Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-04, 01:38 PM  
moptop

What does your workout room look like?

Im curious to know what your workout area is like.Does anyone actually have a seperate room to devote to just your fitness toys and gadgets?I work out in my familly room.MY videos are in a case,and my weights,bands,balls and so on are stored in my childs old plastic trunk style toy box.It works great exept for when my sons friends come over and look to play with the toys,they find all my fitness gear inside.What kind of home exercise enviorment do you all have?
moptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 01:57 PM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I work out in one part of my basement. It has carpeting and drywall but I hesitate to call it "finished".

I have my TV up on the bar area, a bookcase for all my VHS. My dumbbells and barbell are along the wall. My Core Secrets ball sits on my 13" Rubber Maid step.

It has a dropped ceiling that I've punched a few holes in while doing step ups on my "fanny lifter".

Nothing spectacular but it's mine.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 01:58 PM  
carolyn jane

I work out in my den. All of my weights, videos and step are stored in the closet, so I have to get everything out each time. A game I seem to have invented is to have everything put away by the time I finish my workout! So, if I am doing a workout and I know it's the last time I will use my 10 pound weights, I run over and put them in the closet! Don't know how I started it, but it's like a contest within a workout - LOL!!!!!
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 02:00 PM  
Phantom4u

Right now I work out in my bedroom. We are moving next month and I get my own work out room....YAHHH!!!
It will be the 4th bedroom. It is 12 X 12 I believe and has one window. Now If I can decide on a color to paint it!!!
Phantom4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 03:21 PM  
AngiTN

I have my own dedicated workout room and sometimes it makes me feel quite spoiled. I'm just lucky really, because we have a 3/4 bedroom home and there are only 2 of us there now (DD is away at college). The room I'm in is a den/bedroom. It is technically considered a bedroom because it has a closet but it's got pine paneling so it looks more like a den. They frequently put rooms like this in homes built in the 60's, at least in our area. Granted, folks who come over think it's odd but oh well. I can close the doors to it if I ever have anything formal or something there but we really don't do that. I've considered swapping it with the spare bedroom further in the back of the house. But when DD is home, the other room backs up to her bedroom so I would wake her up early in the morning. The room I'm in doesn't disturb anyone when I workout and since it's usually 5 am when I work out, that's a good thing.

I have all my stuff lined up around the walls. I've got pretty much all the usual equipment. My dumbbells and smaller things are on a small, 2 shelf bookcase. Works great to lay the weights along the top (and less $$ than a rack) and I don't have to stoop down as far to pick them up when working out. I also have 2 tall racks to hold my videos/DVDs. My is on a cart with the VCR, DVD player and DirectTV receiver (gotta have FitTV in there ). Next to that is my treadmill. I just have to pull it down and roll it out a bit and I can use it and watch and hear the TV with no problems. I keep my step bench, firm box, and rebounder propped against the wall behind my ballet bar. The floor is covered with puzzle mats. The only thing I'm missing are mirrors. I tried to put a standing mirrors in there but it just looked too out of place and didn't really fit anywhere. I do have a large window that I can see a reflection in when it's dark out (and it usuall is when I work out), so I can check form somewhat. Oh, I also have the rocking chair my mom used to rock me in over in a corner.
Old 12-06-04, 03:26 PM  
rhbrand

It looks a lot like my living room.

Oh wait, that's cause it IS my living room

That's right. No fancy workout room for me. We have a smaller house and 5 people in it. The basement is a hole in the dirt (ok a little better than that) so I just keep my stuff in a corner behind my chair, and drag it out when I get ready to workout.

Someday, when we buy our own house, I'm gonna look for a house that has one extra room for me. Or at least a nice basement.
Old 12-06-04, 03:28 PM  
gettinripped

I work out in my living room (great room for you US people). My weights are stored in what was once my dd bedroom, and is now the computer room. I have to pull them out whenever I want to use them. I also have a pull up bar in the doorway of the computer room. So when I'm doing pull ups I have to run down the hall and do them, then run back to the living room for the rest of the workout.
gettinripped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 03:34 PM  
JezthePuff2

I think I posted pics of my workout room before, but here it is again. My DH did most of the work, and we really love the room. (If it doesn't work, go to picturetrail.com and the username is jezthepuff.)

Jez's Gym

However, we're building a new home (starting next May), so I'm making plans for my new gym (among other things). Realistically, we won't be finishing off the basement until a year or so down the road, but once it's done, it will be really nice. DH is getting into it, too, and he wants a very large room....he's reserved a 14' x 40' spot in the basement for it!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 03:48 PM  
Larysa

I work out in an addition that we have on our home, it's a family room and usually the chilliest room in the house, which works out great for me. We put in new carpeting last year, I insisted on berber instead of something more plush specifically because of my workouts. I store my weights in a huge ottoman, the TV armoire holds my videos. It's the farthest room from my kids' bedrooms so there is no worry about waking them up if I workout early in the morning. I am trying to convince my husband that we need a large screen TV (for his sports, of course). I love my room.

Larysa
Larysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-04, 03:50 PM  
benemma

Mine looks like a Toys R Us threw up in there.....and the other looks like a Toys R Us threw up a couple of beds and another store there. LOL! I am relegated to living room or bedroom. DVDs I do in the living room around toys, dogs, furniture, books......screaming, whining, climbing toddler....
Videos I do in the serenity of the bedroom while the aforementioned darling watches Sesame Street or some other video of her own. I transport weights back and forth from room to room. The step is a nice stacking shelf for toys when not being used.

Krista
benemma is offline   Reply With Quote