Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-22, 09:21 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Adelija is home today because of the holiday - she'll be going to the nail salon and then meeting a boy to cook dinner at his house (a date!). I'll be walking Gus today and playing Spades this evening (yes, I now have it scheduled on my iPod!).

Laura, I'm hoping the power lines stay up in your area! And you get it back fast when you lose it!

Hi Gams!

Vantreesta, I'm hosting a high school student from Latvia, so I'm adding a lot more to my event calendar than normal. I won't be doing any long trips with her to Florida or New York, like she's wished, but hope to show her how we Minnesotans celebrate the seasons. I've got friends dealing with seasonal depression right now - might be something your DH needs to check out.

Paula, so glad DH is feeling better on the antibiotics! I'll check out the times the ice maze is open and see if Adelija can go.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 01:38 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The power came back a little after 5:00, around a 2.5 hours outage. It as getting chilly, but could have been a whole lot worse. The sun is shining today and is cold out (for NC - highs in the mid 40s). Polly has been out and then back in so far today. I assume she'll go back out this afternoon.

I have a crafting session this afternoon with a couple of friends from MD. I'm looking forward to sitting and chatting while we all do something crafty on our end.

Anita - You sure you don't want to head for Florida or southern California or Arizona right now? Seriously, it's good of you to show Adelija the sights around here you are.

Paula - It's good that your DH is recovering so quickly. I imagine it's nice for him to not feel so desperately bad. I didn't hear anything about 9 inches here - the channels we watched called for the ice, although it wasn't as bad as they said it COULD be.

Gams - Welcome to the discussion. Thanks for dropping in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 09:10 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yoga with Kassandra - Yin Yoga for Flexibility.

Had a dermatologist appointment this morning. He found three small pre-cancer spots to zap, one on my face and two on my chest.

DH wanted out of the house for a littlle when I got home so we headed to Carls Jr (his choice). He actually ate about 3/4 of his burger. By then he was tired, we came home and he napped in his chair most of the afternoon. I was overly optimistic when he seemed to improve so quickly. Well he did but it stalled quickly. His temp is only slightly elevated and he tires quickly and the cough is hanging on.

Hi Gams, thanks for dropping in.

Anita, how fun for Adelija to have a date. She's a real social butterfly. If you go to the ice maze, I want to hear all about it.

Laura, glad your power outage wasn't too long. Do you have a generator if it does go out for a long period. Your crafting date sounds fun, I keep telling myself to get started on a new quilt. Are the streets closed there? My niece sent pictures of her back yard - they got real snow in West Virginia. She said it was too windy and cold to go out. Her little boy was dying to go out and play in it, but she said that was a big no.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 08:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on seeing an eye doctor, going grocery shopping and walking Gus. Today should be a nice warm day before this evening when temps plunge to subzero again .

Laura, glad your power came back on! What are you doing craftily? More paper card work?

Paula, glad the dermatologist did his duty. I need to go to one to go over my body's weird little spots. I have my general doctor look at them and he doesn't have any concerns so far, but I'm not sure how well he sees stuff like that. Glad DH is feeling good enough to go out and eat for a while! Still some steps back, but slow progress is good progress! Hope your niece's boy gets some time to play in the snow!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-18-22, 08:15 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day. This morning, I did a pick-up at Publix and cooked DH a roast chicken in a clay pot. This afternoon, I had my infusion and that took most of the afternoon. Tonight, I am catching up on stuff on my computer and around the house.

Anita - Yeah, I've been focused on making cards to use use up my scraps and wrapping paper. I'm almost through this round of card making. Your cold is headed our way. It looks like we'll actually get some snow on Friday. Let the hoopla begin.

Paula - Yeah, DH's family in Huntington got several inches. 5? 8? I don't remember but it as in that range. We don't have a generator. My parents and we tend to lose power at different times, so e go to the other house, if we need to get out of the house. Fortunately, we don't lose power too often. I'm sorry you get those places, but it's good the doctor could go ahead and take care of them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-18-22, 09:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 1 Push/Strength followed by some stretching with Tamilee.

Anita, I have an appointment with the eye doctor tomorrow. I was supposed to go last week but rescheduled when DH was so sick and we didn't know whether he had COVID or not.

Laura, what a happy accident that your parents power and yours rarely go out at the same time. You always have a place with heat and a usuable kitchen.
Old 01-19-22, 08:42 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a very cold day here! 4F currently with strong winds bringing the "feels like" temp to -16F . I'll be walking Gus just around the block and back home. Otherwise not much - putzing around the house.

Laura, you're lucky that your winter temps are still a bit above freezing if your power goes out - here we get frozen pipes and lots of costly repairs if power is out too long. Yesterday was weird weather - so warm some rain showers came through (but very light!).

Paula, is this just a routine check up or do you have some medical issues with your eyes? Mine wanted to try more eye drops and surgery and I asked if I increase my eye massage to more than once a day if the pressure would go down - it does, so now I massage my eye 4 times a day. Not fun, but lots cheaper than the $300/month eye drop she wanted me to try.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-19-22, 06:47 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was another day that just sort of melted away. I did various things around the house this morning. This afternoon, DH had an appointment with his PT, so I took him and went to the chiropractor.

I have been so stiff today. After thinking about it, I've decided that when the doctor took me off the anti-inflammatory last summer, it caused quite a bit of inflammation. I've been working on various physical/health issues like getting the inserts for my feet and back and going to the chiropractor for my back. They've all helped, but I still have problems with my mobility and pain levels. I've decided most of that goes back to inflammation in my body and I need to see the rheumatologist before my next appointment scheduled for late March. Once I get some routine blood work done, I'll schedule something. I feel like I have quite a bit of data and I expect they'll try some new drug(s). I've been on the same drug combination for about 12 years before they stopped the anti-inflammatory, one of the three drugs in that combination.

Paula - It looks like you are getting back into your normal routine. I hope you can catch up on what got delayed last week.

Anita - What is wrong with your eyes? High pressure in them? It's good you found a cheaper option to those $300 drops. Yeah, a really cold day here doesn't get out of the 30s. Most typical winter days here are in the 40s or 50s and warmers days aren't unusual. We were tired of harder winters and we enjoy it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-19-22, 09:40 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Shaping Day 2 Stretch.

Did some housecleaning and went to optometrist in the afternoon. I need a new prescription for glasses - no surprise there.

Anita, Brr...hope your household is staying warm. Are you finding fun stuff to do in the house? Sorry you have to massage your eyes. I have a hard time envisioning to massage your eyes. I hope it works for you and you don't have to try the expensive drops. As for me this is just a regular optometry appointment, no medical problems with my eyes. I do need new glasses but otherwise my eyes are fine. I'll probably go to Costco tomorrow and order two pairs of glasses and a pair of sunglasses.

Laura, days do have a way of melting away don't they? With chronic inflammation in your body are there drug threapy you san pursue do in addition to infusions? Are there food choices you can make that would help? I hate to think of you in pain and having to limit your activities.
Old 01-20-22, 08:58 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on a game of Carcassonne, maybe going to an info session on a senior coop in downtown Minneapolis near the big parks, walking Gus in the neighborhood (-10F currently! ) and putzing. The senior coop doesn't seem to have any one bedroom units so I might not be interested. I'm avoiding all these places that just have two sink bathrooms .

Laura, I've cut down on taking anti-inflammatories (naproxen) - right now I'm just taking once a week before WRC duties, but really don't need them. I used to take them daily, but that pain has gone away with my joint replacements. I still have some arthritis in my back that could use the anti-inflammatory, which is why I take it before WRC duty which involves lots of bending over. I don't know if your rheumatoid arthritis needs different anti-inflammatories than my regular arthritis. Hope you can find some relief.

I have glaucoma in my eyes - both eyes have been treated surgically with holes to reduce pressure in the eye and I need to massage the eyes to keep the holes open. I used to do it once a day on both eyes, but twice the amount of massage on the right eye, now I'm doing the right eye four times a day. My eye pressure has never been above normal (18-20 mm), but with the holes, my left eye is reduced to about 8-10 mm, but my right eye reads 18-20 mm (some scarring post-surgery). After just one 10 second massage, it was down to 12 mm at the office, which is why she wants me to now massage four times a day. My right eye is my good eye, unfortunately there was some optic nerve bleeding seen in my last visit, which isn't good. I'm still taking one prescription drop in my right eye, but it doesn't drop the pressure too much (grown longer eyelashes in that eye though ). Glaucoma sucks.

Paula, I didn't take my glasses with me when I was at the eye doctor's - they have me read the letters as well as I can, but I really don't use glasses much in my daily life. If I do a close project like reading or sewing, I use regular OTC magnifiers. I used to go to optometrists and remember one seeing my weird optic nerve in my left eye but not reporting it as glaucoma possibility as my pressure was normal... That was about five years before I got diagnosed with glaucoma by an ophthalmologist (about ten years ago). My left eye is bad now - couldn't drive if that was my vision. Have fun selecting new frames for your glasses!

Waves to all!

Anita