PeakFitness

Sara Ivanhoe 20 Minute Yoga Makeover
Old 12-30-10, 09:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Another vote for Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week. I love this DVD
And it is Iyengar. Most practices actually run 23-25 minutes if you can spare that additional time. But it's a gem.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-10, 09:48 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
And it is Iyengar. Most practices actually run 23-25 minutes if you can spare that additional time. But it's a gem.
Oh then, this is perfect for the OP!
What about his followup, Ultimate Power Yoga? It also has 5 20min practices and I thought some people said it isn't really "power" yoga but actually similar to AM Yoga. Or am I completely wrong about that?

ETA - There's also his 15-Minute Results Yoga. It has 4 routines done with Mariel Hemingway and the clip at Collage looks nice.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 05:51 PM  
mel VF

Thanks for all the suggestions!
mel VF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 06:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Gina, I just previewed Ultimate Power Yoga the other night but have not tried it. It's gorgeous! The first segment, Power Foundation, is a core focused, hip stretching, interesting sort of practice. Seems geared to get you prepped for sun salutes. It looks like a glorious spine sequence for my bad back.

The second chapter is sun salutations but they are done at a temperate pace. Rodney does jump backs but nobody has to do that. It starts slowly and looks like a nice little vinyasa flow.

Standing poses and backbends are somewhat similar to AMY4YW but with different tweaks and embellishments, while the final chapter, "power restoration" is not restorative in the strict sense, but more of an abbreviated forward bends segment again similar to PY4YW. I believe they called it restorative because forward bends are calming.

Does a yogini need both? I think yes, there are enough differences, especially for Yee fans. I previewed this video for the first time on our new hi def TV and was mesmerized with the beauty of the black sand beach, Hawaiian surf and lava formations.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 06:43 PM  
marmalade

Thanks for asking this, Mel VF!

And thanks to all the VFers who are answering, too. I've been wondering this very thing myself.
marmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 10:58 PM  
herya

Actually I just remembered that YogaToday channel on YouTube has loads of clips, some of them are shorter (up to 10 min), mid-length (ca 20 min) or even full length (60 min) practices. I'm sure you can find something interesting there! I like the 25 min backbends, twists or hamstring stretches with Adi. But there's plenty more.

Tags
judi rice, short yoga, short yoga workouts, yoga, yoga add-ons, yoga for beginners