Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-14-21, 07:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up taking my Golden for a walk - my daughter was busy all weekend w/ friends - which made me very happy! I'm not quite sure how to describe her personality - introverted and socially anxious/awkward, so she does not have many friends - but she has 3 good ones - however, one of them is moving to CA (her Dad had to relocate for work). So it was a somewhat sad time for her. They are all heading their separate ways for college anyway, but at least if they were all in the area they would see each other over breaks, etc. I did tell her CA friend that she is welcome to stay w/ us over any breaks though. And I have told my DD she can go out to CA to visit. It is just a hard transitional time for all of us - normal, good stuff, but like all changes a bit rough at times.

Anyway - I also did a Power Stretch from the new Faithful Workouts site -thanks for the tip on it, Carol - for some reason Michelle's e-mails ended up in my Spam folder.... There was live music in this one so it was enjoyable - a bit of strength work too w/ a circular band.

Today, so far, has been:

Gina B - Up to the Beat - Retro Dance Workout - 80's music. This was fun and do-able even for non-dancers.

Blogilates - Beautiful Body Pilates Workout - I lucked out in this one - Cassey took it a bit slower - there was work for abs, lower body and arms - it was about 15 minutes. Cassey appears somewhat frivolous but she is a very smart woman - she has certainly built up her business! And, I remember reading how her parents wanted her to be pre-med but she wanted to go her own way - it certainly does speak to "do what you love" and you will never have to work a day in your life!

I enjoyed both workouts today- needed something upbeat with good music!

Carol - I enjoyed all of Pahla's June workouts....and I'm happy to be mixing in some FW, too!

Dana - glad you got a walk in! My DH is a couch potato, too, sometimes he will do some exercise, but then he fizzles out rather quickly. He does a lot of gardening/yard work - which is good, b/c that isn't my favorite thing to do.

Linda - Oh my - you deserve a round of applause for all that!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 07:23 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol thanks for letting me know about the door Barre. I missed your Booty kicker purchase. I am wanting something temporary to use with CS. And haha ...Thanks for the award

Dana good for you getting out and hey your husband is still getting Vitamin D on that bench. So it's all good

Well I have started the Kettlebell 7 day swing Challenge...hoping to incorporate into my workouts. Day 1 in the books. Update to follow on my other workout. (added Timesaver premix from LITE Pyramid pump upper only.)

Hugs to Donna, Brenda, and Christine!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 09:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Another "rest day" from SBF so no workout was sent out but I'm glad I waited to sign up for membership, because in today's email Suzanne sent out 50% off coupon that's good for 48 hours. The only question now, is whether I want to sign up for a 6-month or annual membership. My attention span last about 6 months, but the price for a year with the discount will only be $65. How can I pass that up?

Hi to everyone! I'll check back with the workout later.
Old 06-14-21, 08:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Senior Shape - Upper Body Strength Workout with Dumbbells (Floor) - 24 minutes & 10 Minute Core & Abs - 10 minutes

The Upper Body Strength Workout was Lauren's new workout for the week. It was well done - Lauren used 8 lbs, I used 5's. There were a few exercises where I could have used my 8's, but many of them I couldn't. Some of the exercises weren't the typical exercises you see, but there wasn't anything awkward or ridiculous.

The Core & Abs workout was part of her 10 Minute series from the spring. I've done it a couple of times and it's definitely more than just abs, which is good.

Donna - You might like this strength workout. She hits chest, back, biceps and triceps. Some really nice stretches at the end too.

Linda - After the Door Barre fail, I was embarrassed to confess to the Booty Kicker. I do really like it though. Very easy to store when you need to and sturdy enough.

Dana - That sounds like a great bargain - I'd probably do the year. At $65 you can hardly go wrong.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 08:29 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I took advantage of Suzanne's 50% off coupon and signed up for the annual membership at $65. At this price, it was really a no-brainer. She's got several programs/plans that I am interested in doing, starting with her Adversity Meets Persistence Challenge. So, today was Day 1 - Cardio Intervals - 29min. I also added Leslie's Mile 3 from Disk 5 off her Miracle Miles - 15min.

Suzanne's Cardio Interval workout was leg intensive and I know I'm going to feel it. I enjoy working out with Suzanne again and I really hope I'll finish this challenge. Most days it's 30min or less of work and I just need to focus on first doing daily workouts before I think of adding something else.

I have to go to the office today but it shouldn't be a long or hard day. I'm planning to add Travis' 30 min Yoga this evening. We'll see if I do since working out in the evening is very iffy for me.

Waves to all!
Old 06-15-21, 09:51 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

I spent the weekend at Cannon Beach, OR and spent lots of time walking everywhere.

PT does take a while. I got my referral a couple of weeks ago and the PT hasn't called me yet. I might call them and see what's up.

Dana, I know I'm late on this but catching up.... I love the comment your husband made a couple of weeks ago about you being strong. That's always been my motivation for exercise: strength and the ability to do life well.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Faithful Workouts - Pazaz and Upper Body - this was about 15 min of low impact/dance type cardio followed by 15 min of upper body work using bands and loops.

Faithful Workouts - Yoga - 10 min - this was a good compliment to the upper body work as there was more of it in the form of planks and down dogs and some push-ups.

The FW site is free for now - so I'm enjoying re-visiting it.

Yesterday I took my Golden for a short walk and did another short Blogilates workout - those make good add-ons!

So...our preliminary return to office is one day in the office every other week plus once a month for a team meeting. That isn't too bad at all. It will definitely be weird going in though!

Sorry to be behind this morning, just one of those days - so - Waves, everyone!

Dana - that is a good deal!!!!

Carol - I really must schedule some of Lauren's workouts in - I enjoyed the few I have done. Michelle's daughter is doing a Yoga "challenge" for next week - so I signed up. I will probably continue to mix in some FW in w/ some other stuff - I really like the new website and some of the new workouts. I sometimes struggle to keep up w/ Michelle's pace - but I have learned to just do my own thing. Michelle is just an energizer bunny.

Waves,

Donna
Old 06-16-21, 05:30 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana that's an excellent deal...you basically are only paying for about 5 months of regular price, right? There's no way you won't end up using it that much over the year. Definitely don't get sucked into having to add on something. I will love hearing about the workouts you do.

Carol I have workout toy fails too. Let's see there was the squishy ring from Danskin, a weighted jump rope, and the home sized step. Just to name a few. Well, the home sized step wasn't really a fail because my daughter ended up stepping on it. But it was a frustrating size to try to use for all my step workouts.

Brenda good to hear from you! Chase down that PT girl...get your body in there!!

Yesterday was day 2 of the swing challenge and Cathe's Xtrain Hard Strikes. I did the Timesaver premix with no conditioning drills. Lawzy, the rotating jumping jacks..I felt like a blender! The swing challenge is filmed with the beach in the background and is really pleasant to glance at while you swing.

Hugs to Christine!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 06:08 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Pahla B - May workout #1 - 24 minutes;
This was a cardio workout; Pahla called it "happy cardio" and for cardio it wasn't bad.
30 Days to Flat Abs - Level 2 Pilates - 11 minutes

Brenda - so glad you have a PT referral. Sometimes it seems like it takes forever to get scheduled.

Linda - We probably all have our exercise toy fails or video fails. If you try as much different stuff as we all try, you are bound to have some disasters from time to time.

Donna - Oh my! Looking at your return to work schedule just reminds me of what different universes we live in! One day in the office every other week??? Is everyone's schedule staggered so you're not all in on the same day? It seemed weird to me when I went back in May of 2020, but we were still pretty locked down and the roads were empty. It didn't take long to get over the "weird" feeling. You are right about Michelle - she does need to slow things down a little (and sometimes a lot). I do like the 10 minute workouts that Michelle has - and there are a lot of them, all filmed outside in interesting places.

Dana - I really like Suzanne's cardio workouts! You'll have to keep us posted on whatever new stuff she posts, since she just finished filming for a week.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-21, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night DD and I took a long-ish walk after work. It was nice outside, a bit cooler and less humid.

Today's workouts, so far:

Jessica Valent - All Level HIIT - this is a new-ish one from Jessica. I think from her most recent Pilates Camp. It is typical of her low impact HIIT routines in that you do a lower body focused workout that gets your HR up w/out impact. It is 15 min long and Jessica suggests doing it 2X - but, I'm not good at repeating workouts so I just did it once!

Caroline Jordan - Tight Psoas/SI Joint exercises - this was a PT style routine - and was a good one for hip flexors, quads, and to re-set/stabilize the SI joint. My hip flexors, psoas and SI really suffer w/ all the sitting I do for work.

Carol - LOL! Our schedule mimics a lot of what the federal workers do around here - in once a pay period. But, I think as time goes on we will be asked to come in more often. They are putting together a final plan for telework and this interim schedule is something my boss proposed for us to do until the final plan is set. I suspect we will be in at least once or twice a week under the final plan, which is better than what we had before so I'm not complaining. And, for those who work w/ and serve the public directly, they will have a different schedule. But our work can be done 100% from home....it will be interesting to see how it works. Personally, if I'm going to be in the office by myself on my one day - I don't see the point...and we're still going to be doing most meetings remotely...but what can you do.... Michelle's speed is one thing I don't enjoy about her workouts - I have gotten good at slowing things down and going at my own pace, though.

On workout toy fails - I have a rebounder and I don't use it. I do have a club size step and it just doesn't work well for my current workout space, so that is not getting much use. We have a TM that I used for awhile - and DH used for awhile, but it mostly is a place for me to hang my resistance bands now! I do have a Kbell and I never really got into those workouts - but I can still use it for some things so it is not a total fail. Exercise bike - again, got some use but not lately. I won't even talk about my DVDs....LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna