Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-27-21, 08:10 AM  
Terry

Amazon Fails to Deliver a DVD

My exercise DVD order was returned by Amazon. The message indicates that a problem occurred during delivery so the package was returned to Amazon and the order was cancelled.

The package tracking info show this:

Wednesday, February 24
9:29 AM Your package is being returned to Amazon.
6:09 AM Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Wilmer, Texas US

Wilmer TX is 20 miles NE of my town; That DVD was SO CLOSE!

There is no other info, and this was the only DVD left in stock when I ordered it. Has this happened to anybody else?

Shipping the package back from Amazon to Amazon three and a half hours after delivery makes no sense.
*If it was damaged, then why ship it back to a different Amazon facility rather than trash it?
*Did they ship it back to the person/company who produced it and if so, why?
*If it wasn't damaged, why could they not continue the shipment to my house just 20 miles away? We receive deliveries from Amazon all the time.
*Why not say, "OOOPS! Sorry. We will re-send." instead of cancelling my order? I didn't want my order cancelled.

I guess I am over-the-top annoyed because for some reason, I thought I was never going to get to see this DVD. I've had orders cancelled, about 5 times over many years, due to something being listed as available that was actually not available. For some reason I felt strongly that this would happen again, so maybe I am finally psychic and should celebrate LOL!
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 08:19 AM  
sherry7899

I ordered a Stevie Nicks concert blu ray that was supposed to arrive on 2/25. It was sent by UPS. It looks like UPS does not even have the package yet. It just says "arriving late." No kidding! I really wanted to watch it (special meaning to me). I hope the tracking updates later today.

I am sorry your package is in limbo. When I had that happen it was because the package was somehow damaged in route.

Which DVD was it?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 08:24 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am sorry your package is in limbo. When I had that happen it was because the package was somehow damaged in route.
This. My package too was damaged enroute and it was automatically returned to Amazon without ever making its way to me.
Old 02-27-21, 08:29 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I ordered a Stevie Nicks concert blu ray that was supposed to arrive on 2/25. It was sent by UPS. It looks like UPS does not even have the package yet. It just says "arriving late." No kidding!
Which DVD was it?
It's a 2020/2021 thaaaang!
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 08:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

I'm sorry...that stinks.

Non Amazon delivery experience..ups had our pkg for 3 days...then it switched to usps. Then usps had fun with it for awhile and it finally got here with ups labels partially removed and usps labels affixed over.

Mail delivery has gotten So WEIRD!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 09:10 AM  
MathTeacher

I sold 4 DVDs on eBay on the 19th. I mailed them on the 20th. The USPS tracking showed they left my post office on the 20th then NOTHING until the 26th. Three of them left Memphis and the 4th has no new tracking. I hope the people who bought the DVDs get them soon and take mercy on me when they leave their feedback.

I had such high hopes for 2021.
Old 02-27-21, 09:22 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I ordered a book from Amazon back on February 11th. I was supposed to receive it on February 14th via post office. It got caught up in Oklahoma City during the deep freeze and there's been no tracking update on it since February 13th. Who knows what's happened to it?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 09:59 AM  
katalina

I wish Amazon would use boxes or at least bubble envelops. DVD cases arrive cracked/crushed/damaged, DVDs loose and sometimes scratched. I ordered some boxes of Pad Thai last month and all the boxes were crushed and the contents were loose in the flimsy envelop. I think twice before ordering from them these days.
katalina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 10:51 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

this happened with DH who purchased a board game recently. status was "in process" since early January, and only when he had inquired about it in mid-February did they update the status as cancelled! it was a 3rd party seller. when DH opened a chat with an Amazon rep, the rep asked if DH wanted to re-order it, and DH declined since it might get stuck again.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 06:03 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Sorry that happened to you Terry. I wanted the new SuperModel Series from Ballet Beautiful. I didn't want to pay the $6 shipping BB would charge, but I ordered anyway. (Came in a box with all kinds of packing). I figured if I ordered from Amazon it might come: as a Dvd-r or scratched. Sometime back the 10 Minute Solution Dvds I ordered from Amazon had a weird film over them. The Linda/Barlate Dvds always came as Dvd-rs even if Mary sold them as Dvds.

Tags
amazon, shipping issues