Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-23, 10:22 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did the rest of CH: Cardio Round Up and some of CHE: Rope & Ride. I made it to over 5,800 steps for the day.

I've thought about what I would like to do for a rotation, and what I have so far is 2 or 3 days of heavy-ish weights, 2 days of cardio (either kickboxing or something more gentle, like Country Heat if I'm tired and can't get myself to do more), and 2 days of Ellen, or something like her that is gentle and stretchy. I think something like this would be ideal.

For the heavy weights I'm thinking about either using Chalean Extreme with weights that are not quite as heavy as she intends (if I go too heavy, I don't think it would be sustainable, since having done the program with very heavy weights, it's very taxing and takes a lot out of you), or KCM's Muscle Up or Cathe's Slow & Heavy (which I own, but have never used). I'm thinking about either one day of upper body and abs and one day of total body, or just following the Chalean Extreme rotation which is a 3-day split. For the cardio and Ellen days, I'd try to limit myself to 30 minutes a day. For the strength training I'd be willing to do 30-45 minutes a day.

I'm still working out the details. I'm trying to be realistic, so I hope that I can actually do this. I still seem to have a bit of a cold (I still haven't tested positive for covid) so I'm not 100% health-wise, but my bigger concern is that I am so out of shape, right now I can't imagine being in good enough shape to do a serious rotation. I guess you have to start some where. Still working on it.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! I know all those tests are a pain, but as you have said, it's better to do them and know your results than not. It's raining here and quite dreary outside right now, but, unfortunately, I need to run out to the store. Have a great day!

Hi, Nora!