Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-08-21, 12:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Yes it is!
I didn't like the MTV workouts she did. Any of her other work you'd recommend?
she has Pilates for Beginners, also with Acacia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pXbXjbu9j8

Although this is not Kristen, Acacia also did a few DVDs with Violet Zaki - Cardio Sculpt and Cardio Kick. in fact, i bought a set that included both Violet and Kristen, and that's how i found out Kristen did a few workouts with Acacia.
https://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-W...0494078&sr=8-6

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 12:45 PM  
Kitten

Today I pulled out The Firm BSS1 lower body sculpt II. This was a thrift store find, but I've still been holding on to it for a while without trying it.

It's been a minute since I did any firm workout, so I forgot they do what I call "firm cueing". Which means they cue as they are moving - not warning in advance my steps are going to change. I very nearly Joni-O'd it. But, I decided to give it a chance to find out one way or the other if I am keeping it. I did like the stretching breaks during the workout.

I do feel like it is very similar to the floor section Jane Fonda's Lower body Solution. I actually think lower body solution is tougher than lower body sculpt.

I'm still really on the fence. I might pull it out again in a few weeks and add weights to it just to see.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 03:36 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I tore the shrink wrap off a new to me Med Ball Madness With Mindy Mylrea. We clicked, I had so much fun. I would so much rather have an oldie like this than a new workout with burpees galore.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 03:44 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Today I pulled out The Firm BSS1 lower body sculpt II. This was a thrift store find, but I've still been holding on to it for a while without trying it.

It's been a minute since I did any firm workout, so I forgot they do what I call "firm cueing". Which means they cue as they are moving - not warning in advance my steps are going to change. I very nearly Joni-O'd it. But, I decided to give it a chance to find out one way or the other if I am keeping it. I did like the stretching breaks during the workout.

I do feel like it is very similar to the floor section Jane Fonda's Lower body Solution. I actually think lower body solution is tougher than lower body sculpt.

I'm still really on the fence. I might pull it out again in a few weeks and add weights to it just to see.
Your post inspired me to look for a clip of this workout and...it's on YouTube! I didn't realize it was mainly floor work so never really thought much about the workout. I added it on to my cardio workout yesterday and really liked it!
Old 05-12-21, 03:48 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I tore the shrink wrap off a new to me Med Ball Madness With Mindy Mylrea. We clicked, I had so much fun. I would so much rather have an oldie like this than a new workout with burpees galore.
This is a good one! It was on YT, but not any more. I have her Double G workout, which is gliding discs with the med ball and very similar to med ball madness.

And I agree- I definitely would prefer an older "new to me" workout rather than some of the newer HIIT crazy high impact workouts.
Old 05-12-21, 05:29 PM  
ncl

I did not actually have shrink wrap on it, but I don't think I've ever done Cathe Higher intensity step from her 4 day split, but I did it this morning. I am a choreography junkie but this choreo was hard and I was definitely rewinding!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 03:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Zumba 101 Can't Dance? - this DVD has the following:
1) Step by Step - 30 min, which could be a workout by itself
*2) Dance, Dance, Dance - 34 min

*this is the one i did

Lots of fun! Beto teaches it - i prefer him as an instructor.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 04:17 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did the Targeted 15 minute Unlock: Feet, Ankles and Calves from Essentrics Ultimate Stretch lead by Miranda. I previewed this a few weeks ago. I did like this and realized it would have been good after the 6 mile walk I took yesterday. I did this after today's strength workout from Mark Lauren's 90 Day Challenge which I recently got in a trade. I started this rotation a few weeks ago although 2X a week instead of 3. I didn't count it as a new workout because I started this rotation when I subscribed to his streaming channel last year. Next week or the week after I will finally get to a "new" for me workout on this set.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 11:19 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Unwrapped Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 DVD set and cracked open Disc 5 today! Did Barefoot Cardio Core (with a Pilates ball) and Pilates & Yoga for an ~1 hour workout in the evening that left me feeling great! Just what the doctor ordered -- I got a bit sweaty (more than I had anticipated) then got some balance, flow and core work in. Faboo!!!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 04:04 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Today I did Linda Woolridge's Functional Training - Barre. It is a download I had never tried. It is about 42 minutes and uses a chair, mat, flat pilates band and 2 lb hand weights. Weights are only used for one combo.

The good: I liked the ab and glute work. She used a flat band for both although it is optional. I liked the addition of the band for these moves. I liked most of the upper body moves with the band although some were awkward.
I liked that this was total body and did not obliterate one body part.

The bad: She did some combos such as tricep dips into ab knee ins on the chair and side leg lifts from 3 different positions. The transitions were much too fast which shouldn't surprise me being Linda. It is very hard to get into an ideal position when you are rushing. By the time I got into the right position she was done with the reps. Very frustrating. I managed to imrovise.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrinkwrap, tsha jacobson, virgin workouts, virgins