Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-16-22, 10:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Very low key day for me, I only accomplished day 3 of Kassandra's yoga/meditation challenge. I had to modify but it was a nice little routine that gets a lot done in 15 minutes. I did some reading and got a bathroom cabinet decluttered and scrubbed down. I have too much Paula's Choice.

Paine, thank you for the sweet potatoes info. I have not seen the Hawaiian SPs around here but my organic coop has the all purple ones. I bought a couple but the taste was a little earthy/funky/not sweet. What was very interesting was when I peeled and cut them in cubes they looked like vegan stew meat.

Hi KarenJo, I'm sorry to hear about your bicep. That injury derails you for so many things. How awful about your poor Mom, I hope she pulls through. Sending prayers.

Carolyn, W3 is a big challenge for me too especially with hands near heart. I do better with "airplane wings" arms but even then it's a stumblefest attempt.

Beth, oh no stay safe with all that snow! Yikes.

Hello to Margot, Pam and everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 12:25 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Ballet Baby Fit and Graceful Pregnancy (Mat Workout; Swan Arms and Gentle Stretch segment)

I found my Mary Helen Bowers Pregnancy DVDs! I'm glad I kept them. Many years ago they were way too easy for me and I thought I'd keep them for when I'm 80 (if I live that long). Damn it and curses that I need them now at 66 rather than 80! The truth is that I haven't been working out as hard as I used to so this is where I am today. I really liked the Mat workout that I did today. I used only 2 pound weights for the arm work and got a good workout with that.

KarenJo, I'm sorry to hear your mom has covid again! I'm sending her healing thoughts and hope she recovers soon.
It's good to hear that your husband is doing well.

Pam, enjoy spending time with your family in Hawaii!
I love sweet potatoes too.

Carolyn, I bet you are enjoying your new iPad. I like using my iPad for workouts that are on all 4's because I can set my iPad on the floor and easily see the workout.

Cyana, Dr. John Campbell is saying that we will all end up getting Omicron eventually which is not fun to think about.
I still want to see The Surgeon's Cut! I'm not bothered by seeing surgical procedures and find that fascinating. We have been binge watching episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and really have enjoyed it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 03:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, so funny about decluttering the bathroom - we were talking about decluttering on our weekly family Skype call yesterday, and my one sister said one of the books she read on decluttering recommended starting with the bathroom because there's usually the least number of sentimental things there. I think it's good to have the occasional "low key" day fitness wise.

Paine, for being 66, you do some things that are definitely tougher than I do (like Armatic Taster with weights) at almost 54! The good thing is that we are all staying active.

cyana, BRRR right back at you! Hope you get what you are hoping for accomplished today.

My boss has said we can stay home tomorrow if the roads are bad, so I am already planning on a work-from home day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 07:14 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

My cold is progressing along. Thank you all for your healing thoughts! Luckily I've been able to control the symptoms well enough to function at work last week but this was my first day exercising since Monday.

Today's Workout: Sections from Margaret Richard's Sculpture Upper Body. I also got in a 1-hour outdoor walk.

Sorry for the lack of personals, but I do want to wish my East Coast Barefoot Buddies to stay warm and safe!

Take care.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 08:38 PM  
cyana

Got thrown a bit of a curve this afternoon. There was a technical issue in Holden World, so we didn't have class number 4 of the breathwork series, but Lee did what he referred to as class 3.5, and taught us some new techniques, did a lengthy Q&A session and the 4th class will be in 2 weeks. It was around 2.5 hours, so a nice bonus to have Lee live and work on more advanced exercises. We'll get the recording of the class in our subscriber center and have the opportunity to participate in additional practice classes before we wrap everything up. Everyone seemed to take it in stride - perhaps because they are qi gong practitioners and go with the flow?

I elected not to do any bulk cooking today, so I cooked up some veggies for dinner and had plenty of leftovers to put in the refrigerator to start the week.

Sandra - I'm glad you're feeling well enough to exercise.

Paine - I think Dr. Campbell is likely correct that the overwhelming majority of us will end up with Omicron at some point. Dr. Been (Drbeen Medical Lectures - Dr. Mobeen Syed) and his wife have COVID. He hasn't posted today, so I hope they're both OK. He posted a video yesterday and mentioned he was a bit worried about his wife. I could've written your comment "The truth is that I haven't been working out as hard as I used to so this is where I am today." Trying to change that in 2022, but decided job number 1 to begin 2022 was to work on sleep hygiene.

Beth - I'm glad you have the option to work from home tomorrow. I'll be working, too, unfortunately.

Pat - I haven't ordered Paula's Choice in years. DS and I used to use some of her skin care products. I also purchased a number of the travel sizes for business travel - those were great. I did a bathroom closet purge last year and it felt great.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 11:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day! I'm enjoying the day off and had my fourth sleep-in, long meditation, Reiki and this morning I played with my tarot cards too. Tomorrow I'm back to 5:30 a.m. and trying to squeeze in a five minute meditation. Yesterday featured:

~ My own pre-gym yoga/PT routine
~ GYM for 15 recumbent and an hour of weight machines plus static lunges and step-ups
~ 5,552 steps

Cyana it sounds like Lee did a nice job making lemonade there. That's the best part of the subscription, learning different and more advanced moves. Plus the meditation.

Sandra, it's good to hear you haven't been felled as hard as with the last cold.

Good morning Beth, Paine and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 01:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday’s workouts:
~Walkabout, 11,000 steps
~Family beach time, short swim
~Moon Salutations (Mind Body Soul YT)

Paine & Cyana - I agree that Omicron will quite likely become endemic & we will probably all get it at some point. I know there are workouts I did several years ago that wouldn’t work for me now. I’ve dialed down my intensity but still have a lot of active minutes every day.

Pat - Hope your back is better. My bathroom definitely needs a declutter!

Beth - Hope you don’t get too much snow

Sandra - Glad your cold is better.

Margot - Not sure that pontoon pose would work for me using a block, looks uncomfortable. I have a soft half roller at home and I might try it with a soft blanket on top.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 01:43 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - I am working from home today. Not sure how much snow we got b/c it is wet and still snowing - maybe 10 inches? Glad I didn't have to drive!

Stay warm, all!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-17-22, 03:55 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I took Jackie's Essentrics class.

Beth, it's been a long time since I've done Armatic Taster so when I do it again, I'll have to see if I can still use weights with it.
I'm so glad you didn't have to drive today.

Cyana, I didn't know that Dr. Mobeen Syed and his wife have covid. I saw his newest YouTube yesterday and it sounds like he and his wife are feeling better and his son is OK too.
I hope your sleep hygiene methods improve the quality of your sleep.

Pat, I like seeing how you go to the gym so often to workout!

Pat and Cyana, I need to do a bathroom clutter purge. Shoot, I need to do a whole house purge! I have too much crap.

Pam, you are one of the most active people in this check-in and I admire how much exercise you are able to do consistently!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 04:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I'm glad I didn't have to drive today too! I might try to do Armatics tomorrow.

I actually had a pretty productive day of working at home!

Follow me @YogiBethC