Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-04, 01:41 PM  
Kari

Tae Bo II Get Ripped--Do I want it?

I saw a set of 6 videos at Ross for $10. Seems like a good deal.

I have never done any tae bo before. I can do leslie 3 & 4 mile walks without a problem. Am currently stumbling through Firm BSS2 with appropriate modifications (shallow squats & lunges, 8" not 14" leg presses, no jumping) and do some leslie for variety.

So, do I need to get the tae bo set while it's available?

What are they like? Good for beginners? Any equipment needed?
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-04, 01:57 PM  
bdandy3
VF Supporter

I have the Tae Bo II DVD that has, I think, the instructional workout, 2 basic workouts and an 8 minute workout (don't quote me on that)...and I like it. Its not my favorite Tae Bo, but its ok. I would put it at somewhere between the original series and the lives....

The Basic workouts are each 30 minutes..typical tae bo: warm up, stretch, punches, kicks, brief cool down. One of the workouts (#2?) starts on the floor with crunches and kicks before moving to standing work.

The music is pretty non-descript (I can't even remember what it was)...but overall I like this set if you can get it for the right price!

Hope this helps!!

(Toaster: I need to go add this to the reviews!!)

You cannot be good or bad at yoga. Just do what you can and you will reap the rewards.
Alan Finger
bdandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-04, 02:00 PM  
gettinripped

Hi Kari, I would call the getripped basic a good start for beginners. Although you might find it difficult at first, you can modify (march in place) until you are able to get through the whole workout. As for the getripped II advanced it will take you some time to work up to that level. You might want to try some other live basics before you try to move onto the advanced level. But at that price it's a steal and I would grab it up in a second.
gettinripped is offline   Reply With Quote