Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-04, 07:43 PM  
CandyCane

Unhappy Help please !!!!!!!!! Suggestions....

I am utterly disappointed (after spending $59.95) to find that Margaret Richards' "Sculpture" dvd REFUSES to play on my dvd player. It just sits at the main screen. I've pressed up and down arrows, left and right, enter, play, skip, menu....NOTHING. And I've tried THREE different Sculpture dvds (all sent to me from BodyElectric because I told them my dvd was defective).
I give up.

BUT NOW.....NOW I am in desperate need of a similar workout. Is there something very similar to this? What I want is UPPER body only...NO aerobics...and light weights with tons of reps. I don't want to order an entire series...just one single dvd. That is, of course, unless one upper body strength (lots of reps) workout is so spectacular and CHAPTERED that I can easily skip straight to the sections I want.

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Much thanks !
Kelly
CandyCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-04, 10:25 AM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCane
BUT NOW.....NOW I am in desperate need of a similar workout. Is there something very similar to this? What I want is UPPER body only...NO aerobics...and light weights with tons of reps. I don't want to order an entire series...just one single dvd. That is, of course, unless one upper body strength (lots of reps) workout is so spectacular and CHAPTERED that I can easily skip straight to the sections I want.
First thing came to mind is KV's Great Weighted Workout, but I don't remember it well enough to say if she does upper body as a separate segment.
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-04, 11:15 AM  
Megan
VF Supporter

It is but it's not very good. It's more like AWT and I found some of the exercises to be really awkward. I didn't find it to be a good upper body workout at all.

What about some of Cathe's stuff? Her DVD's are all chaptered and she usually does a lot of reps even in the workouts that aren't supposed to be for endurance. You could even repeat a chapter if you wanted to do more.
Old 12-22-04, 11:21 AM  
gettinripped

Your DVD

Kelly, I've had dvd's that would stick but if I opened the dvd player and pushed the disc slightly it would start playing. Maybe it will work for you as well.
gettinripped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-04, 11:46 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I have a DVD that does it too (can't remember which one) Pressing the forward key on the remote does not work. But pressing the forward key on the DVD player itself does work!
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-04, 08:31 PM  
CandyCane

Nothing works.
gettinripped.... the dvd makes it to the menu page.... but that's as far as it goes, so I don't think pushing on it will work.

firmdancer....I tried using the buttons on the actual dvd player....still nothing.

I'm cursed.

Still looking for a high-repitition upper body strength workout. Surely SOMETHING out there compares?

I was SUPER excited about Cory Everson's Get Hard Arms & Shoulders....until I realized it doesn't come on dvd. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a cheap vcr solely for this workout.
Old 12-23-04, 09:33 AM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Have you considered Joyce Vedral's workouts?

Definition Upper is fast, pyramid, and lots of reps. But, it comes on a DVD with the whole Definition series (Upper, Middle, Lower).

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 12:12 PM  
CandyCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC
Have you considered Joyce Vedral's workouts?

Definition Upper is fast, pyramid, and lots of reps. But, it comes on a DVD with the whole Definition series (Upper, Middle, Lower).

Laura (LCC)

I have Bottoms Up Gold Plus and completely forgot about more Joyce workouts until this morning. Thank you!!!!
Old 12-23-04, 12:30 PM  
Joe

CandyCane,

Did you get the faulty DVD from a swap or did you order it from a company? If you ordered it from a company, call them up and tell them you have a defective one and you need a replacement.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-04, 01:23 PM  
CandyCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
CandyCane,

Did you get the faulty DVD from a swap or did you order it from a company? If you ordered it from a company, call them up and tell them you have a defective one and you need a replacement.
I got it from Body Electric....Margaret Richard's company. And I DID call them...they sent TWO replacements and neither of those work either. I finally gave up. It's a really strange situation.

I'm ordering Joyce Vedral's "Definition Upper"