Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-04, 08:09 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

I guess I've been really lucky. I've never had a defective one that I can recall offhand. My workout room DVD player is a newer Toshiba (purchased in 2002, I think). I do know that my living room DVD player (Toshiba, circa 2000 or 2001) is very finicky about DVD-R's. It will play some but not others.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 08:13 AM  
cz639

Push pull/Supersets (have problems playing it on my Panasonic, works great on my CyberHome)

Fast Cheetah (same as above)

Strong Bear (same as above)

Born to be wild - live to outgrow it.
Lao Tzu
cz639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 09:14 AM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

I also find it difficult to get right to the menu with the new Christi's.

The biggest problems I have had with either DVDs or VHS tapes were caused by damage from being shipped in poor packaging. I have had several DVDs arrive loose in their case and several tapes arrive through the mail with broken cases, one so bad the tape itself was pierced. Of over a couple hundred vhs tapes I have had, only two have been eaten by the vcr.

I had one DVD which worked good for several plays and then froze part of the way through. Fortunately, other people had the same experience. This DVD was replaced twice before the problem was fixed by the DVD manufacturer.

I am with Barb about preferring a vhs tape over an unchaptered DVD. The Tom Holland DVD comes to mind here. I can not even do a time search with it. At least with the newer unchaptered Firm DVDs, I can do a time search.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 09:32 AM  
antbuko

Great Thread!

We should maintain this & have it stickied somewhere - FAQs or something. Thanks to this thread I now know whicd DVDs I can't use, Lotte Berk for one, now I'll know just to get the VHS instead.
Old 11-16-04, 09:53 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Most of Cathe
Gaiam Get Moving
FitPrime Strong Bear
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 09:55 AM  
cmhazlett

The Bar Method DVD's won't play in my brother's PlayStation 2 for some reason. What happens is that it freezes right after that stupid Natural Journeys commercial and it never goes to the main menu. However they play fine in all our other players. I remember seeing somebody on Ya-Ya's posting that the same thing happened to her with the TBM discs in her DVD player as well.

Claire
cmhazlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 10:03 AM  
Joe

Leslie Sansone's Power Walk System DVD... every 5 minutes, it pauses for a second.

Hip Brazil - Brazilian Dance Workout... wouldn't play on its own. Sometime's wouldn't play even after hitting "play" to get it going.

Tae Bo 2004 - Capture The Power's "Strength" DVD - it would freeze during the GoodTimes introduction graphic or, if you could get past that, about 20 minutes into the workout it would freeze.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 11:39 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Weird, I'm beginning to think maybe my Sony 5 DVD changer was a great investment or something, I can't recall having had any problems with DVDs. I do occasionally get a bad one, but once I get a replacement, I have no problems.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 11:53 AM  
gettinripped

Tae Bo Circuit 2, had a problem with it starting up, but opened the dvd player and moved the disk around and then it played fine. Just got this dvd so I don't know if it's going to be an ongoing problem.

Cardio Crunch Salsa freezes sometimes, but I don't use it often, so I don't really care.
gettinripped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-04, 12:11 PM  
Fidget Queen

Beach Body :(

I had just ordered the new Fast 10 DVDs, when I immediately saw Alta's post regarding the glitchy flexibility workout. So, after a week or so of stalling, I tried the DVD last night. Sure enough. Mine doesn't go back to the main menu, but the entire hamstring section is a nightmare!! There is about 20 total sections of actual "playing". The rest is freezing/stalling/breaking up. Now I have to try to get a new one

Sara
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote