Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-22, 08:56 AM  
cyana

Quick fly by, as I need to get to work.

Yesterday, I did Lee's live class. During the last portion, we did the qi gong version of Moon Salutation to honor the full moon. I thought you'd enjoy the names: Moonlight over the Water and Eating the Moon Cream.

Paine - I saw that Dr. Been posted a new video and everyone seems to be doing well. I am seriously overdue for a whole house purge!

Must run, time for my weekly Mindfulness training class - waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 09:52 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

DH and I have been doing a major purge, although he needs his arm twisted to get rid of any of his stuff because - ahem - you never know when you might need it! His Dad was a hoarder too. Now I have to get stuff boxed up for the charity shop, otherwise it'll sit here for ever, if I don't nudge it out of the door.

Yesterday's workouts:
- HealthBarre Challenge Day 6
- Kassandra Day 7 Yin
- JDG Toe Squat.
- Neighbourhood Walk

Today so far:
- HealthBarre Challenge Day 7. As much as I like these workouts, doing an hour's class every single day is starting to get boring. I'm trying to decide whether to blow off the last 3 days or carry on.
- Karin Hip & Rib Mobility
- JDG Day 8 Caterpillar

Cyana - Funny! I often wondered where 'Eating the Moon Cream' originated from. Enjoy your class.

Sandra - Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Paine - I've been watching Dr John Campbell's updates on Omicron. I find the comments people write from all over the world almost as interesting.

Beth - Hope you're not snowed in.

Pat - Your Reiki and Tarot card morning sounded like a lot of fun. I've dabbled briefly with the Tarot but didn't get into it too deeply.

Pam - Hope you're having a great time with your family.

Waves to all.
Old 01-18-22, 10:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Ugh, back at work and first Zoom meeting done, now for the emails. My last day of freedom featured:

~ Bellyfit TV2 class 12 - Rebel Rising
~ Unplugged 1909
~ 4,846 steps

Margot, my DH is a "collector" (cough) too. I'm looking forward to Kassandra's next yin class in this series.

Cyana, I'm glad you're eating moon cream instead of drinking the Kool-Aid! The class sounds wonderful.

Paine, your class with Jackie sounds fun.

Beth, how much snow did you get? Good thing you could work from home.

I better run - waves all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 11:15 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Hamelin D'abell Method - Armatics taster

I did Armatics Taster this morning. I hadn't done that short workout in a year. I used to be able to do it using a set of 3's, 2's and 1 pound weights. Today I could only use 1 pound weights for half the workout then dropped to no weights. How the hell was I able to use 3's and 2's before? Pi$$es me off that I'm not as strong. Beth, do you use weights with that workout? I still got a good workout with it. It is only 12 minutes long. Here it is if anyone wants to try it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6E...melinD%27abell

Cyana, Pat and Margot, I don't know why it's so hard for me to go through clutter and get rid of it. I start to go through it and then think "I might need that some day" so I end up keeping it. I probably should throw it out if I haven't used it in 2 years.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 12:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Not sure about our snowfall totals - maybe 10", maybe more? DH has been out shoveling for over an hour now, so I'll ask when he comes in.

Paine, I think I've attempted Armatics with very light weights (1-2#) but have never gotten through it all. I still am going to try to do it today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 02:43 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I'm still iced in. The guys who plow the driveway and shovel the deck are behind schedule because they're shovelling ice instead of snow. I see UPS delivered a package to my driveway. I'm sure it will be stolen before I ever get to it.

Yesterday I rode the stationary recumbent bike.
Today I'm using my good friend Cubii Jr and maybe I'll do some shoulder work.

No time. Hi to y'all. Phone call.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:20 PM  
YogaGal

On Sunday DH and I did a one-hour bike ride in the neighborhood, but no time for yoga.

On Monday I tried out KCM’s Power Splits for Upper Body. I liked the weight work and the boxing finisher. I did vary the exercises a bit rather than repeat the same one for 3 sets. For example, for chest I did bench press, then flies, then did alternating one-arm bench press for the third set. I also used my 2# dbs during the boxing finisher.

On Tuesday I needed something easy since I was sore from Kelly’s workout on Monday so I opted for Jessica Smith’s 15-minute Fast Fat Blasts: Belly Blaster and then Yoga with Joelle’s Yoga for Heart Health. I still need to do the final yin yoga set from Kassandra’s yoga, but after previewing it, I want to save it for a time when I need an enjoyable slow and relaxing practice, perhaps before bed some night this week.

Will return tomorrow for personals, but in the meantime, Stay Safe and Warm everyone!
Old 01-18-22, 09:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, thanks for reporting on KCM's new workouts; I was reading about them and had some interest in both.

Paine, I did do Armatics Taster today definitely found it tough with no weights!

Linda, that's tough about the ice! We got a couple of packages to our front door today - after DH spent several hours shoveling.

I think our total snowfall was about 12", but the roads were fine when I went out to teach yoga tonight.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. I'm back in the slow zone again, this back and forth weather is playing with my autoimmune issues. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Lee Holden Qigong for Back Pain - lying face up
~ YWK Restorative Yoga for Aching Joints
~ 4,937 steps

Hoping to be a little more active today and finish up LWR's Advent challenge soon - only two classes left! She has a shred type of challenge now, I might consider that later.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 12:27 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Ballet Baby Energized and Elegant Pregnancy DVD (Mat workout and Standing workout)

I liked the Mat workout from the other Ballet Baby DVD that I did a few days ago better than the one I did this morning. The Mat workout I did today had some awkward moves but I did enjoy the side lying thigh work. The Standing workout had some challenging Swan Arms and weighted arm work that were really good.

Beth, Armatics Taster is a good shoulder workout.

Carolyn, I think it's great that you and your DH bike ride together. My DH won't exercise with me because I don't do intense workouts like he does. He doesn't like walking either because it isn't intense enough.

Pat, hope you feel better soon.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote