Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-21, 04:44 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, my DH and my 6 year old grandson miss the snow but I don't miss it, not one bit! I agree with you in that if I never saw snow again, I'd be fine with that. Our 3 year old grandson doesn't remember the snow. My DH loved the snow and he even loved shoveling the snow off our driveway! I especially hated going to the market when it was snowing. Pushing a heavy full market basket cart through 8 inches of snow in the parking lot was difficult. I would have to push with all my might to get the cart to move through that thick snow.
Enjoy your dinner with family tomorrow!

I'm sending hugs to all who need them!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 09:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas Eve!

Todays workouts:
~Functional fitness cleaning & organizing for the family to arrive tomorrow
~Neighbourhood walk - between the two I cracked through 9,000 steps
~Movement for Modern Life - Wrist Free Flow

Paine - The visual of you pushing a shopping cart through the snow is not a fun one! I grew up on the prairies where we had cold snowy winters. I’ve been away from that for 16 years now and I don’t miss it. I’ll happily take the rain!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-21, 09:54 PM  
JustSandra

Dropping by to say hi!

No formal workout yesterday or today. We did finally have a break in the rain here today, so I got in not just one but two long outdoor walks. Rain coming back tonight through Monday, but after that we should have a dry stretch. I appreciate all the rain, but it does get in the way of my walks.

We will have a little family Christmas gathering tomorrow afternoon (this year my grandniece is with her daddy on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning).

Linda: So sorry to hear about your back! Please take care.

Waving to all my Barefoot Buddies!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 10:25 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas mat mavens!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 10:26 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:38 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 11:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I wish you all could see the pumpkin bread I made. It looks like a fossilized reindeer turd. I'm not a baker to begin with, so it was a risk from the start. But I swapped out a gluten free flour blend for regular wheat flour and evidently there's a whole different chemistry for gluten free baking. A friend asked if my baking powder was old. The recipe didn't call for baking powder, just soda, so right there that could be a typo. It has the appearance of a riverbank during a drought - the cracked mud look.

Anyway, yesterday I hit the gym for 15/15/15 of treadmill/recumbent/elliptical and Jane Adams' Gentle Yoga, Core Strength and Flexibility. It worked well for combining a bit of core strength and stretching. Also 7,600 steps just from hustling and bustling around.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, sending hugs all around.
Old 12-25-21, 12:24 PM  
cyana

Merry Christmas!

My London broil is marinating in the refrigerator. Trying a new recipe today and keeping my fingers crossed all goes well. Otherwise you may find me out in the back yard later this afternoon with a shovel burying the evidence! I'll have plenty of veggies just in case. DH will probably have a cup of hot chocolate for dessert and I'll have a cup of golden milk.

DH drove me around to look at the Christmas lights last night, which was fun. We have lots of older homes in our town, and the decorated cottages were super cute. Some of the large homes were quite impressive with candles and wreaths in every window - all 20 plus in some cases.

I could've re-written The Night Before Christmas yesterday, except as The Afternoon Before Christmas. I had a wonderful nap with a nice warm cat curled up on my legs. Unfortunately, I slept through my work-out time, so breathwork and meditation was all that I did. I'm thinking today will either be LWR (one of her Advent work-outs) or Jessica's YT Momentum walk and some yin. And maybe a short walk after dinner (unless I'm out back burying the London broil, LOL - functional fitness of the bizarre variety).

Pat - OMG, that was a hysterical description of your bread! My frequent disclaimer is that I don't bake because there are too many rules to follow. I'm sorry you were feeling a bit mopey and blue this week. I don't know if it was the Positive Affirmation meditation I did several days ago, but I decided today would be a day that I'd fill my heart with wonderful memories from Christmases past and I've had a smile on my face all morning. My dad was one of five children. They were poor as dirt growing up, but there was never a shortage of love in their house. We always did Christmas lunch with his big family and it was full of delicious food, aunts, uncles, cousins, new babies, pets - and love.

Pam - I hope your granddaughters enjoy a White Christmas. I was texting with a friend from Seattle last night, and he was moaning about the record cold in the Pacific NW. I really like Wrist Free Flow.

Paine
- I cannot even imagine piloting my grocery cart across the parking lot in 8 inches of snow!!!! I hope you get to relax a bit today after hosting last evening - sounds like it was going to be a fun gathering. I hope your grandsons are having a wonderful day.

Sandra - Enjoy your family get-together today!

Sherry
- I'm with you on 30 minutes or less for work-outs these days. I have to laugh when I recall years past when I turned up my nose at anything much under an hour - silly me!

Margot
- I firmly believe doing short, frequent meditations and breathwork made a huge difference in getting through my busy season this year. I'm so happy to have developed that habit. I won't say busy season was easy, but my stress level wasn't nearly as high.

Beth - Sounds like you got in a well-rounded work-out yesterday.

Linda
- Hope your back is improving.

Going to go throw a salad together for my brunch.

Peace and good will to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 02:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Christmas all!

Pat, LOL about the bread - but how does it taste?

cyana, I need a Christmas nap already!

No workout for me today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-21, 05:22 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm hiding away to get in my daily yoga.

Beth - it tastes great! It has some textural issues but it's mighty good.

Cyana - thanks so much for what you wrote. It really warmed my heart, and made me remember all the good times in my family. It was always a struggle to make ends meet but somehow we all made the best of it and I never felt that we wanted for anything, because we all loved each other. Good luck with your recipe!

Tags
gluten free