Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-19, 10:05 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I had asked about it in the chat. Basically the woman told me it's not something they sell or advertise, but a downgrade option for those who are already subscribers. She really discouraged it and said it leads to having a lock icon on a lot of the workouts.

I'm doing the free trial right now, and I LOVE the 30 minute weekly workouts. I've done three of the them the last three days. The only improvement I could think of is that i'd like the music a wee bit louder, and also a Search by instructor feature would be nice.

Although I don't think it's overly pricy for the large library, it's a bit pricy for me considering I also subscribe to another platform (Essentrics). I gave up my Body Groove subscription (I also have quite a few Body groove DVDs), but still not sure i can justify 30$ USD a month for Barre3. I'll keep thinking about it, but for now i'll enjoy the trial!
I hear you as I also subscribe to other platforms. I have ETV and Ellen that I use regularly and did buy a Black Friday Gaia membership that I don't utilize much. I'm thinking on upgrading my membership if/when they do a Black Friday deal.

Barre3 does have a nice streaming service. I like all the shapes, sizes, and focus on health; getting stronger, calmer, enhancing life. It has a nice variety of workout lengths so I can squeeze in something alongside other workouts. I like that it has gotten me moving in other ways....in particular planks and floorwork on a regular basis.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-19, 03:40 PM  
Exercise Diva

For anyone interested in a $10 subscription, I finally did hear from Barre 3.

The $9.99 plan that someone mentioned to you is not something we sell on our website, it is an offer that is on our cancellation page. This is for our basic subscription that we no longer sell, but only offer to those that wish to cancel. The basic subscription includes access to the 'Workout Library' which has a range of 10, 30, 40 & 60 minutes workouts. This does not include the NEW! 30 minute Weekly Workouts. Just to be super clear with you, if you are someone that enjoys the 30 minute workouts most, the basic subscription can be a little inconvenient as many of the 30 minute workouts appear 'locked' so you have to scroll through to find the workouts that are unlocked.

We are also about to relaunch/update our entire website experience in October, and I believe at that point, the basic subscription offer on the cancellation page will be removed and no longer available.

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you have any further questions - I'm happy to help! And you can totally visit the cancel page from your account and then choose to opt into the lower plan if you wish.

Warmly,

Ivy
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 05:28 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Wow, that's interesting. I did an annual subscription when they offered a deal a few months ago. I would probably be up for that $10 subscription at some point, so it's too bad that it's going to go away. I am very curious about the website relaunch! I wonder what they are going to offer?

I do think there is a lot of great material on the site, and it does have some very nice features, but $30/month is a LOT. I would not pay that. I think unless I can score another deal, I will let go of my subscription when it comes up for renewal.... but I will miss it!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 05:33 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
The only improvement I could think of is that i'd like the music a wee bit louder, and also a Search by instructor feature would be nice.
Regarding the music volume, some of the workouts have the music very loud, while others are quieter. I haven't been able to discern why this is (older v. more recent or anything else) but I find the volume is not consistent.

I agree a search by instructor filter would be nice. I love every video led by Christa Joy, and I troll around looking for ones I haven't done before!

Someone in the comments of one video suggested they offer a way to comment on the workouts you have in your favorites folder, and I'd second that for sure. It's hard to remember why one was preferred over another. It would be nice to have a way to keep notes on each one.

I kind of feel like for what they charge, we should get cadillac options!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 09:03 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Regarding the music volume, some of the workouts have the music very loud, while others are quieter. I haven't been able to discern why this is (older v. more recent or anything else) but I find the volume is not consistent.

I agree a search by instructor filter would be nice. I love every video led by Christa Joy, and I troll around looking for ones I haven't done before!

Someone in the comments of one video suggested they offer a way to comment on the workouts you have in your favorites folder, and I'd second that for sure. It's hard to remember why one was preferred over another. It would be nice to have a way to keep notes on each one.

I kind of feel like for what they charge, we should get cadillac options!
I also love Crista Joy! She is the reason why I wanted that feature. Agreed on the cadillac options. Would be nice. I sure do hope they have a Black Friday special. I checked to see what 30 USD would be in CAD, and it's quite expensive... Looking forward to seeing what the re-launch looks like.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming