Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-21, 08:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
ETA: I am getting rid of a bunch of DVDs through share the wealth. About 5 or 6 are getting mailed tomorrow. Many of them were on my trade list but I want them gone. Anything that is on my STW list that has not been requested is getting donated.
Hi - you asked me to remind you in our check-in that i need to send you postage for the t-tapp DVD.

my PM box is getting really full, and i have some trades going on, so could you email me your email address?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 09:47 PM  
fanofladyvols

lreidgreen that chair picture sounds lovely!! Interestingly, one of the things I did in the purge was to have the one child (who was too old for some stuffed animals) to take a quick pic with it..and then let her put in donate. It worked well! Even the 7 year old took up the mantra like a pro repeating to her older sister, "Remember what Aunt Linda said, we're making room for things that matter." So adorable to hear in a 7 year old voice

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-21, 10:24 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Linda- good job with the kiddos. You should be a decluttering coach!
Well I decided that my never used rebounder has to go. It is in the family room which as you know has to be cleared out. Putting it in the basement is an option but there is no way I can use it down there because of low ceilings even though I am short. So I just listed it on FB marketplace, along with the rocking chair, a set of anime books (which are getting donated if they don't sell) and a rare illustrated Neil Gaiman book. I was going to list a mandoline but I am going to hold off on that for now.
Slowly moving things downstairs and DH got rid of a box or two of books.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 09:07 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

The rebounder and an unopened lego train model has been sold. We got the lego set as a holiday gift from a friend. It costs $100 new online and I sold it for $40. I should have listed it for more judging from how many responses I got but at least it is out of the house.
I also supposedly have a buyer for the Fidel Castro action figure. This goes way back to our original Decluttering Thread several years ago. I am still trying to sell it! Person who wants to buy it is out of town till tomorrow. Let's see if she goes through with it.
I took some photos of items my son boxed up when he graduated college to retrieve "someday." I made a list of all the items which I am going to send to him soon. I want him to tell me what to toss and what to keep.
P.S. The anime books sold

ETA: FB marketplace will still not allow me to list the knee scooter. I posted on my personal FB page and a friend suggested another site to list items for sale. I had one inquiry about the scooter that went nowhere so I am giving it to a friend who will be getting foot surgery within the next year. Will be out of my house on Wednesday-Yeah!
Old 06-23-21, 08:59 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I've been wanting to join the group again for a while but it's been so busy that we haven't got much done for decluttering. It looks like everyone's been very busy and productive! I've only gotten one box to the thrift shop this year and two blankets to the dump that were beyond salvage- one had seen it's day with our dogs throughout the years and the other, a very nice winter horse blanket that had been in the garage too long. That was a good lesson for me. I could've sold it years ago when it was still in great condition but instead let it sit there for too long not being used and beyond cleaning and repair. I'm trying to not let that happen with other things.

Last week we focused on recycling, another area we are behind on. We got 10 feedsack sized bags of plastics to the recycling center. Then I broke down a lot of corrugated boxes and those went to the recycling center as well as a bag of cans. There is more to do, especially with more boxes but the garage is definitely less cluttered.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 07:44 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Just stopping by for a quick status report.
First of all Welcome Cate!
-Fidel has a new home.
-The child's rocking chair is donated with a few boxes of books, a box of miscellaneous stuff and a bag of clothing.
-The knee scooter has been gifted to my friend.

So some floor and shelf space has been cleared. Getting rid of the rebounder and scooter were key. I spent a fair amount of time moving stuff downstairs and elsewhere out of the family room. I was not as ruthless as I should be getting rid of other things.
Old 06-25-21, 08:16 AM  
Izzy

Last Sunday it was a rather humid day in the Midwest so I thought I would do some inside cleaning. It all started with finding a spot to hang this hanging air plant my daughter gave me. This lead to moving this, and then that, emptying this and then that and 6 hours, and 3 Goodwill bags later I had moved furniture, cleaned out 2 bins and my hope chest, organized my closet, cleaned, mopped, dusted and so on. I didn't plan any of this but there you go.
Old 06-25-21, 09:39 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I threw away three old box fans I'd used in my barn! I'm getting my horse blankets washed and put away for the summer.

Cate - you made me think to post about my horse blankets - it's a big chore every year to make sure everything is put away isn't it? I've had some I gave to a friend to line his dog kennels so some year's I'm more successful than others.

great progress everyone!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-21, 09:19 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Last Sunday it was a rather humid day in the Midwest so I thought I would do some inside cleaning. It all started with finding a spot to hang this hanging air plant my daughter gave me. This lead to moving this, and then that, emptying this and then that and 6 hours, and 3 Goodwill bags later I had moved furniture, cleaned out 2 bins and my hope chest, organized my closet, cleaned, mopped, dusted and so on. I didn't plan any of this but there you go.
Spontaneous de-cluttering! Sometimes that is the most productive. Good job!
Old 06-26-21, 09:00 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
That's awesome Mary! I love it when things like that just fall in place. What a productive day!

Eventmom, Great job on all your blankets. So nice that the ones you don't use anymore could be repurposed.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
career advice, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, sentimental clutter