Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-21, 11:13 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym…love babies and that age. What a fun Christmas it will be! I hate the active shooter drills. They did exactly the same thing in my daughter’s school but all the kids participated. Two years ago they went on lock down because of a gun threat. Freaked me out!

Kate…it sounds like your son is doing ok with treatment. Not sure what numbers they are looking for? Always in my thoughts and prayers. I’ve tried a few short meditations. Not very consistent yet.

Kim…how was the get together?

Cataddict…so glad the kitties bring such joy. How old are your grandchildren? My daughter never plans on having kids. But who knows. I will continue to enjoy my great nieces and nephews. Too many to count these days.

Bee…is your son home yet? Cycling has always been a sweat fest for me. It’s a great low impact cardio workout.

Today I did the Mamma Mia ride. So fun! Then there was a 10 minute light weights class with Abba music too. As you can tell I’m a big fan of their music! I will be moving back to my holiday fun rides as Christmas approaches.

Happy Sunday to all!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 12:52 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone!

I know I heven't posted for a while so I don't think I'll be able to catch up witr all your posts.

Chele: You seem to be doing some great progress and moving a lot more. Good for you! Even if it's still hard, you've come such a long way. How lucky you are to be able to have a big gathering at Christmas.

Here, because of an increase in covid cases, gatherings for Chiristmas have been limited to 10 person. We don't know yet what we'll do because of my dad's treatments for cancer, he has to be more cautious even though he had his 3rd dose rencently.

I've been qui busy with work, putting in some hours in the evenings and on the weekends. At least, it was worth it because we will be able to finish before Christmas.

My ankle is alomost good as new. I still have some lingering aches but I have to admit I haven't been consistent with my PT in part because of work. I plan to get back on track during the holidays.

I've been able to keep up with my workouts. I've been alternating between UB and LB. I've gotten some new CL downloads at the Thanksgiving sale. Today, I did CL 233 LB barre blend. Great LB. On Friday, I did CL 70, Strong UB express. Wow! It packs a lot in 40 min. Great UB workout and it's easy to go heavier if needed.

Slam hiit seems to be a combination of her two Perfect 30 cardio workouts (without too many burpees!). It might be on my list for my next CL purchase. If you liked that one, you might like 31 and 32 which combine the hiit cardios from RWH.

This was quite a Moby Dick post. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Hugs to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 01:07 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday.....

oh yes, manleym, I meant to comment on the active shooter drill -- horrible that it is a regular training now! Ug! I can imagine it's very stressful just doing the training. I'm sure I blocked out commenting on this well, because....

Chele, we picked him up at the airport late last night. Took forever for him to get off the plane and have the luggage come out! United for my other son was way faster (last night was American). We didn't get home til about 1:30 so I didn't get to bed until 2am. That's just nuts for me. . I will probably need a nap today, but it's very nice to have everyone home.

Hey Nathalie! Glad to hear your ankle is pretty much back to normal. Good observation about slam hiit. I'm sure you have to be extra cautious because of your dad and after I said that about family gatherings this year, it does seem like things have changed around in just a day. Now it sounds like colleges may not be back in person come January. Wow. Craziness. I hope that you can figure out a nice family gathering somehow.

I think I may skip a workout today since I didn't sleep much last night, but soon I'll be hitting up that CL 70 Nathalie mentioned. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 12-19-21, 05:41 PM  
horusosiris

Glad to read that everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays.

Today I did one of Hamelin's Model workouts. I always find Hamelin to be therapeutic, soothing and relaxing and I definitely needed that today. I plan to do Hamelin a few times per week for the next several weeks. I love his non-assuming, soothing, relaxing, non-intrusive demeanor. His music is also very relaxing.
I also did CL 374- Legit Legs. It as the usual Cathe leg fare. There was nothing new, exciting or different about this one. It combined sliding leg exercises with weighted leg workouts and used the high step.

We wanted to see Spielberg's West Side Story but it was only released in the theaters. I was hoping that it would be released on streaming and the theatre at the same time, as the movie industry has done with so many other films.

Well, they closed my university again secondary to new large covid outbreaks among the students (mostly the students). I was already co-teaching on Zoom and my partner was doing the in class component. Now everything is back to zoom but that really only meant the exams because the semester was just about over anyway.

I had to go to Staples today and the manager makes an announcement that they are closing the store in a few minutes because of several positive covid test among the store's employees.

It seems like deja-vu and we are back to the spring and summer of 2020.

We had planned to see The Nutcracker on Tuesday (everyone had to show proof of vaccination) and we paid for special mezzanine side balcony seats but it looks like they are now canceling all performances. Many Broadway performances have also been shut down secondary to covid among the performers.

Bee - do share your recipe for peppermint Jo Jos. I love making cookies this time of year. All the younger ones use to enjoy decorating cookies and having cookie contest. I recently made a batch of sugar cookies that were not very good. I do not know what happened because I have made this recipe so many times in the past.

Nathalie- good news about your ankle. I hope your Dad's CA treatment is going well. Ishall keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Cataddict- molasses cookies sound delicious. No traveling for us too. I really, really, really miss our regular family gatherings. Hopefully next year.....

Here is to a great week for all of us!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 06:26 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

horusosiris, what a bummer about your university and the Nutcracker! Not to mention the trip to Staples! Funny, just last night I was talking to my son about all the professional sports teams that are having lots of cases. He's predicting they will shut down basketball and hockey, to maybe shutdown and do a bubble like last year for basketball. And it made me wonder..... if you've bought tickets to a game that is cancelled, do you get your money back? Do you think you'll get your money back for Nutcracker? He was saying that if he were the NBA/team, he'd want to hold onto that money, so maybe he'd offer $200 worth of merchandise for $100 worth of ticket money, or something like that. I was happy to see his 20 year old logic work that out -- don't think I was so astute at 20.

I used this recipe for the peppermint jo jo's, but....
https://www.stephiecooks.com/homemad...cane-joe-joes/
instead of making the cookies from scratch I bought those "famous chocolate wafers". So I just made the frosting and made sandwich cookies with the wafers. I also used a knife instead of piping it, and I also found Brach's crushed candy canes. So, lots of time savers on my end.
Old 12-19-21, 08:41 PM  
ChelePA

Definitely feeling like déjà vu with the Covid numbers and the closings. I still can’t believe it will be almost 2 years. My daughter said her school will make a decision during the Christmas break if they will return virtual after the holidays.

I popped in again to tell you I got an early Christmas present. My family bought me a treadmill since they know I won’t be returning to the gym and therapy is ending. It took me over 20 minutes but I did my first half mile. I feel it so much in my ankle and knee area. Hoping the strength and range of motion will build up as I continue to use it daily. Different muscles being utilized versus the bike. It will be a nice addition to my home therapy.
Old 12-19-21, 09:09 PM  
ChelePA

Nathalie…so nice to see your check in. You’ll be glad to get a break for the holidays. Sorry to read about your dad. Will send some positive thoughts and prayers. My daughter still feels it in her ankle depending on the day. She was terrible with PT exercises. To be young again
Old 12-20-21, 12:50 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!

I just wanted to pop in quick and say hi to Nathalie for posting and so glad your ankle is back to normal.

Chele, so excited for you to have a treadmill! I know you will put it to good use long after your injuries have healed. It must be very hard to exercise when you have pain. I commend you for your great effort and commitment. It can't be easy.

Horusosirus, bummer on your Nutcracker performance getting canceled. It's hard to look forward to things lately because there is so much uncertainty.

I was going to exercise yesterday but I just ran out of steam. I was doing laundry and cooking and cleaning so a workout just didn't happen. I need to get into a routine again.

I guess I have had my head in a hole because I haven't heard about the jumping Covid numbers. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things with a normal routine and not having children leaves me without a strong reason to be in touch with what the local schools are doing.

I had my annual salary review at work today. I was pleased with my increase and I'm happy to have the review over. It always makes me so nervous.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 12-20-21, 06:03 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks Kim. Congratulations on your raise. My husband just got a new job title with no extra money

Today I walked 1/2 mile again doing a 20 minute Peloton EDM class. My speed averages 1.5. Sooooo slow but any faster and my ankle/knee can’t handle it. Then I did a 15 minute groove cycling class followed by 15 minutes of barre. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Hoping to discuss the continued swelling as well as some new burning pain along the surgical site. It only happens with certain stretches and movements. But it isn’t getting any better since Thanksgiving. And boy does it hurt! It comes out of nowhere. I’m sure it’s nerve damage but we’ll see if he has any recommendations.

Hope everyone had a great workout day!
Old 12-20-21, 06:40 PM  
horusosiris

Today I did a Hamelin cardio workout and Cathe's LITE- Strong Body- Stacked Upper Body premix of chest, triceps, shoulders.

Kim- Congratulations of your raise and on your performance review being over! You are probably better off by not being aware of what is going on with Covid. I know what you mean about needing a routine to stay on track. I just recently got back into my groove and routine with exercising.

Chel- So sorry about the pain. Hopefully the doctors will find out what is causing your swelling and burning pain. That was such a nice gift. I know you will enjoy your new treadmill
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in