Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-21, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for being MIA but the last three days of work have been insane. I hope things will be smoother here on out!

I did workout - but I'm having trouble remembering what I did! I know on Tuesday I did a Yoga w/ Kassandra practice - it was one that she had filmed outdoors. And, yesterday I did Jessica Smith's Cardio Flow from her Feel Good Fusion DVD.

Today, I went with Pahla - since she releases 7 new workouts at the start of each month - today was:

Pahla B - July Workout Day # 1 - Fun Walking Cardio Party - this was different - Pahla used music in her video - it was the standard typical You Tube no royalties required workout music style but it was nice and Pahla did not talk at all - other than to say what move was coming next. I do enjoy Pahla's chatting but this was a nice variation and good for a day when you feel like working w/ Pahla but need some quiet time too.

Jessica Valent - Stretching for Tight Hips!

Looking forward to a long and hopefully relaxing weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 09:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Dana thanks for the Piyo idea!

Today was Piyo upper and Michelle dozois sexy, slim sculpt upper. I will do the Michelle first tomorrow before the Piyo. I need warmup before Piyo for my joints. But I think both workouts go well together. I also think these are the first workouts I have liked from both of these instructors in a while. Chalene had started to get on my nerves with turbofire and turbojam. I have only done one but she's pleasantly low key and encouraging. The workout itself is probably not gonna be a repeat for me as it's pretty pushup heavy and lots of wrist intensive movements. But glad I tried.

Michelle is normally too gungho high impact for me but here she's fairly down to earth and businesslike but still pleasant. Perfectly matched my needs this week. Looking forward to tomorrow's workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to be quick today - but this morning's workout was:

Pahla B - July Playlist Workout # 2 - Sweaty Strength for Fat Loss - this one also had music! I wonder if that is a permanent addition? The music, as I said, is not great - but I think I like it. I also think Pahla is talking less and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I do like listening to her, but the message is repetitive - I suppose if I begin to miss the super chatty Pahla I can always find another workout to do on her channel! This particular one is one of my favorite combos - a circuit workout - 30 seconds cardio, 60 seconds strength - repeat the circuit twice.

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc routine - Needed some PT today. My back has taken a beating this week w/ all the sitting and long hours I have put in at work. Hope to be more active this weekend for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

p.s. Our new back to work schedule for now is twice a month, on alternating Tuesdays. I'm sure it is too much to hope that is permanent, but at least it isn't more just yet.
Old 07-02-21, 05:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I've had a huge case of the don't-wannas the last few days. Today I managed to make myself do

Stephanie Huckabee - Powerfit Harmony - Sculpt: Strong Push - 20 minutes

This was a good choice for someone who didn't want to do very much!

Linda - I always wanted to like PiYo, but you are right, it was/is very wrist intensive.

Donna - It's hard to imagine Pahla B workouts with music! I'll have to try one of them this month.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

I'm feeling a bit better now that the weekend is here!

Our fiscal year end is June 30th and that is why I'm always stressed in June - and this year was tough - even worse than last year which was in the middle of COVID and doing all of the work remotely.....

Anyway - today was:

Pahla B - July Playlist Day 3 - Get in Shape Fast - this one was more typical - no music and chattier Pahla. The set up was 40 seconds of a cardio move followed by 20 seconds of a balance exercise - the balance exercise was the cardio exercise taken at a slower pace. It did end up getting me sweaty while still being moderate intensity.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Hip Pain - this has some good exercises to deal w/ issues in the low back, pelvis and hips - my trouble areas.

Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Full Body Stretch - I have done some of Bird's practices, in the past and I will definitely do more, I enjoyed this one and her presentation. It is funny I used to absolutely love Yoga w/ Adriene but lately, I just can't do them for some reason. I guess we go in cycles with our workout preferences.

Carol - I have had that syndrome as well recently. I'm hoping that once work returns to a normal crazy pace it will get better.

Waves - hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 07-03-21, 09:44 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna and Carol I think you both might be feeling the natural letdown from so much life stress. You might also need to look at some simple things like eating more things with potassium, Vit B or something else. It's easy to deplete your body during times of stress. Take care of yourselves

Yesterday was the lower body workouts from the Michelle Dozois DVD and PIYO. The lower body on Michelle's is a new favorite for me. You can use lighter weights if your energy is low and it's slightly creative with band usage without being crazy. Plus I can use my yoga socks with the band and do it barefoot.
Piyo was a very yoga crouchy, squatty, downward doggy workout, lol. She gave a form pointer for child pose I never heard of...she mentioned lifting your tailbone slightly while extending forward with your hands. Man that felt nice Now someone may have mentioned it, but I never heard it, .

Today was Taebo basic live #5. I'm not sure if I'll do any other formal exercise.

Waves to Dana, Christine and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 09:53 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

July thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...00#post2931900

Hi Linda!
Old 07-03-21, 10:59 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Linda! I will look into that! It makes sense - I have also had a headache and backache this week - from sitting and stress....

Hope to get rid of it this weekend!

Donna