Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-21, 01:24 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

So far today I've walked 2 miles.

Margot, sorry about the shocking news you've had.
Yes, it seems like the Omicron variant is heading us back to where this all started. I wonder when it will all end.

Pam, you have a cute avatar!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 02:44 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Greetings all. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ One miler at osprey trail
~ GYM for 20/20/10 of recumbent bike, treadmill and arc trainer
~ 7,795 steps

Margot - sending hugs - I'm so sorry to learn that you and DH have had such bad news. Best wishes as you continue down the sorting it out path. Omicron is making us feel like it's starting over, too - a lot of restaurants in my town temporarily shut down because their entire staffs are sick. And we had just lifted mask mandates.

Paine, is that a virtual reality exercise video? I wonder how long before VF workout videos will be common.

Beth, you have so many videos I need to catch up on! I'll have to start my sadhana with your solstice video.

Waves all - time for more Christmas prep. I'm looking forward to Dec. 26.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 05:54 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! Last farmer's market until January today. The most exciting thing - one of my vendors (who has become a friend over the years) found my favorite chickpea miso at a local market where she shops for supplies and gifted me two tubs for a surprise Christmas gift. I dearly love this stuff and could just sit down and eat it with a spoon, but now I can enjoy having a cup on the chilly days without worrying about running out any time soon. I'd been staring at the bottom of my last tub, wondering how many more servings I could scrape out, LOL!

Tomorrow is my third class in Lee's breathing workshop series. Hoping to get in a gentle practice this evening.

Margot - It's good to see you, but I'm sorry that you and DH received distressing news. I listen to some of Dr. John Campbell's YT videos regarding COVID, and he gave some of the UK's latest stats today.

Beth - Ick on fillings, but at least you got it out of the way. Is the winter storm heading your way?

Paine - Lasagna sounds good to me - let me know what time to show up! That VR looked interesting - I've never tried on any VR glasses.

Pam - I think the description of your fryer including reference to an easy clean interior, so I didn't know if it had some sort of special non-toxic coating. Love your snowman - great sense of balance!

Pat - Hope you enjoyed a nice warm walk yesterday at the osprey trail.

Must run - DH has dinner ready and is summoning me to eat. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 06:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, I'm not certain but I think the virtual reality exercise video I linked to is from some type of paid subscription service. Our 2 sons both play video games with friends online and I asked them if they ever tried to exercise like that. One son said that exercising with the headset on is awkward because of sweat and the headset itself bouncing all over. Another son said he and his fiancé play a virtual reality game that's pretty active but sweat is a problem with the headset. I never even thought about the sweat issue with headset but it's a good point. They need to improve the headset and make it lighter.

Cyana, what a thoughtful gift your local market vendor gave you! What is the brand of chickpea miso that you love? I'll have to see if I can find it.
I also listen regularly to Dr. John Campbell's YT videos regarding COVID--I really like him!
Old 12-18-21, 06:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Aww, Pat, that feels like an honor to have your sadhana start with my video! I'll have to make it a good one.

cyana, it was snowing this morning, but it kind of died out; I don't think we got more than an inch or two. Some additional snow showers are forecast for tomorrow; currently it is saying mid-50s for Christmas Day! Enjoy Lee tomorrow - I'm looking forward to going to the solstice class my friend is teaching.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 09:06 PM  
cyana

Paine - The brand is Miso Master. Here's their web site: https://great-eastern-sun.com . I like how Dr. Campbell goes through the various papers and discusses the points and why he does or doesn't agree with things. I also like Dr. Mobeed Syed - DrBeen Medical Lectures - he digs into the data and is not a fear-monger. He interviewed Professor Terrence Kommal (MD) from South Africa on the 15th - I haven't had a chance to listen to that one yet, but did a short preview and I'm looking forward to listening, as he sounds very sharp, common sense and data-driven.

Beth - Enjoy your Solstice class tomorrow. I'm glad you aren't buried under snow.

Need to go monitor the cat. He's barfed up his food twice this evening. Not sure what's up with that.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 10:10 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

No workout Friday as that is my usual rest day.

Today's Workout: Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set.

Margot: I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with shocking news! I hope things work out okay.

Cyana: That's such a thoughtful gift from your farmers market vendor! Hope kitty is feeling better. One of my boys has a sensitive tummy.

Beth: I guess I was a little confusing re my work schedule. I work part time on a Wednesday through Saturday schedule. So next week I work on Wednesday and Thursday, but will have Friday and Saturday off. Definitely not working a bunch of days in a row!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 12:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga with Mimi Solaire (Leg & Hip practice)

Cyana, I think the Whole Foods market near me has the chickpea Miso Master brand. I will look the next time I go there.
I haven't heard about Drbeen Medical Lectures--I will check him out on YouTube!
How is your cat today?
Old 12-19-21, 01:51 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I have to fly by today - wrapping up to my elbows!

~ YWK Yin Yoga for Back Bends & Spine Flexibility
~ GYM for 15 recumbent plus 35 blast through some weight machines and dumbbells
~ 5,979 steps

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-21, 02:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, did you like the Kassandra practice? Sounds like a good one.

I filmed my solstice practice today; will post on Tuesday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gluten free