Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-15, 03:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Wow thank you everyone for the great feedback! That Cyber Monday deal cannot be passed up!
Pat,

You've asked about their customer service - I've dealt with them a couple of different times on different issues (once when I intended to do a long term subscription and accidentally did a one month subscription instead - they refunded my card promptly so I could select the subscription length I really wanted) and they've always been prompt to respond and get my question answered or situation addressed.

One thing they don't do that annoys me - it seems it would be so easy to beef up their online subscription community (dedicated Facebook page, online workout Challenges, etc., a la Suzanne Bowen). I have complained & suggested this several times to them, and I've gotten some indication that they actually intend to do some of this - although it hasn't happened yet.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 04:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Pat,

I am thinking about subscribing. I have done their DVD workouts and also on You Tube you can occasionally find some that have been put up illegally - I have watched those and really like what I see. For me, they seem to be very sustainable (as in, over the long haul, I shouldn't have any injuries!) and they always show modifications - and, you don't feel like you are getting "less" of a workout by modifying.

I like to make up rotations, and I came up w/ this as a way to fit in a variety of workouts I like to do - Margaret Richard, Yoga, Pilates, Fusion...

Day 1 – Barre3; Yoga & walk
Day 2 – Cardio & Pilates
Day 3 – Fusion
Day 4 – Margaret Richard & walk
Day 5 – cardio & Pilates
Day 6 - Barre3; yoga & walk
Day 7 – Yoga & walk

I'm probably going to cave on Monday and subscribe for a year - $5 a month, can't go wrong, I guess!

Donna
Donna, thank you so much for sharing that - you and I seem to have similar needs and wants when it comes to exercise, I think this will work great!

Carol - thank you for that feedback on the CS. I hear so many nice things about Sadie, too.

My son is home for the long weekend and he just carted my Supreme Pilates to the Goodwill. I'm going to look up directions to have a single person barre mounted on that wall it was taking up, and ask him to build me one for Christmas!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 06:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post

My son is home for the long weekend and he just carted my Supreme Pilates to the Goodwill. I'm going to look up directions to have a single person barre mounted on that wall it was taking up, and ask him to build me one for Christmas!
That sounds really nice!

Carol
Old 11-27-15, 08:05 PM  
donnamp

I have a question! Do you have to activate your subscription right away after buying it? I'm just wondering if I could buy it now and activate it later......

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-15, 08:08 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I have a question! Do you have to activate your subscription right away after buying it? I'm just wondering if I could buy it now and activate it later......

Donna
When I bought mine, they mailed me a hard giftcard. Customer service had told me there is no expiration date on the giftcard. I actually have another card and will activate it when my current subscription expires in May or June.
Old 11-27-15, 08:09 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Susie! That is good to know b/c I am a little distracted and not sure I want to jump into barre3 at the moment, but it is such a good deal!

Donna
Old 11-27-15, 08:48 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
When I bought mine, they mailed me a hard giftcard. Customer service had told me there is no expiration date on the giftcard. I actually have another card and will activate it when my current subscription expires in May or June.
I did this too, although it seems like I had to use a new email address when I activated it. Maybe because I was too stupid to figure out how to activate it using my regular email.

Carol
Old 11-27-15, 10:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Eek! My Barre3 subscription has disappeared. It doesn't show that I've ever had a subscription associated with this email. I've emailed customer service. Hopefully they can fix this. I had about 10 months left on this subscription.

Carol
Old 11-28-15, 07:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I did this too, although it seems like I had to use a new email address when I activated it. Maybe because I was too stupid to figure out how to activate it using my regular email.

Carol
I also had to use a new email address when I activated my 1 year subscription after my free trial period expired. I was annoyed by it, but not sufficiently to spend time on trying to figure out how to activate with the email address I've used for free trial.
Old 11-28-15, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Carol - I hope they can figure out your subscription issue!! I hope this one is a gift card that can be activated later, I don't feel like focusing right now so I'd probably get more out of it later!

Donna

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming, hdmi