Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-08, 10:08 AM  
CynDaVaz
VF Supporter

SQUEEZE DVD - defect or not?

Last night I previewed the latest Squeeze DVD and noticed what appears to be a defect on the premixes. The warm up is cut off right after she demonstrates the deadlifts - then it jumps right to the beginning of the workout. What causes me to believe this is a defect is the time indicator on the back of the DVD case. They are slated to be the length of the warm up plus whatever section is being worked on (lower body or upper body). But when the premix is played, the time indicator is a few minutes less than what is advertised on the back of the DVD case. The difference in time is roughly the same as the amount of time it would take to complete the warm up.

I wondered if anyone else had noticed this, or if it was just my copy. Also, I wonder who I should report the issue to - TotalFitnessDVDs (where I purchased the DVD from) or directly to Tracy?
CynDaVaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 10:23 AM  
violingal3

When I bought the workout last year from Tracy, mine was defective. I think I remember a few people having similar issues. I can't say I had the same exact problems as you, but it would freeze and skip. I contacted Tracy and she sent me a new DVD right away, she was excellent in terms of customer service! But since you bought it from TotalFitnessDVDs, I'd probably check with them first.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 10:49 AM  
cindi1

Both premixes on my DVD do just as you described. I thought it was an editing mistake because I think there is a different chapter for the deadlifts and the deadlift instruction. So I thought they put the instruction chapter in the premix instead of the actual warm up or omitted the deadlift warm up by accident.

So - what I'm trying to say is that I assumed it is not a defect in the DVD but an error in editing that can't be easily fixed. But I'm just guessing.
cindi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 10:50 AM  
peanut1129

Mine is same. I have no idea whether it is a defect or not but based on reading reviews, etc. it seems like everyone's is like this.
peanut1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 10:55 AM  
mhetter

Hi I just asked Mary at totalfitness dvds and she was aware of the problem. she received the following from Tracy

We apologize sincerely for the small editing error which occurred in the premixes. The forty seconds of the warm-up were not supposed to be included there. The workout is still intact and solid, and the error does not negatively effect or diminish the workout. The full warm-up is in both the "Full Workout" and the "Mix and Match" menu. Sometimes little imperfections occur, and we thank you for your understanding!"
mhetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 11:29 AM  
CynDaVaz
VF Supporter

Wow, TotalFitnessDVDs is awesomely quick with their customer service. They almost immediately responded with this e-mail:

Quote:
Actually they are all like that. Tracy is aware of the problem and said if anyone notices it I should email them back with this quote from her:

"We apologize sincerely for the small editing error which occurred in the premixes. The forty seconds of the warm-up were not supposed to be included there. The workout is still intact and solid, and the error does not negatively effect or diminish the workout. The full warm-up is in both the "Full Workout" and the "Mix and Match" menu. Sometimes little imperfections occur, and we thank you for your understanding!"
ETA:
OOPS! Mhetter - I didn't notice that you'd already responded. LOL
CynDaVaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 11:47 AM  
yllen

Thank you for the post, I noticed it too and you posting saved another message to Mary who is already and ANGEL!
yllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-08, 07:52 PM  
Cowgirl32

-repeats to self- you don't need this DVD, you do not need this DVD :P...will power's working soooo far
Old 10-23-08, 09:54 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl32
-repeats to self- you don't need this DVD, you do not need this DVD :P...will power's working soooo far
I didn't need it either but I ordered it from Mary this morning and it's on the way here.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-08, 10:08 AM  
cynthia42

I've got this on the way too and I'm trying to picture the error and the explanation. If I want to use the premix, what do I do to get it to play normally? Press the skip button when the deadlift instruction starts?
TIA
cynthia42 is offline   Reply With Quote