Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-22, 05:46 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - No, I am not continuing with Pahla, but she works great for a warm up. Glad your test came back negative! And also glad that Alice is getting along with the yoga dogs. Congratulations for completing the Terminator!
Cleda - I did like the Red Run, it was one that you could make as easy or as hard as you wanted. I like Taylor Swifts songs, for the most part, but I'm not all that familiar with that many of them.

1/11 - dog walk
Unplugged, episode 2026
KCM's Cardio Quick Fix
15K Steps with Rick on YT.
1/12 - dog walk
Premix #1 from Jessica's 5 Mix & Match Miles
20 Min. 90's Pop Walk w/ Rebecca Kennedy

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 06:28 PM  
Helen

So I've added Pink to the list.

Wednesday, 12th
Only topped/tailed my day with Tim & Adriene, and did a 2-hour walk with Alice - had to go to the mini-mart down town, then let her lead from there:
towards harbour, community garden, beach, back through park - STOP in park (seated rest in the shade, watching the world go by) - when tired, she'll find shade and just stop. I know she needs a rest if I sit down & she curls up inside my splayed legs - her chin on my shin. But a woman from work came past as we were there - which was an unexpected (brief) social interaction.

I've set Monday (17th) as when to start doing school-work again - that's 2 weeks before kids are back, and has given me 4 full weeks of not doing any - as it should be.

Happy Thursday.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 04:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I'm glad Alice has the good sense to rest when she needs it! Not all dogs do.

1/13 - dog walk
Firm's Jump, Pump & Jab
Shaun T's Rockin' Body - Mark, Move & Groove

This Firm was from their Pink series (no relation to the singer) and gave me some cardio with some weight work thrown in. There are 3 more workouts on this DVD, so I will try to add 1/week.
I also pulled out Cathe's Timesaver series and will try to do 1/week.

Old 01-13-22, 06:44 PM  
Helen

LILI
It made me smile to see one of Shaun's Rockin' Body workouts in there!
He breaks them down SO well.

Alice - she knows very well that if she decides not to go in a particular direction, or to stop - that she gets her way. The walk is for her, after all.

Thursday 13th
Did the morning Tim (day 11) & and hour's afternoon walk with Alice, but an email came in the morning with the list of mandatory online training to be done. Been doing them ever since - on and off. There are 15 courses to be done - each taking an hour or two. Things like corruption, child protection, anaphylaxis, ...

Want to finish them today - out of the way.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-14-22, 02:55 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Shaun makes me smile while I look like a dork trying to do his dance moves! I'm trying to pull more DVDs off my shelves, if I don't use them I forget about them. Sorry about all the work training thrown on you. A teacher's job is never done.
Waves to Cleda.

1/14 - dog walk
10 min. walk w/ Leslie
30 Min. Walk & Run w/ Andy Speer
20 Min. Pop Walk w/ Kirsten Ferguson
I still need some steps to get a Power Day, so I may have to hit the treadmill later.

Old 01-14-22, 10:12 PM  
Helen

It's Saturday, and I'm back to the sewing area - mending along the way.
Bridget will be leaving tomorrow, as her isolation is over then.
DH not home until Wednesday.

Friday, 14th
Nothing, except FINISHED ALL the online courses, and certificates of completion emailed to principal (required evidence).
AND an hour's walk. VERY easy pace - Alice was finding the heat/humidity a bit much - Went around 3pm, but should have left it until dusk.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-15-22, 08:00 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

It's the end of the week "catch up" for me

Good Morning Ladies! Fell behind again (I sound like a broken record).

Helen: So glad you go those courses done. One less thing to worry about and frees up your time! Congrats. It was only 4 degrees when I woke up this morning, so your 83 is sounding pretty good.

Lili: You make me want to pull out some dvds. I've had this crazy urge to want to try Piyo. Of course, that would mean a subscription to Beach Body as I don't think that's one set I have. Then I keep reminding myself to use the dvds I have and they will feel like new.

The Punch, Jump and Jab - is that the remake or the one with Kelsi Daniels? I think that's one she did. I loved that one. (at least I used to)!!! Hmm. . again, a reminder to pull out some oldies (but goodies).

I am thinking after this strength rotation, I am going to come up with (scour VF or the internet) with another rotation but one that has a little bit more variety. I swear all Andy does is biceps, overheads, lunges back, etc, etc. lather rinse repeat. Not a bunch of variety. B-O-R-I-N-G. I know weight lifting can get tedious, but give me some variety on the moves. and so far/ Not a single curtsy lunge. AND ... I've whined about this before: SAME Warm up and cool down every.single.time. We are now into week 4 and I only have 2.5 weeks to go, so I will persevere (for the badges of course!) but that's it. NEVER again. BORING. Did I mention that??? I also have triceps and other parts of my body that I don't feel are getting worked enough. Although my shoulders sure are. . . ugggggg.

Ok, enough of that. On to my check in: (Can't believe I'm this far behind AGAIN). So sorry ladies.

1/12/2022: Andy's strength program (45 mins. with cool down and warm up) 45 mins. Power Zone Endurance with Matt, 30 mins. low impact with Sam Yo 10 minutes Queen Cool Down ride , PRS with Matt

1/13/2021: 30 mins. Strength with Andy, warm up and cool down) 60 mins. Power zone endurance on the bike with Matt

1/14/2021: Peloton Walking on the treadmill for 20 mins. with some newish instructor (can't remember her name) it was a New Years walk, then San Fran Rebounding for 15 mins.

Didn't get to play pickleball this week because of work. I miss it. Hoping next Friday I can. That's on the docket at least.

I think that's all. My notes aren't that great for the week. I came home from work on Thurs. Hit the couch to rest a minute before making dinner, woke up at 10 p.m., toddled off to bed. Yep. That tired. Work is exhausting these days. But hopefully will let up a little bit soon. Co worker has been out since 12/30 and all the new year catch up stuff that needs to be done ..... Omicron seems to be slowing down a little bit. Hallelujah. Maybe in a few more weeks it will be back to the weird/new normal. (until yet another variant rears it's ugly head ... Let's hope not.)

Onward!!!!
Make it a great week.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 05:43 PM  
Helen

Sunday morning + coffee

CLEDA
Wow - you MUST have been super tired! Hopefully your work DOES return to (new) normal soon.
Omicron is NOT 'like a cold', even if you're vaxxed. Bridget's last day of isolation was yesterday, but she'd been exceedingly tired the last few days - said she felt bodily heavy - doing anything was an effort.

Business
43min, Shaun Thompson - Rockin' Body - Shaun T's Dance Party (very humid/sticky - due to looming storm)
30min dog walk

Buddy disappeared for a bit in the middle - to grab clothes off the line due to rain starting - so took Alice RIGHT after the workout. Glad I did, as a HUGE storm blew through about 10min after we got home.

Today will be a shopping centre outing with Bridget - to get a few things to take to Sydney this afternoon when she goes. She said she'd like to take Alice - whose visits to Bridget's room have been a mental-health boost for her this past week. Can't wait for her to get up for the day - so we can HUG! Looking forward to the outing with her. Kathryn is scheduled for later this evening.

Yesterday - got some mending done which felt really good.

Happy Sunday!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-16-22, 08:07 PM  
Helen

Monday morning

So..... first day alone again. Rose VERY late, but I'm up, have coffee and realised it's MONDAY! That in itself made me feel a bit better.

Sunday
Bridget's last day, and our first day able to get closer than "distant" and in the same room without a mask! We spent several hours at a shopping centre (masks ON again) for a few errands, groceries, just being OUT..... TOGETHER!
She planned to leave as late as possible but still arrive before dark. Expecting to slump afterwards, I'd arranged with Kathryn to jump at 7:30 - but ACK! the humidity was 92%- sweat was literally running down my legs, back, in my eyes,....

We did:
57min, The Firm - Body Sculpt System 1 - Cardio Sculpt

Need to talk myself UP today, starting with: only 2 sleeps until DH is home.

!! MONDIVATION !!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-17-22, 05:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

It *IS* Monday

Helen: I love your MONDIVATION cuz, well .... I don't have it. I sit here trying to decide what workout to do (which is fine! I have the luxury to be able to do that). As I've probably said a billion times, it's my longgggg day at work. Pros and cons. But anyway ....

It snowed last night, turned to freezing rain and ice and now is only raining. Dh was up in the middle of the night snow blowing and getting things cleared away so it was manageable for me this morning. (LOVE that guy!) If it turned to too much icey junk he would not have been able to snow blow it. Now I just have to clean the car off before heading out.

anyway, I'm having my morning coffee and came here for my companionship and Helen's Mondivation. I must adopt that. (remind me next week.)

Waves to Lili!

gotta check in quickly though as I have to report in to my coach and get busy. THe morning flies by if I'm not careful.

1/15/2021: Andy's Strength program 45 mins + warm up, 45 mins. Denis PZ ride for the challenge (a lot of zone 5 & 4 ), 30 mins. Low impact ride with Bradley Rose, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

1/16/2021: row 20 mins. (Breathe with Aquil), 30 mins. Strength w/Andy's program (+ warm up and cool down), 60 mins. Power Zone ride with Matt and Post ride stretch

With the bad weather coming, I wanted to be ahead on my rides. I never know if the power will go out (they were calling for wind). I would rather be ahead and prepared than panicking at the end of the week trying to catch up.

Time marches on. Here we are more than halfway through January already. Good grief. 2 weeks left on the strength program, 4 weeks left on the power zone challenge (I have only 3.5 weeks of rides left). I'm already thinking ahead of what I'm going to be doing next. January 31st a new challenge begins for a badge on Hydrow, so there's that. Strength will be done and I'll be ready for something. it's 4 weeks. So a 2 week overlap with my power zone challenge. (and all the while plodding along on the StepBet. 2 weeks done on that and goals met!)

Yep. . . as dh reminds me, I am slightly goal oriented. (Ya think?!?)

Ok, gotta run. Make it a great day/week.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote