Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-06-21, 05:13 PM  
Mickey12

big hip hip hooray!!! to Cataddict and Kittybug on finishing STS!!! I’m so proud of you and amazed at your passion and drive. Great, great accomplishment.

ChelePA I am not sick of the snow yet. I really don’t mind winter, never have. I enjoy the change of seasons but have to admit that as I get older I get sad at the end of summer with the thought of cold weather coming. It doesn’t really make sense though because I don’t hate winter.

I have been in a exercise slump this week. I have been feeling unmotivated after ShovelMax on Monday and Tuesday. I skipped Wednesday, and I did an easy workout on Thursday and nothing last night. I thought I would catch up with Fun Friday and do a Christie Taylor workout today, but so far it hasn’t happened. I need to get moving because I’m feeling pretty stiff and sluggish. I think the lack of movement just makes it all worse. I have to snap out of it.

I have a co-worker who is my age. She is overweight. Last week she was pushing a cart with paperwork and files on it so it was sort of heavy. She stopped to talk and I was shocked how out of breath she was. She wasn’t pushing it far, it’s not like she was pushing it uphill or anything. It was astounding to me how deconditioned she was. Sad, really. Then I recalled about a week earlier when she said to me that she takes the elevator to go down one flight of stairs to use the ladies room. Wow, she doesn’t even take the steps for one flight. So, the point is that I need to be grateful that I have good fitness and get up off my butt and work out. See you later....
Old 02-06-21, 06:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wahooo it's Party Time! Congratulations to FN1 and FN2!!! Way to go!! Where's your cowbell?

Happy Weekend, everyone.

Kate, you'll have to let us know what you think of Blissology 2.

manleym, when I saw the menu on THC I wondered if you'd be doing the bonus cardio!! I did not.... obviously. And, um, Chele? I did NOT say it was "easy". I was just able to fake my way through it enough that I did get worked. The music was very fun and I kept singing Bang on the Drum, Tequila, and yes, cataddict, also Free Your Mind (sorry about that!).

horusosiris, I was wondering about that 333 workout -- I saw Cathe's clip of it on instagram and it sounded intriguing to me.... too bad it wasn't more fun! And I cannot believe you have so many brothers! Oh my gosh! Were they nice to you since you were the only girl? I can't remember if you said where you are in the birth order -- I suppose that would make a difference, too. I am the youngest of three, as I mentioned, and both my sisters had two daughters. When my first son was born, I remember my mom and I sort of looking at each other like "what do we do with this non-female being?" Oh, which reminds me of another story..... a friend had three boys and then didn't learn the sex of her fourth. When her first daughter came out she said "where's his penis?!"

Kim, sorry to hear about your slump.... when I get like that I sometimes just do really easy fun stuff (usually from youtube) until I get back in my groove. Maybe something like that would help?

For Surprise Saturday, I tried my first Heather Robinson (I think that's her last name) -- her first workout in the big series. Honestly I didn't like it all that much -- too much repetition for my taste. I'll have to see if that's usual for her. I followed it with an 8 minute ab thing from Caroline. And because it's a crazy gorgeous day, I finally got out for a walk today. Oh, and more weeding which has really made my back sore!! Am I whining enough?!

Chele, I don't know how you can resist chocolate covered strawberries. Honestly, it's so tough. And I'm sorry I didn't answer your email earlier this week! I just saw it because it went to my spam which I don't check often enough. I don't know why but so much of my email ends up in spam -- so annoying!

kittybug, I hope your foot is feeling better! Your story reminded me of stepping on legos barefoot back when my boys had them. Oh who am I kidding? They still have legos, but not generally on the floor.

Waves to lavna, Garrie, and Linda. Did I miss anyone? I don't think so....
Old 02-06-21, 06:50 PM  
Mickey12

I decided to do Christie Taylor's Still Jumpin' Just for Fun because I did Totally Hot Cardio a couple of weeks ago. This workout is so freaking fun! OMG! Great music, really fun choreography, Christie is so cute and motivating. There isn't much impact and the intensity is moderate. Any workout that has the song Dancing Queen in it has got to be good, right? AND this is one of the workouts with Joni O and other VFers who came on set to watch the filming. The group is shown on camera at the beginning of the workout and Christie put a thank you to my videofitness friends at the end. I think that is so cool!
Old 02-06-21, 07:04 PM  
manleym

Kittybug I'm glad your foot is better and hope it completely heals soon. What a weird place for a bruise and so random...one of those "how did that happen?!?" moments. Glad you found a FP practice. I've been adding her back into my rotation again and I really like her practices and her personality. We finished Poldark last night. Season 5 is VERY different than seasons 1-4. Hubby read online that the writers/directors/whoever strayed from the books for season 5 and that alot of people didn't like season 5 as well as seasons 1-4. It will be interesting hearing what you think as you get into more of season 5. Cataddict, what say ye? Does ye agree?

Cataddict we did the same thing for Totally Hot Cardio - regular workout plus bonus cardio. CA and Bee I don't remember "Bang the Drum All Day". Where is that in the routine? What moves go with the song? Do ya'll think the songs are from the original artist or covers? I was wondering that during the Elton John song.

Horusosiris when I previewed Live 3-3-3 I was thinking the same thing - not looking forward to "more of the same" but once I started the workout I found it not as bad since the moves didn't last that long (30 seconds) and they were broken up between other moves. But I agree, and have read reviews, about the lack of creativity/new moves. I think that's part of the HiiT trend. Doesn't really matter who the instructor is. The moves are all the same - burpees, mountain climbers, jumps/hops. Nothing really creative or new. And 5 brothers! I have 2 older brothers and that was PLENTY!

ChelePA you are definitely not a clutz or choreography challenged with all the step routines you do! Christi isn't easy and takes awhile to learn. How did the chocolate covered strawberries turn out? Does your no sugar February include fruit or just desserts, soft drinks, etc? Just wondering if you were able to eat strawberries.

Kim sorry you've been in a slump this past week. Glad you checked in. I totally agree that motion is lotion and the less you do (doesn't matter what it is) the less you want to do. And I'm the same - the longer I take off from working out the more stiff and sluggish I become and just don't feel as well - emotionally, physically. That is sad about your coworker. I want to be as active and mobile for as long as I can.

Bee I think Heather and Caroline are more "iffy" on workouts being likable. I guess it's like every other instructor. Some workouts you like, some you don't. I've been reading 2Lazy's reviews of Heather's workouts to see if I think I would like them. She has quite a few reviews of Heather's workouts. What HILARIOUS stories about your first "non-female being" and your friend's daughter not having a penis! LOL!

Hubby and I will start a new series Monday. Any recommendations anyone?

Waves and hugs to all!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 07:16 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I decided to do Christie Taylor's Still Jumpin' Just for Fun because I did Totally Hot Cardio a couple of weeks ago. This workout is so freaking fun! OMG! Great music, really fun choreography, Christie is so cute and motivating. There isn't much impact and the intensity is moderate. Any workout that has the song Dancing Queen in it has got to be good, right? AND this is one of the workouts with Joni O and other VFers who came on set to watch the filming. The group is shown on camera at the beginning of the workout and Christie put a thank you to my videofitness friends at the end. I think that is so cool!
What FUN! I may have to pull this one out just to see the VF friends! And yes, any workout that has the song "Dancing Queen" HAS to be good!! Glad you pulled this out and had a FUN workout!!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 08:02 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym... I can have fruit but just not covered in chocolate. The best part. Ha ha. I’m not sure what type of shows you like but I’m watching The Adventures of Merlin on Amazon prime and absolutely love it. Merlin is a British fantasy-adventure drama television programme, loosely based on the Arthurian legends.

Headed to my daughter’s softball game now. Have a great night!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 09:40 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA I’m curious about how/where your daughter plays softball during the winter. It’s inside? I didn’t know that was possible. Please explain.
Old 02-07-21, 01:18 AM  
jusca

Dropping in to be nosey. What is a watulan??
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-21, 10:55 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
Dropping in to be nosey. What is a watulan??
Cataddict had a cat named Watula. She is no longer with us but her photo is her current avatar. We are Watulans in memory of her.
Old 02-07-21, 11:08 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Cataddict had a cat named Watula. She is no longer with us but her photo is her current avatar. We are Watulans in memory of her.

Thank you!! It was driving me crazy because I searched the term on google and was lead back to vf. Aww, a sweet kitty.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in