Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 01-12-11, 10:12 PM  
chrisaerobics

Wanna see something retro?

Hiya folks,

Check out something hip and cool!!!

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...risleotard.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...s/S4010015.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...s/S4010012.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...s/S4010011.jpg

Pictures of me wearing my leotard, tights, slouch socks, and avia aerobic cross training sneakers.

I am doing aerobics, and performing different exercises, as you can see.

Warmly yours,

"You can do it! Always! You know you can! I know you can!"
chrisaerobics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:31 PM  
marmalade

Love your retro look, chrisaerobics! Fabulous!

I once had a leotard in a similar chevron stripe. Over twenty-five years ago, more or less, but still. I also had a gorgeous one in teal, with adjustable sides, so you could make it REALLY high on the hips. All the way to the ribs.

So hot.

Especially with the slouch socks.

Yes.

Fabu!
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:33 PM  
saffron

ooookay
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-11, 11:39 PM  
sjazz78

Hey Chris,
I have to say you bring back some memeories.. I notice your location as New Jersey. I used to live in the "Tri State" area. Norwalk Connecticut to more specific. Anyway , do you remember Caldors department store? That was where I used to get a lot of my workout gear including the slouch socks and and even the suspender type leotards. Had a few in different colors too (tee hee).
Thanks for bringing back the memories.
Old 01-12-11, 11:55 PM  
chrisaerobics

Hiya marmalade & sjazz78,

Thank you both so much for your sweet and nice comments!

Marmalade, I'm so glad that you think I'm hot in that outfit. I wonder where you got both of your leotards, and who designed them? Would love to get both of those or a similar style for myself. You are so sweet marmalade!

sjazz78, it's my pleasure to bring to you back some great memories. I love sharing mine with you, and the rest of the folks on here. Nice to see that we used to live in the same area. Things like that that we got in common makes us friends for life. Yeah I remember Caldor's Dept. Stores. They had some nice exercise gear and stuff. I wish I could have bought the leotards and slouch socks back in the day before they closed down. Oh well though, at least I got a several drawers full of leotards, tights, leg warmers, slouch socks, headbands, you name it. Plus 11 pairs of sneakers at the moment, but, I ordered three more with the money I got as an Xmas present. So I'm in exercise heaven. You are also so sweet sjazz78!

Am I allowed to post more pictures of me in my retro aerobic wear? Can we all come to think of it?

If you need a flashback of great times down memory lane, always come to me.

Bless you folks.

Warmly yours,

Old 01-13-11, 12:13 AM  
marmalade

You are way, way too young (or at least look way, way too young!) for this to be memory lane for you! Which makes it all the more fabu.

Myself, I have no idea where I got my chevron-stripe leotard, or the teal one, it was so long ago...

You are SO allowed to post whatever you want, Chris! Have fun, go for it. I am not going to post any of me in any of my old leotards, though, even if I did still have them, which I don't, seriously.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 12:19 AM  
chrisaerobics

Hey marmalade.

I am 28 going on 29 this year, and I do remember wearing these all the time in the 80's and 90's. I guess this must be one of life's rarest things. LOL.

Actually, I think it would have been very cool to see you in your old leotards if you did still have them. But, since you do not have them anymore, oh well. Sigh.

You are the best.

Bless you always. Let's keep in touch.

All my warmth,

Old 01-13-11, 11:10 AM  
moonbeam31

Wow! Chris- I got a kick outa that! It is nice to see you! You go! I used to love getting all dressed up for aerobics class back in 1989 when I was a sophamore in HS! Tights, leotard, slouch socks ,high-top reeboks, shorts to wear over untilil class starts,-fun! It was fun!
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 11:48 AM  
Lorianne

Chris & marmalade, I too had a striped leotard. very much like Chris's
only mine was in the hot pink's & fuschia colors. & I thought I was so darn hot with my purple leg warmers.
I bought some LA Gear's that were supposedly designed or made by/for Michael Jackson. anybody have those?? these tacky silver laces & black, studded all over with rhinestones. LOL....bet you all are drooling with jealousy. paid alot of $ for them. hard to believe this is around 20 years ago! at least?
brought me back to memory lane.
you rock Chris thanks for sharing.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 08:47 PM  
RoccoLuv

I still do step aerobics on that step bench you have in the pictures!!!

My striped leotard was pink & grey. I wore it with pink tights, but with day-glo orange leg warmers??????

Great pics Chris!!
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote