Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-21, 03:05 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone.

Today's workouts:
- Karin's webinar on the Pelvic Floor, plus 1 hour practice. Excellent information and I was able to pinpoint my weak areas. My pelvis was tilted as usual to the right when I started but when I measured it again with the spirit level afterwards, my hips were level and all the tightness in my calf had gone. I'm hoping that doing this workout regularly will eventually bring me back into alignment for good. Fingers crossed! Callanetics has helped a lot but injuring my back last week, just threw it all out again.
- Short neighbourhood walk
- Beth's Solstice Sleep Story. It was so nice to relax and chill out while listening to the reading. Loved it. Thank you Beth. It's a great practice for this time of year when everything is so hectic. I really needed it.

Talking of which, I need to get on with some baking. My Instant Pot arrived today and I can't wait to start experimenting with it.

Waves to all. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 12-21-21, 03:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I'm so glad you liked the practice! I wasn't sure what others would think of me doing a sleep story but was bolstered by Linda's encouragement.

Is that slings practice on YouTube? I definitely want to try that one!

I'm doing my holiday baking on Christmas eve since we won't be going anywhere that day (and I don't have much to do).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 03:23 PM  
Margot

Beth, it took me back to having a bedtime story when I was little.

Unfortunately, that Slings practice is not on YT. Karin put out a series of webinars this year and I bought this class 'Myofascial Pathway to the Pelvic Floor: Adductor Magnus' on Vimeo. The descriptions are here:
https://www.art-of-motion.com/en/web...ar-series-2021

I was intrigued by this class because she talks about stabilising the sacroiliac joints from within rather than externally and I have a hunch that my left SI joint may be at the root of my problem.
Old 12-21-21, 03:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, thanks for that link - I like the Slings work enough that I would actually consider purchasing, but I'll look for something similar on their YouTube channel in the meantime.

Calm.com offers some nice sleep stories; this one is my absolute favorite (I use it when I'm so exhausted that I need a midday nap):
https://youtu.be/5mGifCwig8I

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-21-21, 03:52 PM  
sherry7899

Beth, I will have to try your story tonight. I keep waking up during the night, or waking up at 3 am for the day (sigh).

Today all I could do was a 20 minute SaraBeth yoga for stress. I had hoped to take a walk, but I don't have the energy.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 07:10 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did Beth's Solstice Sleep Story and went to sleep.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 09:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, sorry about your sleep issues; waking up in the middle of the night is tough. I hope the practice is helpful to you (you could even modify and it in bed rather than with the chair).

Linda, hope you had a sound rest!

After teaching yoga tonight, I came back and did AM Yoga for Your Week, first time in awhile. The Forward Folds practice felt just right!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-21-21, 11:23 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Our Beth's Solstice Sleep Story on YouTube. Thank you for this one. I especially appreciated the reminder about using a cushion between the seat and the heels in Child's Pose. Before I hurt my right knee several months ago I used to be able to easily sit on my heels, but even though I think I am mostly healed there is residual stiffness that prevents me from doing that now. I'll be able to incorporate that modification in other routines that I do.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 08:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, so glad you liked the practice! Child's pose is definitely one that I enjoy practicing different ways at different times, depending on how my body feels/what my body needs. My knees are okay in that pose, but my left knee gets a little cranky at time with certain standing lunge moves.

Happy Wednesday (Hump Day)! I'm sure it's more than halfway through the week for some of us; tomorrow is another Friday on Thursday for me since I'm off on Friday.

I think I first saw a version of this meme on Pam's FB and thought it was hilarious; it would definitely be a good backup for me!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-22-21, 08:32 AM  
cyana

Quick post and run -

Tuesday:
YT - Solstice Sleep Story Gentle Floor Yoga - Beth (thanks, Beth )

Wednesday (so far):
YT - TBP - Fun 15 Minute Low Impact (alias the Stevie Wonder work-out, one of my all-time favorite short work-outs). Used 3 lb DB's and also wore my BFR bands. Was happy to have gotten some sweat going. Posted 9.23.2020.
YT - BellyFit in Jamaica - Part 1. Posted 10.19.2015
YT - 15 Minute Morning Twist and Stretch - YwK. Posted 12.14.2020

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gluten free