  
videofit

I think I tried their key lime pie last time they had it. I am not a fan of it no matter how it's made. Too sweet and sour at the same time which might be its appeal to some. I am gluten free so no pies for me. I'd love to try those mango squares. They look like the lemon squares.

Want to put in a plug for their heavy whipping cream in the bottle, not the carton. It's so much better than the ultrapasteurized supermarket cream. Tastes fresh and whips up in only a few seconds. I eat some almost every day with my berries: 3 T cream, 1.5 t. sugar. It makes a lot of whipped cream for one person, covers ten large strawberries thickly.
Old 07-26-16, 10:00 PM  
sherry7899

videofit-thanks for the heads up on the whipping cream. I may get it to make a homemade birthday dessert for a friend.

I'm not a fan of lime either. I don't mind it as a subtle flavor with other flavors, but I don't like it alone.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 06:12 PM  
videofit

Their Gluten free Buttermilk Pancake Mix is very good. I was pleasantly surprised. With melted butter and pure maple syrup it's like dessert for me.
Old 08-14-16, 08:59 AM  
cyana

I've mentioned TJ's frozen riced cauliflower previously. DH and I made stuffed bell peppers for dinner last night and instead of using a grain (such as rice), we sauteed the riced cauliflower (straight from the freezer) in with the onions and added it to the stuffing mixture and it worked fine.

I was in TJ's last week and noticed they now sell riced fresh cauliflower, also. It's really easy to do in the food processor, and more economical, but the frozen is handy for last minute use.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 04:26 PM  
videofit

On another forum someone posted a pic of her favorite TJ dessert -- lemon meringue tarts. I've never even seen it sold in my TJ stores. It looks so good! I'll have to ask about it. They do have key lime tarts which I don't care for.
Old 09-03-16, 05:02 PM  
videofit

If you like Alden's organic salted caramel ice cream at $7.99 at Sprouts Market, I swear they must make the Trader Joe's version for far less.

Tags
trader joe's