Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-22, 08:13 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Thank you everyone for the prayers and good thoughts My dad is doing better and yesterday he spent most of the day out of bed!! He is still sleeping a lot and is weak and fatigued but he’s more alert and his pulse oxygen level has improved so I feel like he is on the other side. I’ll feel better once he starts complaining about being at my house and wanting to go home. I’ve still been working, and either my husband or sister are here when I’m at work so he’s not alone. I just feel very lucky I’ve continued to test negative. Im going to do a workout today, I’m sure it’ll make me feel better mentally and physically.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 12:47 PM  
LizEMA

Jane
Thanks so much for the update on your dad and such a good one! I'm so glad he's doing better and that he seems to be passed the worst of it. Getting out of bed is great progress! Crossing my fingers that he starts asking to go home soon.

I hope you manage to get your WO in today. And, I agree -- I think it will be good for you. It will be a great way to expel some of the stress and anxiety you've been having to deal with lately.

Still keeping you both in my thoughts.
Old 01-18-22, 02:17 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Jane
Thanks so much for the update on your dad and such a good one! I'm so glad he's doing better and that he seems to be passed the worst of it. Getting out of bed is great progress! Crossing my fingers that he starts asking to go home soon.

I hope you manage to get your WO in today. And, I agree -- I think it will be good for you. It will be a great way to expel some of the stress and anxiety you've been having to deal with lately.

+1 to every word!! Great news, Jane!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 02:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
+1 to every word!! Great news, Jane!
+2! So happy for great news!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 08:16 PM  
Helen

JANE
You must be feeling SO relieved about your Dad!! It DOES sound like he's over the hump of it. You feeling better when he starts complaining - Let's hope he has a right proper whinge! Hope you got your workout in.

LIZEMA
• Oh, how much I do will seriously drop off once I go back to work - REALLY drop off!!
• I read somewhere that when on holidays, getting a lot done means when they're over - it FEELS like the holidays were much longer - to have done it all; but doing little - makes it feels much shorter afterwards. So the notion of "When on holidays I'm going to do nothing but relax." isn't the best approach, and I've embraced the idea ever since.
• Those 15 courses were done over 2 days - consistently plugging away, and each took me less time than recommended, for which I was grateful.

CHRYS
• Did you have some symptoms that prompted the heart echo? Hope the results give you a sigh of relief that all is well.
• Oh - bins of fabric! DH created an attic in the roof-space for my sewing things like that. I often wonder if I'll EVER use them all - I look at things like super fine wool suiting, bought when a local tailer closed down, and sigh about what I could make with them, but haven't.

Business for Tuesday:
30min, dog walk
27min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 12
69min, Cathe - Terminator - Gauntlet
the latter was NOT done in one hit, but the 6 cycles were done separately. Each is under 10min. Did rounds of gauntlet/garden/other
Didn't tail the day with Adriene - fell into knitting with "The Morning Wars" instead.

Only 9 days of holidays remaining.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 08:39 AM  
T2B

Chrys - Belated Happy Birthday wishes!!! Let us know what you find out from your latest test. Glad you got your booster.

Liz - I hope your Mom is continuing to adjust to her new surroundings and is doing well. You’ve had a lot going on so it’s understandable that you would be exhausted. Perfectly fine to scale it back to low intensity workouts for a bit, or a few extra days rest. WW is a good program and I’ve tried many variations so it will be interesting to see how I feel about this latest version. I’m going to give it an honest effort for at least 6 months and then go from there. It’s good to have a reset, and work on ingrained habits that are slowing my progress.

Jane - awesome news about your Dad! Praying that he gets stronger every day. Now you can release that breath! I’m glad you continue to test negative, stay healthy. Glad your heel is better. What kind of shoes do you wear for work?

AsSweet - so I bought another Zumba set from Ebay, which looks to be one of the earliest sets and I found another used Jazzercise DVD that the old Collage Catalog rated as Staff Favorite. . Also, when you’re done doing all of your Essentrics/Classical Stretch workouts, you have to tell me your top 2 so that I can add it to my list. Maybe I’ll catch the next sale.

CabCalloway - how’s it going?

amg - hope you’re feeling better. I want to learn how to play pickleball this spring/summer, any tips for getting started? Can 2 people play?

AMD - still no planners in Aldi??? None last week!

Happy Hump Day!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 01:22 PM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, I was just at Aldi's this morning....no planners (that I want!). They had these 5x7" size and were just LAME!!! Not near enough room for my verboseness!!!! So disappointed! I hope they will still get the bigger ones in!!

Liz & amg, Hope you two get feeling better!

Good to see you, Chrys!

~WAVES~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 06:19 PM  
Helen

Aldi is great here - haven't even looked for a planner, but it's definitely my 'go-to' for groceries & they often have very decent quality fit-wear that is SUPER cheap - fun fabric on leggings that have pockets!

Wednesday
Planned non-exercise day as DH due home after dark & inbetween BIG Cathe/Chrono workouts. Made lasagne, made the house all clean/pretty/tidy & it drizzled all day. Had to wait for a break to get Alice out for a walk:
30min, dog walk.

Thursday plans
BIG w/o Viper (probably in chunks)
BIG other school-prep
SML w/o - top/tail Tim Adriene
SML other mending item currently on + pot up 3 new tube plants to be indoor things (diffenbachia, croton, & calathea)
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 08:43 PM  
Tammie M

ASAS and Liz, I did the second workout from Mobility RX today. Except for the last exercise, I thought the first 3 were easier than those in the first workout. However the last exercise was a balance challenge. Of course I need balance work. I am glad I bought this dvd but I don't think I would be interested in his other bodyweight workouts.

ASAS, I also liked ESSENTRICS Strength & Stretch in Motion.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 08:22 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Liz, great job on getting back on the horse! I heard you on feeling tired and worn down, same here, mine is for lack of good quality sleep and bad habits, I need to work on that, and my water intake is not as good as it used to be either, but not as bad as it used to when I wasn't tracking it at all. About Essentrics, it depends on how much you liked it when you did it while back. To be honest it is the first time I have been doing them so often! I always liked them, but I didn't know how to fit them in, my first and last purchased was in 2014, the recent sale and great prices (I always found them too pricey) sparked the desired to do them again, more often this time.

Tammie M., thanks for reporting back with workout 2, my balance needs some work too! That is the only DVD of him I have as well. I like Strength & Stretch in Motion too, at least the three I have done so far, they are short and sweet! How did you like toning for begginner? Should I add it to my wish list?

T2B, congrats on your purchases! I hope you will enjoy them all. The oldest Zumba set I own is the Join the Party set. I have one Jazzercise DVD (Burlesque) it is fun, is it the one you got? I am totally curious! Also, please report back on that Zumba set!

Is this the one you got? https://www.tipard.com/images/resource/begin.jpg

Amg, I hope you will feel better soon.

Great workouts everyone. Waves to all!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full body workout vol 3, just the workouts, kcm power splits, standing yoga