Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-21, 07:25 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

cat: I could have gone a bit heavier in All About Legs but for the most part stayed about the same as Cathe. And I loved all the bodyweight stuff so I could use best form.

Chele: I'm sorry you couldn't go but I agree, it probably would have been too much for you.
I hope you find how great meditation can be. Truly saves me from a LOT of stress.

So WEEEE today I did Live 372 Slam HiiT and it was a blast! Some very familiar moves but a little change with some variations. Cathe really stressed modifying since it had been a while since any of them had done HiiT. It was fun. I was going to add on 83 Crush It Low Impact but I got interrupted and cooled down so just skipped it.

Still meditating every day. Yoga every weekday that I don't have appointments.
Happy gateway to the weekend!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 08:23 AM  
horusosiris

TGIF

Kate-glad you enjoyed Slam Hiit. That workout was indeed tough. I use to try to do at least one hiit workout a week. When I do not do hiit for a while it really shows.

Chel- I agree with Kate that the trip would have been tough for you. It is good that you listened to your body and stayed home. The days and weeks after the family gatherings and the services are over, I find to be the most difficult. You and your family are in my thoughts. I am sending virtual hugs to all of you.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 07:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

On Wednesday I did CL #166 Jabs and Abs and today was a gym day---biking and walking/sprinting. I did the walk/sprint to simulate HiiT.

Glad you all thought Slam HiiT was tough! I am going to start the gym twice now that DH is motivated to go without me so I think I'll insert a Hiit workout while he is there.

Chele, I also agree that you made the right decision not to travel so far before you are ready. It would have been tough for your husband to see you in pain on the drive, and your daughter could be a great comfort for him. I'm sure it's been so difficult for him, particularly so close to the holidays. Oh, my DH discontinued his PT several months before he was actually done with doing the exercises at home. I guess it's "normal" to discontinue the formal sessions well before 100% recovery, but I'm no expert for sure.

A crazy kitten keeps jumping on the keyboard so I need to wrap this up! All 3 of our guys are doing great together--it's been an active house for sure!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 05:27 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone!

ChelePA agree with everyone else that you made the right (but hard) choice not to go with your husband and daughter to your MIL's burial. Your hubby knows you would have gone if you were able. And you will be there to support him emotionally when the daily things come up that remind him of her. Those are the hardest moments. Sending big hugs to you and your family.

Kate thought of you last night when we were watching the news and saw the snow in MN. Yuck. Like Cataddict we get that cold bone chilling rain/sleet/black ice. Hoping not to have the same disaster as last year.

Kim have you recovered from your vacay?

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought Slam HIIT was hard. I thought it was partly since I had done Crush It Low Impact first. I'm taking notes on the CL's ya'll are mentioning and adding them to my to-do list. For sure have All About Legs on my radar.

Cataddict glad to hear all of your fur babies are having fun and getting along well. Fun to have them playing about.

So it's been awhile since I've posted. Didn't realize how much time has gotten away from me. Ugh! I'll keep it brief:

last Friday - Patrick Goudeau Dumb Training (really liked) + Growing Ananas 20 Min Toned Inner And Outer Thighs Workout - No Repeat, No Equipment

last Saturday - Paul Katami 4x4x2 Bootcamp (TOUGH!)

last Monday - Caroline Beastmode Full Body Workout – Intense Strength Training Day 4 (LOVED! PHA style - alternates UP/LB; FLEW!) + 15 Min Compound Leg Workout (GREAT! Legs were FRIED afterwards) Cataddict you do need to get back to Caroline's weight workouts. I had DOMS for DAYS after doing this workout, which is typical with her. I think Kate would like her workouts too, since Caroline lifts so heavy.

last Tuesday - Dud day - at work (thanks Amazon web services for going down ) followed by a dud workout. I tried RC Fitness Official 1-Hour Cardio Kick Non-Stop Cardio Calorie-Torching No Equipment Kickboxing (won’t do again and won't recommend.) I had virtual kindergarten students in my room when the web went down so I couldn't do anything. They came to school for testing, which is all online, so obviously when the web went down, it completely shut everything down. Lots of drawing until their parents came to pick them up. I'm sure ya'll were all affected by it too.

last Wednesday - KCM Bootcamp Double Session (good; still sore from Caroline's workout from Monday, so this was a good choice - some cardio and light weights.)

Thursday - CL #373 Bands, Loops And Weights – Oh My! (good for a lighter day or to work smaller muscles) I have a story with this one. Thursday was hubby's company Christmas party at one of his bosses house. Everyone cooks and brings something, which is so much better than going to a noisy restaurant. Anyway, hubby was home smoking ribs when I got home to workout, and saw me using Cathe's bands and loops. Well Friday he came home with a box from SNM. He had ordered the bands and loops for me for Christmas, not realizing I already had them. We were both glad he was home and saw that I had the bands so he can return them. I told him he gets points for the effort.

Friday - Sharon Twombly All Body Attack CIA 2704 (TOUGH & long; skipped abs but did stretch at end of workout; Sharon moves really fast so I went at my own pace; used Firm sculpting stick for section that uses step.)

Today - CL #91 Metabolic Mashup (good; not super intense but got HR up) + FIT by Larie 15 Minute Ankle Weight Workout: Inner Thighs, Outer Thighs & Booty.

Hugs and waves everyone! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-21, 06:54 PM  
ChelePA

Thanks again for the kind words. My daughter has grown up so much this past year but especially these last few months . Lots of responsibility. I’m glad she was there when I couldn’t be.

Manleym…great to see an update. Everyone has been so busy. Those who like to lift heavy would definitely love Caroline.

Cataddict…Cathe’s HIITs are usually the real thing. Sometimes the Lives are slightly easier but it sounds like this was a tough one.

Today I did a Christmas cycling class. 90s music. All the boy bands released new holiday albums in that era. At least that’s what it seems like. Ha ha. I followed it up with Perfect Flow Yoga. Lots of modifications. But hoping to improve with time- my strength, balance, and flexibility. Peloton is now releasing boxing classes. I may experiment with one or two and see if I just do the upper body moves. Not sure exactly what it all entails. Shall be interesting.

Have a great night!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 04:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Catch up post!!

Horusosiris
I'm not ordering the new KCM. I want to save my pennies for new Cathe. Were you able to successfully cancel your subscription to KCM and others that auto-renewed? I LOVE the original Miracle on 34th Street.

Cataddict
I couldn't wait to decorate for Christmas this year but still didn't start until after Thanksgiving. Personally, I needed the emotional boost/distraction of Christmas.what did you mean by notched ear and neutering of the feral kitty? I LOVED that you guys got TWO new kitties!! ( Talking Kitty is on topic on the Watulan thread)
And your sister remarrying her first husband sounds like a Hallmark movie!

Bee
I love the dog walker story you told. If my cat wouldn't be mad that I smelled like dog then I would so that. I love dogs. Did you ever go with your friends on that social outing? I hope you did. I understand being careful...I certainly am. But at some point, we need to live while alive. Oh.and let me put my mommy shoes on.... get some physical therapy!!

Baby Watulan
It is always about posting when you can. I tried an older workout this week too. Did Gin's Reebok step. Very repetitive..great music...just what I needed. Hugs!!

Nathalie
How's your ankle?

Kim
Wow congrats on your 20 years at the same job! Very impressive!! Thanks for the pointer that the new loops would work with Cathe's LLA.

ChelePA
Was really glad to read about being able to move without a cane in the house. I know you HAD to be ecstatic to ditch the walker. I am reading your workouts and amazed the wonderful progress... especially with constant pain!!! I hope you're not pushing yourself too hard. As far as your friend, when I have been in difficult times I think other friends get awkward about what to say. Then they just ramble through on their own lives and seem almost grateful to not have to touch on subjects because they're so worried about saying the wrong thing to me. I wonder if that was the case with your friend? Gentle hugs re: your MIL!

Kittybug
Xtrain remains my all-time favorite of Cathe. What a smart combo of those three series !! I hope whatever you're dealing with gets better soon...or like me, you just deal with it better. Hugs!

Manley
Elf , elf and more elf...that's what I need. What is the first movie my daughter mentioned wanting to watch with us when she came home? Elf!! Also, I'm too old to drive/ride for 17 hours straight! Sheesh!

I am wrapping up MH60 and throwing in my usual kettlebell,pilates, CS. I am not sure what my next focus will be.

Anyone here ordering the new Jessicas?

I tried real hard to catch up and chat up everyone but please forgive me if I missed you
Big Hugs to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 03:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Friends! Sorry to be so MIA. Combination of sort of blanking out on the workout world to give my butt a rest and being busy with holiday and non-holiday stuff. Butt is still really sore but I do have PT scheduled, as I mentioned in email. Some days I think full rest is best, sometimes I think gentle moving and stretching is better. It will be great to have an expert's opinion!! I have done some CS, some walking, some upper body days, and.... rest.

Chele, you are such an inspiration to me! You are doing so well with all of the challenges you have. How's your husband doing? Your family has had a rough, rough year. As you say, I'm sure your daughter has matured in an accelerated way through all this -- she will be a great, strong woman.

Horusosiris, I'm sure you play your instruments much better than I do, but I am really enjoying learning and getting better. I took lessons as a child, again in my 20s, but I'm finally actually learning how to play.

Kate, I hope the weather is not being too cruel for you. We don't really get snow here but we are being dumped on with rain today (and all last night). Great for us because we really need it. My son was saying we need a storm like this each month for three months. Not sure we'll get that but it would be great!

cataddict, you must be having a ball with the new family members! Interesting observation you had about not doing as much hiit when you go to the gym. I have an appointment with a cardiologist in January and I'm wondering if I'm going to have to do a stress test after two months of sitting around on my sore butt. That'll be interesting! I've been wondering about some of Cathe's senior workouts, too -- so great that they are available! Lately I've been thinking about that molasses cookie recipe you shared with us last year. That seems like a yummy choice on a rainy day.

kittybug and fanofladyvols, I never was a huge fan of Xtrain but I'm starting to think I could be. I may play around with one upper body part a day for a while. And Linda, Elf is a big favorite here, too. I'm sure we'll be watching that within a week (my oldest is due home Saturday night and I'm guessing that'll be one of the first he requests, too). Oh, and I'm thinking about the new Jessicas -- there was something she mentioned that made me interested but I've already forgotten what. Seems crazy for me to be thinking about buying workouts at this point though.

Kim, 20 years? That is impressive! I'm so glad my posts amuse you -- I think being able to laugh at myself is a skill that's really helped me get through life.

manleym, wow, having that plan for kindergarten testing swooped out from under you must have been very stressful! Does it just get rescheduled? Poor kids, and poor you. As if you haven't already had enough challenges with teaching in the last year plus! So thoughtful of your husband to order the bands -- that is so sweet! -- but he needs to be taught about pre-orders.

Nathalie, wondering how your weather is, too. And did you need PT for your ankle? Are you going to "jump" back into regular workouts at some point?

Baby Watulan, of course you are welcome here! We are thinking about you.

I think that's a wrap. We had a planned power outage yesterday for repairs and of course with the storm today our power keeps blinking, so I'd better send this while I can!
Old 12-14-21, 07:21 AM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans,

Wow! Lots of really long posts lately. Just want to comment on Manley’s post about her hubby buying her Cathe’s loops and bands. That was for sure a sweet gesture.

We got back from Disney World late Saturday. Sunday we slept for 11 hours, them my husband took another 4 hour nap. We just go,go,go when we’re there and well, we aren’t getting any younger, ha! It was a ton of fun. We averaged walking between 6 and 7 miles every day. On our highest day we walked 9 miles. We were tired and ready to come home. Vacation is great but I also really like a routine.

This week is going to be crazy so I don’t know what workouts I will get in.

Someone mentioned Jessica Smith. I am definitely getting Jessica’s new workouts. I’m so happy she still makes DVDs.

Stay well, everyone!
Old 12-14-21, 09:29 AM  
ChelePA

Welcome back Kim!!! I can see why you needed the extra sleep. Wow busy!

Manleym… I also thought your husband was very thoughtful. My daughter usually investigates to see what I need otherwise my husband is definitely known for duplicates. He has bought me the same earrings two years in a row. He must really like the style. Ha ha.

Bee… it will be nice to have your family home for the holidays. Hoping you get some relief with physical therapy. I’m in the countdown with mine. I think only three more sessions.

FOLV… another Elf fan here. We also saw it twice on/off Broadway. I remember the first go around it wasn’t as cutesy as the movie. Cursing and swearing when my daughter was younger. I think they changed it up because we saw it again (a gift) many years later and definitely more family friendly.

I’ve been sticking with peloton the last few days. Loving the holiday workouts. Usually cycling for at least 30 minutes. Then I’ve been adding on 10 minute classes here and there. Mix and match with upper body, core, and stretching. Also trying to remember to do the five minute meditations at night. The upper body workouts are light dumbbells with quick movements. I’ve been only using 2 to 3 pounds and really feeling it.

What is everyone’s holiday plans? The numbers are crazy high here with Covid. Yet again trying to figure out what’s the best decision. I think most of my family will have their boosters by Christmas.

Happy Tuesday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 11:25 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey Kim! Welcome back!! That sounds like my kind of vacation -- I love to do a lot of walking to explore wherever I am. Yes, sometimes we need a vacation to recover from our vacation, right? I know when I was in my 20s, my husband (at the time) and I had a strict policy to never come back from a vacation without the next one planned so we had something to look forward to going back to work. I think I mostly liked my job, but it was fairly high stress.

Chele, what did you do that second year you got the same pair of earrings? Did you let him in on it, or just say "oh, they're lovely!"? Does the PT you're doing require special equipment, or is there stuff you do at home on your own? I can't remember if you've said anything about specifics. Just wondering if you'll be able to continue it on your own -- I know you are certainly disciplined enough to, if you're able. When I went previously I could do most things at home (they even sent me home with bands and a stability ball, etc.!), but there were a couple of things that required special equipment that was hard to fake at home.

Holiday plans..... we don't have any possibility of big group gatherings, so it's fairly easy for us. We'll drive around to see lights and we want a repeat of the Thanksgiving beach day, but other than that our activities happen at home. A friend wants to take me to House of Gucci tomorrow for a late birthday outing (love that I'm still celebrating!!! ) and I think my husband would not be thrilled with that plan, but you have to show vaccine cards to get in (and of course be masked) and I don't think a lot of people are going to the movies these days in any case. I do wonder.... with the booster situation, how well are those 18 year olds who work at the movie theater really checking the vaccine cards? I can imagine there are people who may be due for boosters who haven't yet had them. On the other hand, people who got the vaccine probably are happy to get the booster, so what the heck do I know?! This reminds me of a boss I used to have...... he would got through about five different "on the other hands" in meetings sometimes.

So much for keeping this brief......

Tags
watulan check-in