Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-05-22, 09:42 AM  
lynnf

Sorry I missed yesterday. It was day2 of the barre 3 Jan. challenge and they added in a new cardio class, which was pretty bad. They have been under pressure to have more cardio and so they put in a class, which has some impact and has cardio circuits and everyone on the board was saying it was HIIT (either happy or unhappy about this), which it definitely wasn't, and it was clearly not designed to take you anaerobic, and they told you to stay under 75% aerobic, but no one really understands cardio there, which was annoying. Anyway they seem to be trying to be everything once again and losing it. Today I did the strength training which they have improved, so maybe they will improve in the cardio area. Also did Sarabeth yoga 20 minutes yesterday. I should stop reading the boards, because it annoys me when people say a class is good, but needs to be longer, which is common. Why do Americans always think if something is good, it will be better if there is more of it? For exercise, food, everything that gets consumed (on shopping sites, people announce for some item that they love it and are getting it in every color). I really want to get away from this mentality of excessive consumption. Sorry for my rant.

Linda, so happy you are home. So aggravating that the cure caused the illness. Hope you are back in fighting form ASAP.

Diana and Cynthia, my DS is still home and still planning when to get back to school and I have laid down the law that he has to watch the first Amazing Race episode with me tonight. He is a bit reluctant as any 23 year old would be, but he has agreed. I would have never thought that we would still be doing this at this point in time, but it will be a fun trip down memory lane for us. I doubt we will watch the whole race, but at least we will see the start together. I might watch the rest alone and keep him posted. We'll see.

Cheryl, I am with you on hating ab work. Somehow I never seem to get better at it (I blame it on having a long torso, but then again I blame everything on that). Great that you killed the glute work. I follow a lot of the medical guys who opine on the virus and I think it was Scott Gottlieb former FDA director who predicted the peak (although he keeps changing his mind). Still, there is a lot of thought that this one is going to burn out really quick and maybe even that Omicron might signal the end of the whole crisis. My DH had a meeting with his dr. who works at a major hospital in St. Louis and is a big researcher and he is pretty overwhelmed now at his hospital with Covid cases, but he says the death rate is really down now and he thinks we are getting close to where it's just going to be a once a year shot and we are going to live with Covid like the flu season. So I think if we hang in for a bit, the end is in sight.

Cynthia, so good of you to plan for your daughter. My brother has started will fights already.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 12:48 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, sorry that barre3 is back to being annoying. LOL at laying down the law to force DS to watch the TV show.

Diana, does your TV setup have recording abilities?

My knee injections-poked holes haven't healed yet, so I'll wait until tomorrow to swim.

Back later.

Later: had a nice hike in a local park. Lat time I was there, the "pond" was dry. After all the rain we've had, it really was a pond again.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 01:35 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Check-in: Tai Chi Ball Workout 1 and 2.

I was doing tai chi when my lawn guys arrived to shovel my deck. They both mentioned that they used to mow for a judge who did tai chi. 23 or 24 years ago I took lessons from a judge. Maybe it was the same man. They also replaced a board on the front deck that was bad. The younger guy stepped on it and it broke. They did a few other chores I don't feel like doing because they're very helpful when they're here.

Lynn, sorry barre3 is messing up again. Seems they do that every year. Enjoy your time with your son. I always wonder why Americans are never satisfied with what they can do, what they have, etc. I read some of the check-ins and feel pretty worthless that I can't do so much. But I don't want to workout that much or that hard. I don't get it. If I only use the bike or Cubii Jr it's almost like it doesn't count around here. I have COPD and hypertension and if cardio helps me breathe, well that's my business. I lost 107 pounds and got high blood pressure the following year so I don't want to hear the bs that blood pressure will go down with weight loss. Maybe not. And my rant is over. Lol

Cheryl, doing HR's challenge a day behind is still good. No law says it has to be that day. How far behind us time wise are you?

Cynthia, that fleece swim coat sounds nice just to kick back to read and cover with that. I bought fleece lined leggings but haven't tried them yet.

Diana, are you feeling any tightness from the KCM workouts? I hope you can keep doing them.

I hear I'm getting company on Sunday to watch football with me. Nice of him to give me notice and not surprise me at 3 a.m.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 09:36 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Anyone else like coffee? I do, and usually like a little 1% milk in it. Just ran across this idea and enjoyed it this morning. I don't follow eating plans that forbid dairy, but sometimes I run out of milk. One cup of coffee and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon. Blend it in a blender and it will be as foamy as a latte and not nearly as bad as black coffee. I wish I had known about this before that colonoscopy (Dr's orders forbid any coffee whiteners the day before).
Old 01-05-22, 09:49 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Linda No unusual tightness. Just my normal stuff. I'm glad you are doing better and back home.

Lynn How did you like the Amazing Race? I watched about an hour of it. I enjoyed it but decided that I didn't want to be tied down to it. I have been watching another show that's in reruns. I can watch it whenever I have time to sit and watch it. I will stick with that.

Cynthia We can't record anything. Our cable box is old and the TV is even older. You know the TV's with the big back? That's what we have. We will update everything when something goes out.

No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 09:31 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,076

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-06-22, 10:00 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes; added on a Sarabeth 20 minute yoga last night (more relaxing than strenuous). I will try to add on a Sarabeth later and there is a barre 3 live discussion later I will try to attend on intentions. So I intend to attend!

Linda, good for you doing tai chi. And with what you have been going through healthwise, you have been doing amazing keeping up with fitness, so my hat is off to you and forget about what everyone else is doing. I think Tony Horton had it right when he said "Do your best and forget the rest."

Cynthia, I'm not a coffee drinker. Tea drinker. Got into it after living in England and though I did drink coffee for a while but my doctor got me off it at a time when it was considered bad for breast health, and now it isn't. But I never picked it up again When I was pregnant, the smell of coffee made me sick, and now it still slightly bothers me in the car. DH is a big coffee drinker though, and brings it into the car, despite my protests.

Diana, we watched the first hour of the Amazing Race together and then I watched the second half myself (while DS and DH quarreled over airline schedules relating to his flight back) and I reported the results. We don't have dvr capacity either (DH too cheap to buy that with our cable account). It was weird they stayed in one place and they are only in Scotland next week. DS thinks they were short of money. The tasks were kind of easy too. DS complained there were too many internet personalities this time. Despite the griping, we nevertheless had what I consider a successful family activity, as it led to much discussion about how weird it was that two people found the clue but spent 1/2 hour thinking they hadn't. To me anything that generates positive family interaction is good.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 05:09 PM  
seabliss

Today's workout was Upper Body Pull, which was focused on back and biceps. It was fine. I like this program. Although I may change my mind Saturday with the first HIIT workout.

Linda, how crazy that your medication caused those issues. But not so crazy, as DH got an enlarged heart from chemo, then had to take heart meds, and then got psoriasis triggered by the heart meds. That's Western medicine for ya. Glad you are home. You have a great support system, from your man to your lawn guys. We are five hours ahead of Eastern Time, six hours ahead of Central. So when it's 5 pm for DD's friend in Nashville, it's 11 pm here. Which is one of the reasons she goes to bed and gets up late now. Her international school starts at 1 pm for her.

Lynn, this does seem to be the pattern with pandemics--they get more contagious and less dangerous. So hopefully we are nearing the end of this one! Sounds like a fun time with your DS. I agree about conversations being those bonding times.

Diana, TVs are cheap now! At Costco you can get a big Roku TV for a few hundred. Those are smart TVs and are so easy to use.

Cynthia, good that you got things sorted for your DD. We need to do that too. It's those things we put on the back burner but should not.

Today marks our six-month anniversary in Portugal. Cheers!
Old 01-06-22, 05:50 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, yes, this project was back-burnered for a long time! No one likes to think about these things, much less make plans. Glad I took care of it while I'm still cogent.
6 months in Portugal already! How time flies.

Check-in: lap swim.

Hi to Diana, Lynn, and Linda.
Old 01-06-22, 10:13 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn I agree with what you said. I think I would probably enjoy the new show. But I didn't want to stress with trying to get home so I could watch the majority of it. DH and I decided to watch Everybody Loves Raymond instead. We have been enjoying this show for the last couple of months. We never had time to watch TV in the past so this is a cute show for us to watch and it's on at the time in the evening that we have finished eating and we are relaxing.

Cheryl We have had this TV and cable set up for a long time and poor DH still hasn't figured it out. I have gotten calls/texts from DH on Sunday while I am having lunch out, asking me to come home to "fix" the TV when I get a chance. LOL He pushes the wrong buttons and doesn't know how to fix it.

Cynthia I'm glad you got the estate stuff taken care of. DH and I need to figure out what to do if something happens to the both of us. Everything was set up fine, until my Mom passed away. We are still thinking about who we could leave it to.

Linda Yay for company.

Check-In: KCM's Your Best Body Workout 1 w/extra cardio

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana