Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-19-22, 04:39 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Hdw, I hate it went I hit my knee with a dumbbell or a kettlebell. It happens so fast and hurts so bad. Ugh!

Today was Epic #11 Upper Body. I used 35 lb and 15 lbs (CG used 38 and 17.5 with her metric system that everyone uses but the US). I decided to do the finisher with a 20. My arms were jello when I was done. For some crazy reason I decided to do KayKay Rise and Shine day 18 EMOM with 20lbs and 12lbs. It almost killed me.

Gigi, I vote for working out any day over cleaning house. Haha. Cleaning can be a workout all by itself though.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:09 AM  
Daffie

Posted in wrong section but don’t know how to delete.
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 10:09 AM  
donnamp

Alison - I really like Annie's channel for my PT needs - that piriformis one I mentioned is one I do frequently to keep my glutes/hips happy. Ugh - I remember those orthodontist days!

Today was not a You Tube day - I did a Classical Stretch episode from Season 20 and a Jessica Valent arm workout from her Unlimited Streaming services - although it may be on You Tube - she does frequently post there as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 06:21 PM  
gigi

I took a full rest day. I went as heavy as I could on yesterday's strength portions of HiiT legs.
No school today but I had a teams meeting and got some work done from home. No school again tomorrow, but I plan to write finish one IEP and write another. Looking forward to tomorrow's workout. Since it is Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, I may even tack on a short cardio.
Old 01-19-22, 08:42 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did Mossa Fight #7 and add on 2 songs from Mossa Centergy #6. They fit the bill as I'm still struggling with one knee on certain moves.

Looking forward for tomorrow's HR upper body.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 03:29 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Today was Epic #12 Hamstrings and Glutes 46 min. Ugh! Hate glute work. It’s like broccoli or squash but I like them more. Lol. A necessary evil. I followed it with a quick Courtney Anderson 30 minute kickboxing with light weights (5lbs).
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 10:51 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Today was Epic #12 Hamstrings and Glutes 46 min. Ugh! Hate glute work. It’s like broccoli or squash but I like them more. Lol. A necessary evil. I followed it with a quick Courtney Anderson 30 minute kickboxing with light weights (5lbs).
LOL — I love broccoli and squash…AND glute work! (But I totally hate cardio…)

Today's workout:
20 min. Rowing circuit from British Rowing.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=st_AakadXdk

10 minute light-weight arms
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDb3ufOwpUs

Joelle’s SI Joint pain stretch (which is just one of my go-to, all around good stretches for post-lower body work)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-22, 06:05 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I did Mossa Fight #7 and add on 2 songs from Mossa Centergy #6. They fit the bill as I'm still struggling with one knee on certain moves.

Looking forward for tomorrow's HR upper body.
I always struggle with my left arm/shoulder. I have to be very careful and modify some body weight/plank type moves.

I just finished Day 13: Chest, Tri's, & Shoulders. I appreciate that the exercises are not changed up completely so I can see my progress. I'm hoping she will change it up each month though. I feel that this is a very well thought out program.

I want to find time to fit in MOSSA workouts but right now I'm needing the rest days. I wish they would put together all the relaxing parts of Centergy for a relaxing Centergy workout to do after a main workout.

Another e-Learning day tomorrow. It's crazy. Next week is going to be like the first week after winter break....gah! It's been such a relaxing week for me though and I did enjoy the beautiful snow.
Old 01-20-22, 06:09 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I'm in awe of your workout capability. I used to be in such great shape. I used to deadlift a 1 rep max of 270lb. and I bench pressed 140. I *think* I used to squat up to 175 but I always wanted a spotter. After my divorce, I went to the gym and started out in their metabolic classes. Then, after I lost weight and got stronger, I moved to Beast, then to Barbell club. I LOVED Barbell Club. We lifted and did metabolic workouts. That gym had the best programming but the atmosphere became very toxic.

Anyhoo, I started with home workouts and I'm doing them again. I will never get the results that I want if I don't focus on fueling my body properly.
Old 01-20-22, 06:10 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
LOL — I love broccoli and squash…AND glute work! (But I totally hate cardio…)

Today's workout:
20 min. Rowing circuit from British Rowing.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=st_AakadXdk

10 minute light-weight arms
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDb3ufOwpUs

Joelle’s SI Joint pain stretch (which is just one of my go-to, all around good stretches for post-lower body work)
I LOVE that you can find rowing workouts on youtube!

Tags
bobandbrad