Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-01-21, 07:41 PM  
Mickey12

Linda I have always wondered if the infamous Chris is a man or a woman. Please, do tell.
Old 11-01-21, 08:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Linda I have always wondered if the infamous Chris is a man or a woman. Please, do tell.
Man. And there has been talk of Cathe and Chris being a couple, no? I have no idea if that's true. They were working together before Cathe was married, I think (I believe they met in college) and still working together now. Who knows?! And how do I know all this trivia??!?!
Old 11-01-21, 08:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim Hmmm, Chris...he doesn't seem like a match for her. He seems more like an older uncle? Think of a recent Beau Bridges with grey hair. But I'm for people being happy.... so to each his own!

Bee you're spilling tea I have never heard!! But I didn't see anything that looked couple-ish...just two business partners behavior.

Also, zoom screws with audio so there's often feedback. Jen said that's why they don't record for later viewing. There was a weird echo at times during the workouts.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 08:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

Happy Birthday, Baby Watulan!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 12:21 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Haha! The first time I looked at this I thought it say "psycho" glute workout.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 12:49 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello girls!! Feeling fierce today?

horusosiris: I am not going to check on the new KCM's. For personal reasons, I gave away all of her DVDs. FAB breakdown of Cathe Live!! That's a long time to subscribe.

ChelePA: I'm so sorry you have so much pain. Are you able to practice some light Yoga? Those Cathe roadtrip workouts sound fantastic to me!!

Linda, Linda, Linda: You are stronger (and fiercer) than you think! No reason you can't modify too! You're doing amazing!
I have occasional buffer issues too, but luckily just a few seconds (rest!). It's frustrating but not enough to unsubscribe. Awesome info on the virtual road trip.

Mickey: I tend to preorder Cathe's new stuff sight unseen. They rarely disappoint.

Hi to lavna, kittybug, bee, and everyone else.

Started the week with a bang! And no Dr appointments this week. Justin's dad is doing chemo duty this week (#5).
I got Amy Bento's Slow Mo Strength DVD back. I had it ages ago, traded it, wanted it back. GLAD I did!
Yesterday I did the Chest, Biceps, Triceps split. OMG. First of all, I went way heavier that Amy. At one point she used 8lbs for chest flies. I love the rep patterns, the count and the variety. I am FEELING it today!! Last night too for that matter. I also added on the short Core workout for a good hour. My upper body was toast!

Today I did Cathe Live #27 Solid Cardio Plus HiiT (45 minutes) and #114 Cross Fire Quick Fix Plus Core (34 minutes).
Lots of excellent, excellent cardio with just a wee bit of core work at the end of 114. Some HiiT, some high and low impact, even a tad bit of kickboxing. LOVED these two! And fun to put them together.

So more Slow Mo this week (Legs tomorrow is supposed to be killer) and more Cathe Live. Holding my head high and staying positive!

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 03:29 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Thanks for the road trip report, Linda! Sounds like you made the most of it! You crack me up with realizing your husband "doesn't understand anything" and adjusting your drink to suit your adult tastes. So cool that you got to see and hear Garrie and I'm sure a bunch of others you "know". You know.... it would have been very cool for Cathe to have included copies of the workouts as part of the admission price. Wouldn't cost her any extra (to speak of -- some additional support, perhaps) and a big incentive to pay the admission.
Bee- that would have been an excellent idea.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 09:41 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ugh! Playing catchup again!

So I've been to the gym 3 days (one was an "extra" day actually suggested by my DH---made me very happy ). I've discovered that playing music while I'm doing the cardio machines and walking makes it much more tolerable, even enjoyable. I digitized the CDs that Amy Bento and Patrick Goudeau sent as freebie years ago and have been listening to them. Do any of you have these? The Amy CD is the soundtrack from In The Ring, but I can't recall when Patrick sent out the CDs. Anyway I guess I'll get tired of them eventually, but for now I'm having fun with them. Did I mention that the gym is having a t-shirt giveaway---free if the member makes 25 visits between October 1st and November 30th. Now, I sure don't need another t-shirt, but it's the challenge of it.

In other workout news, I've done CL #234 Strong Express: Upper Body followed by Amy Bento Ross' HiiT (from her You Tube channel), CL #88 Athletic Training and #50 Muscle Max with no step. I think it was manleym who did #88 and said it was HARD. Oh yes, it was hard. The cardio on the step was intense as a start of a workout. I did it on Sunday which is supposed to be CheleSunFunDay but nope it wasn't. I liked Muscle Max as I recall from the DVD there were endless step ups that I didn't like.

I'm psyched for the new STS Lite (that's what I'm calling it, since it's shorter). I enjoyed STS, mind you, but it's long and requires a big commitment. I also read that Cathe said if they had known what a PITA inserting repeat footage would have been they wouldn't have done STS that way. I paraphrase, of course. I'm glad it will be all new footage. I'm thinking late next summer for release as well. I would like to use the new loops and bands, but I don't care about the mini ball. I don't have one, and can't see that I want one.

MamaW, thanks so much for the details on the virtual road trip. I'm envious since I was considering it but decided no. It sounds like a blast!! And good for you at keeping up. You need to quit doubting yourself---you are definitely a Fierce Watulan Warrior and you don't give yourself enough credit.

Nathalie, glad you checked in! I hope work is easier for you despite being busy since there's no boot to get in the way.

horusosiris, great suggestions about Cathe Live! She must have been listening---tomorrow is a mobility workout which is something she hasn't done on Live before. I don't blame you for not posting your ideas on Cathe's forum. It's usually dead over there but it would perk up quick if anyone had an inkling that someone was "attacking" Cathe. I never got why people would get so crazy over respectful comments and suggestions. Not that VF is crazy free!

Kate, I'm also not even remotely interested in the new KCMs. I still have her workouts, but I really should get rid of them since I won't do them again. Also for personal reasons. It's a good thing that you and Justin's dad share chemo responsibilities to give you a break. Since you mentioned Amy Bento, have you tried anything on her You Tube channel yet?

bee and Kim, Chris was briefly on an interview that Cathe did awhile back with someone she worked with years ago. He didn't look like what I expected. I think I also wondered if they were a couple but now I can't see that being the case at all. Oh, and DH and I are watching Only Murders in the Building and enjoying it. We're probably about halfway through.

BabyW, Happy belated birthday! I hope you did something fun.

Chele, I'm so sorry you are in pain. I only hope it is a sign of healing that won't last long. You are such an inspiration with your perseverance.

Kim, glad you were able to get away. I'm sure it was fun!

manleym, DH derailed my Caroline Epic workout last Saturday. I am determined to fit it in this week.

FN1, sending calming vibes your way...

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 10:49 AM  
manleym

FOLVS thank you for your wonderful review of Cathe's road trip! I had a blast just reading about it and how much fun you had! It really sounds like Cathe and crew went above and beyond to make it fun, which I would think would be harder to do virtually than in person. I am so glad you "went" and yay you for being able to do all of the workouts! We know just how fierce you are!

I'm debating on KCM's new workouts. I still do her workouts, but the frugal part of me wishes the presale price was a tad lower, not just $5 off regular price. Are Cathe's presale prices more than $5 off the regular price? I'm also looking forward to Cathe's new series, whenever that is.

Still working my way through Caroline's workouts. Tuesday I did Caroline Girvan 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + Day 26 of EPIC Dumbbell Full Body Strength Workout Complexes, which was good. Each complex is 10 minutes so I was able to get into "the zone" and rep out. There are 4 moves per complex - usually 2 UB & 2 LB. I will say that her complex workouts are more metabolic since you're moving through them without stopping between moves. Monday was Cathe's Perfect HiiT High Impact + Extended Stretch since I was short on time. But yesterday - boy howdy!! I did Linda's Barlates Body Blitz Interval Workout Cardio Sculpt Workout - Endurance 110 Singles and Doubles and felt it! She used about 2 lb weights and I used 2 or 3 lb weights, depending on the move. There was definitely a cardio effect since she moved quickly. And the reps...the reps...the reps...I guess 110! But it was really good for me to balance out Caroline's workouts.
Thanks Cataddict for the heads up about CL mobility today. Depending on how long it is I might do something else with it. I also want to try some of Amy Bento Ross's Studio workouts on YT. Might do one of hers followed by Cathe's mobility. Hmmm...something to consider!

Hugs and waves all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 10:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

So, Watulans, Caroline Girvan tried to kill me today. Well, not her exactly, but her Epic Day 19 total body workout. manleym said it was tough, and boy howdy yes it was. I started with a weight that was close to Caroline's. That lasted through the first complex and two leg exercises then I dropped down. The format is 45 seconds of work, 15 seconds of rest, with every four exercises a repeat of a complex of squats, deadlifts, rows, and shoulder press. Otherwise no repeats. I liked that the exercises were different than the Cathe Lives I've mostly been doing, using heavier weights and movements like wall squats. I can see myself doing this one again, maybe with the lighter weights the whole time or fewer reps with heavier weights.

It lasted more than an hour counting the separate warmup I did, so no time for Cathe's new Live mobility workout. Has anyone tried it yet? Is it similar to what she did in the Perfect 30 mobility workout?

Oh, the surprise of the week. It's been chilly here (highs in the fifties) so DH went out with the intention of pulling out the beans since we assumed they were done. He came back in the house with a dozen good size beans! We had no idea since we hadn't seen flowers on the plants in over a week. So he decided not to pull up the plants quite yet.

manleym, one of Amy's shorter You Tube workouts followed by Cathe's mobility sounds like a good plan. Maybe this weekend for me. I can't recall how much the discount is that Cathe offers, but I think her full price DVDs are more than KCM. IIRC Kelly does shorter presales, so Cathe has the money for longer if that's a factor for you.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in