Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-19, 12:54 PM  
kat999

Apple Watch users: how do you classify a fusion workout?

When I use my Apple Watch to capture a workout, I try to use the predefined categories as much as possible, but often these categories don't fit well, and in some cases, it thinks a workout is completed (and will annoyingly ping me to ask if I'm finished), probably because that category of workout should elicit a different level of movement or calorie burn. Today, for example, I did Ellen Barrett's Barefoot Cardio, which I think of as a mix of barre, pilates, yoga, ballet, aerobics, and bodyweight training. I don't think I've actually done this workout since I owned my AW, so I wasn't sure what the best fit was, and I wound up choosing yoga, simply because to me, it feels a little bit more yogic in terms of breathing and arm placement. However, the AW pinged me LITERALLY every two minutes to ask if I was finished, despite the fact that I achieved a 258 calorie burn overall and at times my heart rate was up toward my maximum recommended exertion level.

In the future, therefore, I obviously don't want to choose the yoga category for this one anymore, but what would be a better category? I have a lot of workouts like this one, so I would love to prevent this from happening again.
Old 06-06-19, 02:17 PM  
nschultz

I classify as mixed cardio for those types of workouts.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 02:48 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by nschultz View Post
I classify as mixed cardio for those types of workouts.
Hmm, I don't think I have that option by default. I have the old series 1 Watch. Or is this one you custom-added?
Old 06-07-19, 07:05 AM  
nschultz

I didn’t custom add it. I do however have the Series 3, maybe it has more options 🤷🏼*♀️
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 09:20 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by nschultz View Post
I didn’t custom add it. I do however have the Series 3, maybe it has more options 🤷🏼*♀️
Ah, okay, that must be it. Next time I do something like this, I might try to "other" option and see what it lets me do, since I appear to have fewer default workout types.
Old 06-07-19, 10:18 AM  
Jules

You can turn off the annoying "End Workout" notifications - that's what I did. Just go into the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down and open the Workout icon. There you will find a toggle switch to turn off the End Workout Reminder.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 11:07 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
You can turn off the annoying "End Workout" notifications - that's what I did. Just go into the Watch app on your iPhone, scroll down and open the Workout icon. There you will find a toggle switch to turn off the End Workout Reminder.
Oh, my gosh THANK YOU!

Tags
apple watch